Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

M3 Rock Festival!! Shiney and I Went! - PICS!! (POST 1)

Go down 
+3
Smindas
ultmetal
Waylon
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Waylon
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 305

M3 Rock Festival!! Shiney and I Went! - PICS!!     (POST 1) Empty
PostSubject: M3 Rock Festival!! Shiney and I Went! - PICS!! (POST 1)   M3 Rock Festival!! Shiney and I Went! - PICS!!     (POST 1) Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 2:57 pm

Shiney and I took a ROADTRIP yesterday, and went to the M3 Rock Festival at the Merriweather Post Pavilion in Columbia, MD. What a day... and what a lineup! We got to see Gilby Clarke, Y & T, Slaughter, Jani Lane, Dokken, KIX, Extreme, RATT, and Twisted Sister! My only regret is not being able to see a few of the bands that were on the second stage (Jetboy, Bulletboys, L.A. Guns, and Keel), as we were right up front at the main stage (as we got there EARLY... just ask Shiney), and were NOT going to leave and give up our spot. I'll leave the concert review to Shiney, but I am going to share the pics I took in several posts. Here are the pics from the first two sets: Gilby Clarke and Y & T.

Gilby Clarke
M3 Rock Festival!! Shiney and I Went! - PICS!!     (POST 1) L_be8539f9e181499b93479b45b2e8719e

M3 Rock Festival!! Shiney and I Went! - PICS!!     (POST 1) L_4ecb8f5e68ae48ec8a799472fe8d300e

M3 Rock Festival!! Shiney and I Went! - PICS!!     (POST 1) L_01d0d3e58ce741859cf6d406ffdf74b1

M3 Rock Festival!! Shiney and I Went! - PICS!!     (POST 1) L_6e2a993752ae4622b2337cdc5f95b7a2

Y & T
M3 Rock Festival!! Shiney and I Went! - PICS!!     (POST 1) L_00a04ee2bd53486f841aad8841d4d1c1

M3 Rock Festival!! Shiney and I Went! - PICS!!     (POST 1) L_432eba068ddd416e80bfa2a6c22b9b98

M3 Rock Festival!! Shiney and I Went! - PICS!!     (POST 1) L_f040e299cd4c4c368f41e5fe70d85d2a

M3 Rock Festival!! Shiney and I Went! - PICS!!     (POST 1) L_56c38e7fd1b841b7b353f30ae8cc3e39

M3 Rock Festival!! Shiney and I Went! - PICS!!     (POST 1) L_33cc446e71444cf29a17d55a5842d3c2

M3 Rock Festival!! Shiney and I Went! - PICS!!     (POST 1) L_3b8601219231419abdc5ce5fa085377d
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: M3 Rock Festival!! Shiney and I Went! - PICS!! (POST 1)   M3 Rock Festival!! Shiney and I Went! - PICS!!     (POST 1) Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 2:58 pm

Where's the Twisted Sister photos?

Metal graduate
Metal graduate

PostSubject: Re: M3 Rock Festival!! Shiney and I Went! - PICS!! (POST 1)   M3 Rock Festival!! Shiney and I Went! - PICS!!     (POST 1) Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 3:07 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Where's the Twisted Sister photos?

I knew that you would be looking for those pics! Very Happy I did get some GREAT shots of TS!!

I'm going to be going through the rest of pics I took, and I should get them uploaded sometime today...
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: M3 Rock Festival!! Shiney and I Went! - PICS!! (POST 1)   M3 Rock Festival!! Shiney and I Went! - PICS!!     (POST 1) Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 3:08 pm

Extreme, Slaughter and Twisted Sister. Colour me jealous.

PostSubject: Re: M3 Rock Festival!! Shiney and I Went! - PICS!! (POST 1)   M3 Rock Festival!! Shiney and I Went! - PICS!!     (POST 1) Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 3:14 pm

How was KIX?
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: M3 Rock Festival!! Shiney and I Went! - PICS!! (POST 1)   M3 Rock Festival!! Shiney and I Went! - PICS!!     (POST 1) Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 3:39 pm

I shall encapsulate....

GILBY CLARKE was boss...I mean this man never gets the respect deserved him, and sadly his biggest claim to fame seems to be with his affiliation with the uber stupid ROCKSTAR SUPERNOVAS bullspit..But he is a great guitarist and songwriter and ANY self respecting hr fan should have the album by KILL FOR THRILLS....

Y&T...Damn! Tha is all I can say, I expected a band in their 30 somethingth year of existance to be tight but wow...absolutely Killer!!

SLAUGHTER....ugh. Sucked!!! Mark Slaughter had no voice so to speak as all the mix allowed one to ehar was the bass and drums...Dana Strum apparently thinks it is all about him as he stomped and mugged his way around like a frontman. And I LIKE SLAUGHTER..but I was disappointed.

JANI LANE. The man looked good and sounded good. His band was tight (KERRI KELLI shreds as guitarist...AND he spoorted a freakin' LORDS OF THE NEW CHURCH shirt!!!!) A bit profane in his banter but that's rock 'n roll....

DOKKEN were great. His new guitarist John Levin(?) has the Lynchian sound down and he shreds!!!! Don doesn't even try most of the high notes and they seem to pick their sets around the fact he can no longer handle the higher register...which is the noble way to go.

KIX. Balls out awesome...I have never seen them prior but they have earned and kept their rep as one of the best most fun live draws ever....and they were hometown heroes, with the biggest crowd of the day...They showed 'em how to do it!

EXTREME. Great. Tight. Awesome...heavy as hell and just wow!

RATT. Strated off badly mixed, but by mid set they were sounding good. Mostly played all their hits.

and then...TWISTED SISTER. HEAVY!!! Thats all I can say. Top form and very heavy. During their set some Taintsniffer decided to get to the stage and stage dive and in my efforts to keep him from landing on young Xander I took his knee to the nose and he rolled off of me into Deathcult who punched the dildo in the head. I kicked him and fear we may have continued had security not swept him away.

That was it. GREAT GREAT fun. Awesome bands (wouldve liked to have caught some of the 2nd stage acts but cest la vie) Met DC in the flesh (Yes, He really is THAT sexy!!) Coolness.

Last edited by Shiney on Sun May 31, 2009 8:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Waylon
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

PostSubject: Re: M3 Rock Festival!! Shiney and I Went! - PICS!! (POST 1)   M3 Rock Festival!! Shiney and I Went! - PICS!!     (POST 1) Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 3:41 pm

KIX yesterday was awesome as ever! I've seen them several times between 1986 and yesterday, and they still put on one of the best shows in all of ROCK! The only gripe I had about their set was that an hour of KIX feels like just a teaser (just way too short).
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: M3 Rock Festival!! Shiney and I Went! - PICS!! (POST 1)   M3 Rock Festival!! Shiney and I Went! - PICS!!     (POST 1) Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 7:36 pm

Quote :
GILBY CLARKE was boss...I mean this man never gets the respect deserved him, and sadly his biggest claim to fame seems to be with his affiliation with the uber stupid ROCKSTAR SUPERNOVAS bullspit..But he is a great guitarist and songwriter and ANY self respecting hr fan should have the album by KILL FOR THRILLS....

Being Shiney's VP of glam/sleaze, I, of course, have Kill For Thrills. I also have all of Gilby's solo albums and his work with Col. Parker ( a sadly unknown collaboration).

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: M3 Rock Festival!! Shiney and I Went! - PICS!! (POST 1)   M3 Rock Festival!! Shiney and I Went! - PICS!!     (POST 1) Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 9:08 pm

Sounds great Shiney, Kix would of been awesome to see.

And Gilby is/was and always will be cool, i mean he was in the "Fab Four of the 80's".........Candy, who quite possibly made the greatest pop record of all time!
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: M3 Rock Festival!! Shiney and I Went! - PICS!! (POST 1)   M3 Rock Festival!! Shiney and I Went! - PICS!!     (POST 1) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 2:28 pm

I didn't hear about this show until it was too late for me to go!!!! And I usually hear about all of the metal shows....... I would have been there had I not heard about it too late......

I don't listen to the radio and I didn't get any emails on it for my concert watch...

Anyway - glad you guys got to attend.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: M3 Rock Festival!! Shiney and I Went! - PICS!! (POST 1)   M3 Rock Festival!! Shiney and I Went! - PICS!!     (POST 1) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

M3 Rock Festival!! Shiney and I Went! - PICS!! (POST 1)
Page 1 of 1