Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hibria - The Skull Collector

Go down 
+3
Fat Freddy
tohostudios
scottmitchell74
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

Hibria - The Skull Collector Empty
PostSubject: Hibria - The Skull Collector   Hibria - The Skull Collector Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 5:32 pm

Wow!!!

Been doing research on my "24 in 2009" list, and this album is a no-doubter.

Their first one is great. I had worries about Sophomore slump. Worries were unfounded.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKPZBugBbgg
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Hibria - The Skull Collector   Hibria - The Skull Collector Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 5:43 pm

Hey, I like that!

For some reason I always thought this band was an extreme metal band. Is the rest of their stuff as melodic as "Tiger Punch"?

scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Hibria - The Skull Collector   Hibria - The Skull Collector Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 5:54 pm

I have their first (and only other one) Defying The Rules. It's fantastic!

http://www.myspace.com/hibria

Try Steel Lords Of Wheels.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Hibria - The Skull Collector   Hibria - The Skull Collector Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 6:02 pm

Just put Defying the Rules and Skull Collector in my Amazon cart.

scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Hibria - The Skull Collector   Hibria - The Skull Collector Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 6:11 pm

cheers
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Hibria - The Skull Collector   Hibria - The Skull Collector Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 6:13 pm

Maybe I've just OD'd on glam/sleaze lately but the songs on their MySpace really seemed to scratch a musical itch.

This sounds like what I had hoped the new Bloodbound would be. I like my metal straightforward with lots of memorable melodies. Unfortunately the new Bloodbound seems to be going more of a prog route.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37645

PostSubject: Re: Hibria - The Skull Collector   Hibria - The Skull Collector Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 6:25 pm

DEFYING THE RULES is a cool power/trad metal CD...didn't even know they had a new one out. Thanx for the tip.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hibria - The Skull Collector   Hibria - The Skull Collector Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 6:34 pm

I must be hearing something different than you guys, because that sounds pretty trite to me. don\'t know
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Hibria - The Skull Collector   Hibria - The Skull Collector Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 6:38 pm

sign Turd Burgler!!! Hibria - The Skull Collector 288219
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Hibria - The Skull Collector   Hibria - The Skull Collector Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 7:13 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
I must be hearing something different than you guys, because that sounds pretty trite to me. don\'t know

I think part of the attraction is that I've been on a self-imposed metal ban for about 6 months now. I just got sooooo tired of power metal, symphonic metal, traditional metal that I haven't listened to any metal for months now.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Hibria - The Skull Collector   Hibria - The Skull Collector Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 12:39 pm

This just came out of nowhere. I didn't even know they were recording again and then BOOM, the sophomore was reviewed all over the place. Needless to say, IT WILL BE MINE!

Last edited by kmorg on Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hibria - The Skull Collector   Hibria - The Skull Collector Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 12:44 pm

kmorg wrote:
This just came out of nowhere. I didn't even know they were recording again and then BOOM, the sophomore was reviewed all over the place. Needless to say, IT WILL BE INE!

Hibria - The Skull Collector Hitler-baby
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Hibria - The Skull Collector   Hibria - The Skull Collector Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 12:46 pm

I have no idea what you are talking about. Cool

PostSubject: Re: Hibria - The Skull Collector   Hibria - The Skull Collector Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 12:47 pm

kmorg wrote:
I have no idea what you are talking about. Cool

You forgot to edit my quote. Smile
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: Hibria - The Skull Collector   Hibria - The Skull Collector Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 9:01 am

I want to buy at least one album from this band to see how much I may like them!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Hibria - The Skull Collector   Hibria - The Skull Collector Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 2:01 pm

This album freakin' shreds!

Even the bass player gets to solo! This band is rapidly becoming my favorite traditional heavy metal band.

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Hibria - The Skull Collector   Hibria - The Skull Collector Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 2:59 pm

This stuff sounds really good to me, I'm gonna have to pick it up. This guitarist is amazing.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Hibria - The Skull Collector   Hibria - The Skull Collector Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 3:17 pm

Yeah, the guitar solos on this disc are mind blowing.

scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Hibria - The Skull Collector   Hibria - The Skull Collector Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 9:23 am

🤘 Can't wait to get it!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Hibria - The Skull Collector   Hibria - The Skull Collector Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 11:28 am

I like what I'm hearing, but I think I'm over with power metal these days. Too much samey-ness.

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Hibria - The Skull Collector   Hibria - The Skull Collector Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 2:04 pm

Yeah, I agree MetalGuy71, but this band at least has some serious chops to do it a cut above the rest. I could probably listen to this guitar player all by himself and enjoy it.

All of metal needs to try new things. Not necessarily drastic, but everyone should be trying something different. Too much stagnation out there in every genre IMHO.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37645

PostSubject: Re: Hibria - The Skull Collector   Hibria - The Skull Collector Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 2:10 pm

Did Piet Sielck (Iron Savior) have anything to do with the new Hibria? I believe he co-produced and/or mixed their first album.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Hibria - The Skull Collector   Hibria - The Skull Collector Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 2:14 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Did Piet Sielck (Iron Savior) have anything to do with the new Hibria? I believe he co-produced and/or mixed their first album.

Doesn't look like it.

PostSubject: Re: Hibria - The Skull Collector   Hibria - The Skull Collector Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 2:17 pm

I'm liking this sound. In this day of hybridization it's nice to hear just metal.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Hibria - The Skull Collector   Hibria - The Skull Collector Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 2:42 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Yeah, I agree MetalGuy71, but this band at least has some serious chops to do it a cut above the rest. I could probably listen to this guitar player all by himself and enjoy it.

All of metal needs to try new things. Not necessarily drastic, but everyone should be trying something different. Too much stagnation out there in every genre IMHO.

It's just not something I think I'd come back to after a few spins. I'd get it, listen to it, then shelve it for a few months. Eh, maybe I'm wrong on this one, but I know I've done it in the past with bands like this.

PostSubject: Re: Hibria - The Skull Collector   Hibria - The Skull Collector Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hibria - The Skull Collector
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next