Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

joined a new band

Go down 
+16
Smindas
Troublezone
GrandNational
Thrasher73
Wargod
manny
ultmetal
scottmitchell74
libertynjustice
Glenn Rogers
powermacho
MetalGuy71
nevermore
Temple of Blood
Stender
Lurideath
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17155

joined a new band - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: joined a new band   joined a new band - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 2:43 am

:goodluck:
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: joined a new band   joined a new band - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 3:39 am

The band sounds great, congrats!

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: joined a new band   joined a new band - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 12:18 pm

This is the true power metal style! Sounds great! Congrats, Shannon!

Stupid band name though.......

Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: joined a new band   joined a new band - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 1:52 pm

Stender wrote:
I thinks it cool how you are into being involved with a band that plays a different style than AOB. Good luck.

I agree. It seems pointless to be in a band that sounds close to or very similar.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: joined a new band   joined a new band - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 3:25 pm

Why do you consider it power metal though? I don't understand that aspect. Judas Priest isn't power metal. Not saying this is Judas Priest, but its the same style.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

PostSubject: Re: joined a new band   joined a new band - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 3:25 pm

Thanks everyone! Looking fwd to tearing some smurf poo up!!!
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: joined a new band   joined a new band - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 3:40 pm

Very cool man!
Been meaning to get their album for a long time.
It got a very positive review in Norways leading Metal magazine when it came out.
There was also an interview with the band back then.
Good luck!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto

PostSubject: Re: joined a new band   joined a new band - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 6:09 pm

Lurideath wrote:
Well today its official that I can announce my addition into the band Seventh Calling. Its classic metal with a slight power metal overtone to it. It's NOT power metal though.

http://www.myspace.com/seventhcalling

My audition for them was smooth and easy and we all connect very well together. It's awesome to be able to play this style and I'm looking fwd to what the future has to offer with this band. My 1st shows with them will be in Florida June 12, 13, and 14th!

Avenger of Blood will still continue. Its just going to take a back seat for awhile. All the shows AoB has will still be played and am looking forward to them as well.

So, I don't have to shut up any longer, I gather?

Happy for ya!! See ya in a couple of weeks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: joined a new band   joined a new band - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 6:20 pm

manny wrote:
SpectreFate wrote:
manny wrote:
Lurideath wrote:
June 12 - Jacksonville @ The Pit
June 13 - Orlando @ The Dungeon
June 13 - Tampa @ The Pegasus Lounge

Look forward to meeting you on June 13th

Where is that manny?

In North Tampa somewhere I have never been there, I am going Map Quest it and see if its by any landmarks.

Edit** I just tried to map quest and it could not find it, Map Quest sucks!!! angry

It's across the street from Busch Gardens. Ask the owner if he remembers the guy in '97 that got on stage with the parrot during the I-Tals show, ridiculed the band for butchering the Bob Marley tune, then stage dived into the crowd causing more than a few injuries [the bird was ok].

I lived a couple of miles from there on Fletcher [I used to write "FELTCHER" on all of my correspondence!]. The title for my auto-biography has been tenatively titled "I got a zit in a horrible place.....Tampa, FL!" for some time. I still have not come up with a better title.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: joined a new band   joined a new band - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 9:29 am

Lurideath wrote:
Why do you consider it power metal though? I don't understand that aspect. Judas Priest isn't power metal. Not saying this is Judas Priest, but its the same style.

If you were respoding to my post, I meant that to me this sounded like the original meaning of power metal, with bands like Vicious Rumors, Metal Church and their likes. Sure, you have that classic metal feel also, but intersped with some threashier elements, it is the very definition of power metal to me.

Unfortunatly today power metal is anything with a double bass drum and keyboards!

PostSubject: Re: joined a new band   joined a new band - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 10:07 am

We need to take the true meaning of power metal back!!!! All these new bands should be happy being called "Power Cheese".

lol!
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

PostSubject: Re: joined a new band   joined a new band - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 7:47 pm

Ok I follow you now Kurt. I am not much into what people call "power metal" today and would never be in a band like that. Detuned mentioned "power cheese" which is exactly my thoughts. A few are ok sometimes, but it gets really bland and too happy almost like you were at a circus or something. Merry-go-round music.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: joined a new band   joined a new band - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 7:52 pm

Real power metal isn't like that, like the band you are now playing in. Unfortunately, a lot of people call cheesy flower metal "power metal" and have co-opted a great term with a proud history.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: joined a new band   joined a new band - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 12:15 pm

you go man, come to Atlanta if you get the chance!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal

PostSubject: Re: joined a new band   joined a new band - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 2:33 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Real power metal isn't like that, like the band you are now playing in. Unfortunately, a lot of people call cheesy flower metal "power metal" and have co-opted a great term with a proud history.

No doubt. I honestly do not remember anyone calling Metal Church, Nasty Savage, or Savatage "Power Metal" back in the day. But I can appreciate that term in retrospect.

I would love to get on board with calling all those 80's "almost-thrash/speed metal" bands, Power Metal. But right now, "Power Metal" to me still means crappy Helloween/Angra/Kamelot/Blind Guardian/PC 69 clones. And metal has been dilluted by these bands for 15 years! Most are super talented, but labeling them "metal" is an insult to me and mine. They do not care about the heart and soul of metal. They seem to just want to get up there, look pretty, play technical pop-py hard rock, and have their website get 10000 hits a day to satisfy their record co. Again, just my opinion and perspective.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: joined a new band   joined a new band - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 9:30 pm

Right on US.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: joined a new band   joined a new band - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 1:16 pm

I can agree with Uncle too a point but I admit I like some of it. Those bands Ult says sound like a fart, like Firewind and Silent Force, I call european power metal. I like Gus G so I like Firewind and I like DC Cooper so I like SF. Not ones I pull out a lot but I like them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: joined a new band   joined a new band - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

joined a new band
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2