Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Predator 3 rumour

Go down 
+14
SideShowDisaSter
GrandNational
thejokeriv
TheGooch
Metal Misfit
EvyMetal
MetalGuy71
Leatherface
Svengo
MoonChild
SlaytanicPOWER
manny
Fat Freddy
fingers
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

Predator 3 rumour - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Predator 3 rumour   Predator 3 rumour - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 2:45 pm

As usual, I'm the oddball. I really liked AVP (and I'm of the generation that grew up with the Alien franchise. I saw Alien when I was 6) and I thought AVP- Requiem was decent as well. I'm easy to please with monster flicks.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Predator 3 rumour   Predator 3 rumour - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 6:28 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
As usual, I'm the oddball. I really liked AVP (and I'm of the generation that grew up with the Alien franchise. I saw Alien when I was 6) and I thought AVP- Requiem was decent as well. I'm easy to please with monster flicks.

I liked both AvP flicks too... though I wonder if I'd been as charitable if I'd paid $10 to see'em at the multiplex (I saw both on DVD).

Dunno how many of you have read the various Alien Vs. Predator comic books that Dark Horse Comics were publishing throughout the 90s, I was a HUGE fan of that series and I guess I was simply happy to finally see both species do the Monster Mash on screen.
Though I have to say, if they'd simply adapted the first AvP comic series to film it would've been better than both of the movies put together.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Predator 3 rumour   Predator 3 rumour - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 6:40 pm

Plus I'm a huge Sanaa Lathan fanboy.

Predator 3 rumour - Page 2 SanaaLathan

Last edited by scottmitchell74 on Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Predator 3 rumour   Predator 3 rumour - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 6:41 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:

That makes 2 of us. dancingthing
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Predator 3 rumour   Predator 3 rumour - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 6:51 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:

3 of us. 🤘
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Predator 3 rumour   Predator 3 rumour - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 3:01 am

Nope.
Back to top Go down
SlaytanicPOWER
Metal master
Metal master
SlaytanicPOWER

Number of posts : 679

PostSubject: Re: Predator 3 rumour   Predator 3 rumour - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 12:37 pm

Anderson COMPLETELY butchered/ripped off the comics and novels.

One big difference is this: Film franchise is ALIEN vs PREDATOR, Comic/novel is ALIENS vs PREDATOR. This distinction i detected immediately.

Ther merging of the two universes was to occur during the ALIENS universe time period (pulse rifles, interplanetary travel, smart guns, space ships, etc) not as a precursor to the movie ALIEN.

Even the computer games got this bit right. There is nothing better than tearing through a xeno or yautja with an M41 pulse rifle.

The original 'female badass' was derived from Machiko Noguchi from the AVP comics/novels (who was not some incompetant mishappen adventurer who miraculoulsy 'becomes' a bamf at melee combat).

Machiko (obviously japanese) was nicknamed "The Nitrogen Queen" because her management skills lead her to be a total beeoch while on Ryushi (a mining colony, an extraterrestrial cattle settlement and research facility). She was a well developed pracitioner of martial arts and weapons. Unlike the film, she is actually accepted into the hunting group of another pack leader where she remains for some time, further developing her @$$kicking skills and earning her quite a rep. as that "Ooman , pyode amedha" that needs to be done away with.

Predator 3 rumour - Page 2 Blog_htmachiko

Scar (on the movie) takes the place of Da'chan'de/Yeyinde(human nick name = Broken Tusk) who instead of being this initiate predator that gets extremely lucky (as in the film), is actually a long estabilished crusty @$$ veteran who has sired dozens of children over the years, lead and trained dozens of initiates, and a series of accidents render him in the care of hte humans in the facility (whereupon he allies himself with them as his crew of initiates have gone rogue).
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Predator 3 rumour   Predator 3 rumour - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 3:17 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:

I loved her in Nip/Tuck Season 4; she had some very hot scenes. I could've cared less for her in the AVP film.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Predator 3 rumour   Predator 3 rumour - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 3:27 pm

Interesting news regarding the franchise. The first Predator film is my favorite action/sci-fi movie of all time. This is one of those movies that my brother and I used to quote on a regular basis. Aliens, Weird Science, Young Guns & Die Hard were/are some of our other favorites as well.

I thought Predator II was able to hold it's own. I was always a big Danny Glover fan, and considering the shoes he had to fill, I thought he did fine. I remember Arnold stating that they wanted to resurrect both the Terminator franchise and the Predator franchise, and he decided to walk away from the Predator franchise.

I hated the first AVP film. I hated the fact that Aliens made the Predators look so second rate. I also hated the setting...Antarctica. I thought the acting was brutal. It sucked.

I thought the second AVP "Requiem" redeemed itself. The action was better. I liked the location shoot for the film, as it introduced small town Americana. This time the Predator was allowed to shine.
Back to top Go down
SlaytanicPOWER
Metal master
Metal master
SlaytanicPOWER

Number of posts : 679

PostSubject: Re: Predator 3 rumour   Predator 3 rumour - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 4:56 pm

metalinmyveins wrote:
Interesting news regarding the franchise. The first Predator film is my favorite action/sci-fi movie of all time. This is one of those movies that my brother and I used to quote on a regular basis. Aliens, Weird Science, Young Guns & Die Hard were/are some of our other favorites as well.

I thought Predator II was able to hold it's own. I was always a big Danny Glover fan, and considering the shoes he had to fill, I thought he did fine. I remember Arnold stating that they wanted to resurrect both the Terminator franchise and the Predator franchise, and he decided to walk away from the Predator franchise.

I hated the first AVP film. I hated the fact that Aliens made the Predators look so second rate. I also hated the setting...Antarctica. I thought the acting was brutal. It sucked.

I thought the second AVP "Requiem" redeemed itself. The action was better. I liked the location shoot for the film, as it introduced small town Americana. This time the Predator was allowed to shine.

Not to mention in a realistic situation if xeno's were allowed to colonize on a human city. The only feasible option would be nuclear annihilation.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Predator 3 rumour   Predator 3 rumour - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Predator 3 rumour
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2