Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

James Hetfield opens up in interview

Go down 
+15
manny
JBall_Z
akeldama
candlemass
Schbopo
sam
metalinmyveins
sheets
XYZ
ultmetal
Mglaffas81
Temple of Blood
DeathCult
MetalGuy71
Troublezone
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
JBall_Z
Metal master
Metal master
JBall_Z

Number of posts : 919

James Hetfield opens up in interview - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: James Hetfield opens up in interview   James Hetfield opens up in interview - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 11:12 pm

akeldama wrote:
Good thread, Dave's batter without them though IMO.

Yeah, I prefer the last two Megadeth albums to the latest Metallica CD. The System Has Failed was just awesome IMO.

I'd like to subscribe to Classic Rock magazine, but it's just too expensive.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: James Hetfield opens up in interview   James Hetfield opens up in interview - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 11:17 pm

JBall_Z wrote:
akeldama wrote:

Yeah, I prefer the last two Megadeth albums to the latest Metallica CD. The System Has Failed was just awesome IMO.

Best since Peace Sells! 🤘
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: James Hetfield opens up in interview   James Hetfield opens up in interview - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 11:41 pm

JBall_Z wrote:
akeldama wrote:

I prefer anything and everything from Megadeth over Metallica any day.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: James Hetfield opens up in interview   James Hetfield opens up in interview - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 7:25 am

JBall_Z wrote:
akeldama wrote:

I had a sub for a year...it was very expensive and 2 of my issues got lost in the mail (coming from England)...but the issues I got were great and the comp CD's for each one were pretty cool as well.
Back to top Go down
JBall_Z
Metal master
Metal master
JBall_Z

Number of posts : 919

PostSubject: Re: James Hetfield opens up in interview   James Hetfield opens up in interview - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 9:07 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
JBall_Z wrote:
akeldama wrote:

I had a sub for a year...it was very expensive and 2 of my issues got lost in the mail (coming from England)...but the issues I got were great and the comp CD's for each one were pretty cool as well.

Wow, two issues, that would suck, that's like 20 dollars down the drain. I did order a back issue some time ago. Nikki Sixx was on the cover. I really enjoyed it. There was a cool article with Alice Cooper and great article about Fleetwood Mac and the recording of Rumours.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: James Hetfield opens up in interview   James Hetfield opens up in interview - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 9:28 am

I have the special issue where they focus on the history of Heavy Metal...lengthy pieces on Judas Priest, Black Sabbath, Ronnie Dio, a couple page spread on Thrash Metal and it came with a DVD documentary on Black Sabbath...
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: James Hetfield opens up in interview   James Hetfield opens up in interview - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 9:36 am

I buy Classic Rock Magazine every month at the mall, and it is very pricey but I love the magazine and worth it to me.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: James Hetfield opens up in interview   James Hetfield opens up in interview - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 4:20 pm

xyz wrote:
🇬🇹

I remember watching "Some Kind Of Monster," and Lars was saying he was "attracted" to Mustaine's and Hetfield's masculine nature. I'm not trying to say Lars is a homosexual or anything, but it seemed that any softening in Metallica's music would come from Lars or Kirk, definitely not James or Jason.

He actually didn't say that. When Lars talked about Dave and James, he mentioned how he couldn't deal with the macho attitude that both displayed (Ex: Their mannerisms & their big chests beating). Lars, stated that he felt alienated, because it was so far removed from his upbringing. Is Lars a metrosexual? Definitely. Bisexual? I doubt it, but who knows. Merry? No
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: James Hetfield opens up in interview   James Hetfield opens up in interview - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 4:32 pm

Let's also remember that Lars was raised in a very Bohemian atmosphere (his dad owned a jazz club, his Godfather was Dexter Gordon), so he was always around art and avant garde culture growing up.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: James Hetfield opens up in interview   James Hetfield opens up in interview - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 4:58 pm

detuned wrote:
Let's also remember that Lars was raised in a very Bohemian atmosphere (his dad owned a jazz club, his Godfather was Dexter Gordon), so he was always around art and avant garde culture growing up.

Lars has spoken about many of the Jazz greats visiting his household as a youth. It wasn't unusual that his Godfather Dexter Gordon (like you mentioned detuned), or someone like Miles Davis to show up. Lars upbringing was not only centered around the culture that you referred to detuned, but it was also a home that was stable. Dave and James homes on the other hand could easily be characterized as dysfunctional, hence Lars comments about why he felt alienated by both James and Dave early on.
Back to top Go down
MetalFRO
Metal master
Metal master
MetalFRO

Number of posts : 551

PostSubject: Re: James Hetfield opens up in interview   James Hetfield opens up in interview - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 2:01 pm

metalinmyveins wrote:
**In the cutting room floor excerpts from Megadeth "Behind The Music", Lars admits to being happy for Dave's success with the Peace Sells album, and how he thought that was a great record. Lars then states how he had to secretly keep those feelings from James (James of course was sitting right by him while Lars was stating this, with pretty much nothing to add).**

I used to have that DVD, and I remember getting a BIG smile on my face when I saw that bit Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/metalfro

PostSubject: Re: James Hetfield opens up in interview   James Hetfield opens up in interview - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 8:10 pm

Those guys were making out on the Load cover? Thank goodness I have never purchased, nor heard, that entire album [just the radio crap]. Not to say there is anything wrong with that.....EXCEPT IT SURE AINT'T METALLICA IN MY BOOK!!!!

I actually enjooyed reading that. As far as my recollection goes, that is the first time Hetfield has actually acknowledged the existence of Ron McGovney in the press. I have the new Metallica [forget what it is called right now] and the 2 times I listened to it, I actually enjoyed!! So, reading this honesty from James just steps up my respect level for Metallica from -50000 to -49953. And that is saying alot, coming from my perspective.

Now if they do this Metallica/Megadeth/Slayer thing I just heard about, back to -7888.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: James Hetfield opens up in interview   James Hetfield opens up in interview - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 5:25 pm

Me and a friend were driving back from cd shopping earlier today and I had Megadeth's TWNAH on the player and we started discussing why Mustaine was booted/left the group and then the same but with Jason Newsted as the focal point of the discussion. Peace.
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

PostSubject: Re: James Hetfield opens up in interview   James Hetfield opens up in interview - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 5:58 pm

UNCLE SAXON wrote:

Now if they do this Metallica/Megadeth/Slayer thing I just heard about, back to -7888.

Why!? That would be beyond awesome!!
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: James Hetfield opens up in interview   James Hetfield opens up in interview - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 6:53 pm

Mglaffas81 wrote:
UNCLE SAXON wrote:

Yeah, that's what he's saying. The respect is increasing.
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

PostSubject: Re: James Hetfield opens up in interview   James Hetfield opens up in interview - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 1:33 pm

Schbopo wrote:
Mglaffas81 wrote:
UNCLE SAXON wrote:

Yeah, that's what he's saying. The respect is increasing.

Oh, right. Thought there was an extra 7 in that number
Back to top Go down
Conservationist
Metal novice
Metal novice
Conservationist

Number of posts : 87

PostSubject: Re: James Hetfield opens up in interview   James Hetfield opens up in interview - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 11:14 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
I'm surprised James would allow Kirk to "drive" at all...

I think Kirk turns into Pedobear after dark.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: James Hetfield opens up in interview   James Hetfield opens up in interview - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 1:06 pm

akeldama wrote:

Most Definitly Dave's doing his own thing and is kicking ass doing it
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com

PostSubject: Re: James Hetfield opens up in interview   James Hetfield opens up in interview - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 2:59 pm

I wish Dave would recognize what he's done and get over the grudge with Metallica. And then Eddie will kiss and make up with Dave and Micheal and Sharon will aknowledge Jake was a great guitar player and Axl will stop being a total dork and............and....................."passes out."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: James Hetfield opens up in interview   James Hetfield opens up in interview - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 5:31 pm

....and Paul Stanley will finally come out of the closet.

lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: James Hetfield opens up in interview   James Hetfield opens up in interview - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 1:02 am

TheNazgul wrote:
and Axl will stop being a total dork and.....

Never gonna happen.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: James Hetfield opens up in interview   James Hetfield opens up in interview - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 1:12 am

detuned wrote:
....and Paul Stanley will finally come out of the closet.

lol!

I always thought he had a feminitity about him... lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: James Hetfield opens up in interview   James Hetfield opens up in interview - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

James Hetfield opens up in interview
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2