Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I SO underestimated Judas Priest!!!!

Go down 
+20
mr.electric39
fingers
Chairman_Smith
the sentinel
jstate
thejokeriv
7thSaviour
Metal Misfit
skullsmasher
Troublezone
mc666
tohostudios
kmorg
Fat Freddy
Temple of Blood
manny
ghost
SideShowDisaSter
Rex
scottmitchell74
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

I SO underestimated Judas Priest!!!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I SO underestimated Judas Priest!!!!   I SO underestimated Judas Priest!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 9:55 pm

I cut out all the filler and made Nostradamus a killer album, heres the tracklist,

1. Prophecy
2. Revelations
3. War
4. Pestilence and Plauge
5. Death
6. Conquest
7. Persecution
8. Visions
9. Nostradaumus
10. Future of Mankind

And it keeps the story intact and flows like an album.
Back to top Go down
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

Number of posts : 815

PostSubject: Re: I SO underestimated Judas Priest!!!!   I SO underestimated Judas Priest!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 9:57 am

scottmitchell74 wrote:
In my CD rotation system J/K came up. I can't get Painkiller out of my cd player!!!

This is a metal masterpiece! I even think Jugulator in very underrated and Screaming For Vengeance is great as well.

I avoided them for about 20 years because of the oversaturation of songs like Breaking The Law and Turbo Lover. I thought that's what Priest was, so I avoided them. It's actually kind of cool because now all these albums are new and fresh to me.

They are great song writers. That's what I've been noticing. Within the Metal fury, they write great songs.

best 70s album by JP is Sad Wings of Destiny, best 80s album would be Screaming for Vengeance and the best 90s/00s album would be Painkiller with Halford and the best album with Ripper Owens is Jugulator. All the ir albums are great but with Demolition and Nostradamus AVOID THEM AT ALL COSTS they should not be under the Judas priest name. Turbo album only sounds good when the songs are played live they drop the horrible synersizers get Priest Live and Ram it Down is an average Judas Priest album with some good songs but I'd only get it if you see it on sale.

Last but not least get their 1982 Live DVD it rules
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: I SO underestimated Judas Priest!!!!   I SO underestimated Judas Priest!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 10:40 am

detuned wrote:
UNLEASHED IN THE EAST!!!!!!!

I SO underestimated Judas Priest!!!! - Page 2 F59046namjk

Well at least if he gets this album now you get THE WHOLE THING !!!!! The four 'bonus' cuts were Japanese only back in the day and you had to pay your left nut to get it. When I first saw it I couldn't believe it !.... musta been 1983... They were on a 7" single you played at 33rpm.... 'Rock Forever', 'Delivering the Goods', 'Hell Bent for Leather', 'Starbreaker' (with the the Les Binks drum solo....!)

Great album....

Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: I SO underestimated Judas Priest!!!!   I SO underestimated Judas Priest!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 10:53 am

The most underrated album in Priest's discography (and one of my personal favorites):

I SO underestimated Judas Priest!!!! - Page 2 I61319xel6a

Point Of Entry. Not their heaviest album, and one that took me years to appreciate, but now one of my all-time favorites by them.

Turning Circles, Heading Out To The Highway, Desert Plains, Solar Angels, You Say Yes. GREAT songs!
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: I SO underestimated Judas Priest!!!!   I SO underestimated Judas Priest!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 11:02 am

detuned wrote:
The most underrated album in Priest's discography (and one of my personal favorites):

Point Of Entry. Not their heaviest album, and one that took me years to appreciate, but now one of my all-time favorites by them.

Turning Circles, Heading Out To The Highway, Desert Plains, Solar Angels, You Say Yes. GREAT songs!

I also love this album, 'Desert Plains' one of my fav Judas Priest tracks ever.
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

PostSubject: Re: I SO underestimated Judas Priest!!!!   I SO underestimated Judas Priest!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 11:04 am

detuned wrote:

I remember really digging that album (still do) when I first got it and yes there are some fantastic tunes on it. But it was another miscalculation to make Priest more 'commercial'....It failed to live up to sales of 'British Steel' (it didn't even go gold initially) so they went Heavy got Screaming and SMASH.....

Then they were disappointed that 'Defenders' didn't go platinum on initial release and so they went commercial again.... I SO underestimated Judas Priest!!!! - Page 2 692390: ...... I know I am.....

Frustrating as it seemed to me they just needed to write great Heavy Metal tunes and let the chips fall....

I loved 'On the Run' and 'Hot Rockin' in addition to what you mentioned.

Happy

Last edited by mr.electric39 on Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:27 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I SO underestimated Judas Priest!!!!   I SO underestimated Judas Priest!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 11:06 am

I really don't care for "Point of Entry" although 2 of my favorite Priest songs are on it. "Hot Rockin'" and "Desert Plains".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I SO underestimated Judas Priest!!!!   I SO underestimated Judas Priest!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 11:15 am

It took me about 15 years to realize how good the songwriting on Point Of Entry is. I was at a party at a friends house in Seattle and he was playing "DJ" that night...he put "Turning Circles" on and all of a sudden the light bulb went off. I went out and bought a copy of the CD the next day.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: I SO underestimated Judas Priest!!!!   I SO underestimated Judas Priest!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 11:17 am

Point of Entry is a sentimental favorite for me because the first Priest song I ever heard (thanks to a then-newfangled cable channel called MTV) was "Headin' out to the Highway."

Looking back at it all these years later, the album is something of a mixed bag but I still love "Highway," "Hot Rockin," "Desert Plains" "Don't Go" and "Solar Angels."

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Neuropete
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Neuropete

Number of posts : 306

PostSubject: Re: I SO underestimated Judas Priest!!!!   I SO underestimated Judas Priest!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 11:19 am

detuned wrote:

This is SOOOOOO true. I have been a huge fan of Point of Entry, and would list is as one of my favorite JP albums. It was one of the first recordings I got from them. Everyone at the time was listening to British Steel or Screaming for vengenance, and I remember going to the local Sound Warehouse and only finding this. I bought it in cassette form and played it constantly.
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: I SO underestimated Judas Priest!!!!   I SO underestimated Judas Priest!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 11:59 am

Anybody else here rate RID as their JP fave?
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

PostSubject: Re: I SO underestimated Judas Priest!!!!   I SO underestimated Judas Priest!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 12:09 pm

7thSaviour wrote:

I loved the tune Ram It Down..... but.... on the whole the production was rank I SO underestimated Judas Priest!!!! - Page 2 288219 which really ruined it for me. It just felt contrived to me after their debacle with 'Turbo' and 'Priest Live'. 'Let's be HEAVY again because that's what's selling' thrash and all .... imo.....

After hearing the raves about 'Painkiller' I guess I will have to find it...

Happy
Back to top Go down
SlaytanicPOWER
Metal master
Metal master
SlaytanicPOWER

Number of posts : 679

PostSubject: Re: I SO underestimated Judas Priest!!!!   I SO underestimated Judas Priest!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 12:25 pm

Neuropete wrote:
detuned wrote:

This is SOOOOOO true. I have been a huge fan of Point of Entry, and would list is as one of my favorite JP albums. It was one of the first recordings I got from them. Everyone at the time was listening to British Steel or Screaming for vengenance, and I remember going to the local Sound Warehouse and only finding this. I bought it in cassette form and played it constantly.

Agree also, PoE is a great album, I still warm up on guitar playing Heading out to the highway.

I also think Ram It Down is far too underrated of a Priest album and should not be compared to Turbo by any means.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: I SO underestimated Judas Priest!!!!   I SO underestimated Judas Priest!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 12:52 pm

7thSaviour wrote:

I wouldn't call it one of my "faves" but I seem to be one of its few supporters round these parts. I call it "the forgotten Priest album" because it seems to be largely ignored except by Priest diehards. It did have the misfortune to get sandwiched in between an album that was widely considered their worst (TURBO) and one that was considered their best (PAINKILLER). So it's kinda the "runt" of their discography.

As for me, I dug the RAM IT DOWN album when it was first released, I didn't totally hate TURBO at the time but when R.I.D. came out I remember breathing a huge sigh of relief upon the first listen and realizing that they weren't continuing in the TURBO vein. It still gets semi regular spins round mi casa. They put on a killer show when I saw 'em on the RAM IT DOWN tour too. 🤘

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I SO underestimated Judas Priest!!!!   I SO underestimated Judas Priest!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 1:00 pm

I love Ram It Down. Blood Red Skies is one of their better songs but they made a mistake doing Johnny B. Goode and then releasing it as a single.
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: I SO underestimated Judas Priest!!!!   I SO underestimated Judas Priest!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 2:28 pm

Stained Class.......GET IT!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: I SO underestimated Judas Priest!!!!   I SO underestimated Judas Priest!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 2:30 pm

Rex wrote:
Stained Class.......GET IT!!!!!!

What he said! 🤘

Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: I SO underestimated Judas Priest!!!!   I SO underestimated Judas Priest!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 6:13 pm

Ram It Down -- very underrated album. "Blood Red Skies" is one of my favorite Priest songs.

Point of Entry -- sick My least favorite by them.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: I SO underestimated Judas Priest!!!!   I SO underestimated Judas Priest!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 8:47 pm

Metal Misfit wrote:
Ram It Down -- very underrated album. "Blood Red Skies" is one of my favorite Priest songs.

Point of Entry -- sick My least favorite by them.
Point of Entry - very underrated
Ram it Down - generic, uninspired... my least favourite Priest album. Well, after Demolition, maybe.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: I SO underestimated Judas Priest!!!!   I SO underestimated Judas Priest!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 11:12 pm

Lari wrote:

Point of Entry - very underrated
Ram it Down - generic, uninspired... my least favourite Priest album. Well, after Demolition, maybe.

My evil twin!
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: I SO underestimated Judas Priest!!!!   I SO underestimated Judas Priest!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 11:14 pm

My Priest collection:

British Steel
Screaming for Vengeance
Turbo
Nostradamus
Living After Midnight: Best of

I'm content with that.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: I SO underestimated Judas Priest!!!!   I SO underestimated Judas Priest!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 10:48 am

I forgot all about that Living After Midnight collection. I have it around here... somewhere...

It was my very first Priest album. A friend of mine got it for his birthday or something, and ended up giving it to me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I SO underestimated Judas Priest!!!!   I SO underestimated Judas Priest!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I SO underestimated Judas Priest!!!!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2