Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bon Scott or Brian Johnson

Go down 
+18
rattpoison
Schbopo
Lari
Troublezone
nevermore
Svengo
thejokeriv
T-Roy
XYZ
powermacho
manny
tohostudios
DeathCult
mc666
akeldama
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
Addy
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Favorite AC/DC Singer
Bon Scott
Bon Scott or Brian Johnson - Page 2 Vote_lcap50%Bon Scott or Brian Johnson - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 50% [ 17 ]
Brian Johnson
Bon Scott or Brian Johnson - Page 2 Vote_lcap12%Bon Scott or Brian Johnson - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 12% [ 4 ]
Both Equally
Bon Scott or Brian Johnson - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Bon Scott or Brian Johnson - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Brian Johnson slightly over Bon Scott
Bon Scott or Brian Johnson - Page 2 Vote_lcap18%Bon Scott or Brian Johnson - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 18% [ 6 ]
Bon Scott slightly over Brian Johnson
Bon Scott or Brian Johnson - Page 2 Vote_lcap18%Bon Scott or Brian Johnson - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 18% [ 6 ]
Neither
Bon Scott or Brian Johnson - Page 2 Vote_lcap2%Bon Scott or Brian Johnson - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 2% [ 1 ]
I Like Cheetos
Bon Scott or Brian Johnson - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Bon Scott or Brian Johnson - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 34

AuthorMessage
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

Bon Scott or Brian Johnson - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bon Scott or Brian Johnson   Bon Scott or Brian Johnson - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 9:31 pm

Dave Evans Laughing.................Nah Bon of course.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Bon Scott or Brian Johnson   Bon Scott or Brian Johnson - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 10:41 pm

Bon Scott could sing the yellowpages and he would have found a way to make it sound both sleazy and menacing, plus a great lyricist who wrote with a great sense of humor and irony. He seemed to be both pleased and amused by his success.

That being said, IMO their is no one,and I mean no one who could taken over Bon Scott's spot in AC/DC better than Brian Johnson. Brian Johnson has not only created his own legacy but has always acknowledged Bon's importance to fans and has honored Bon's memory by continuing to perform AC/DC classics that were created during that era.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12766

PostSubject: Re: Bon Scott or Brian Johnson   Bon Scott or Brian Johnson - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 11:44 pm

I am me, so after "For Those About to Rock" .... I gave up on AC/DC. Sure there are good tunes here and there, but the charizma and atitude that Bon brought was history. Brian pretty much has one flavor and Bon is Bon. Listen to "Highway to Hell" and you get pretty much what Bon brings to the table.

I like "Back In Black" the production is amazing and the music is great. The vocals are pretty much the same all the way through. To this day, I think "HIghway to Hell" is a better lp than "Back in Black".
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Bon Scott or Brian Johnson   Bon Scott or Brian Johnson - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 1:43 am

Brian Johnson slightly over Bon ScottBon Scott or Brian Johnson - Page 2 I_vote_lcap 🤘
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Bon Scott or Brian Johnson   Bon Scott or Brian Johnson - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 10:19 am

James B. wrote:
I am me, so after "For Those About to Rock" .... I gave up on AC/DC. Sure there are good tunes here and there, but the charizma and atitude that Bon brought was history. Brian pretty much has one flavor and Bon is Bon. Listen to "Highway to Hell" and you get pretty much what Bon brings to the table.

I like "Back In Black" the production is amazing and the music is great. The vocals are pretty much the same all the way through. To this day, I think "HIghway to Hell" is a better lp than "Back in Black".

Indeed it is 🤘

I also dont think Brian gives off the same feel Bon did, or anywhere even close to it. Plus I dont like Brian live, not one bit.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Bon Scott or Brian Johnson   Bon Scott or Brian Johnson - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 1:41 pm

James B. wrote:

I think Back In Black had more hit-quality songs, but Highway To Hell have more quality songs (if that makes any sense).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bon Scott or Brian Johnson   Bon Scott or Brian Johnson - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 2:27 pm

xyz wrote:

I think Back In Black had more hit-quality songs, but Highway To Hell have more quality songs (if that makes any sense).

Yes, it does.
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Bon Scott or Brian Johnson   Bon Scott or Brian Johnson - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 3:49 pm

This thread has made me go back and dig up all the old AC/DC albums with Bon Scott. I've forgotten how great this stuff really is.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40564

PostSubject: Re: Bon Scott or Brian Johnson   Bon Scott or Brian Johnson - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 4:00 pm

Bon Scott.

Besides Back In Black, I think the Brian Johnson era was a little weak.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: Bon Scott or Brian Johnson   Bon Scott or Brian Johnson - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 9:29 pm

Bon wrote "Ride On"..........Brian couldn't come up with something like that. That's the difference between the two. Brian era AC/DC seems to me like a pared down caricature of Bon era sleaze........and that's it.
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: Bon Scott or Brian Johnson   Bon Scott or Brian Johnson - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 4:18 pm

Brian 10/10
Bonn 9/10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bon Scott or Brian Johnson   Bon Scott or Brian Johnson - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bon Scott or Brian Johnson
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2