Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I SO underestimated Judas Priest!!!!

Go down 
+20
mr.electric39
fingers
Chairman_Smith
the sentinel
jstate
thejokeriv
7thSaviour
Metal Misfit
skullsmasher
Troublezone
mc666
tohostudios
kmorg
Fat Freddy
Temple of Blood
manny
ghost
SideShowDisaSter
Rex
scottmitchell74
24 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

I SO underestimated Judas Priest!!!! Empty
PostSubject: I SO underestimated Judas Priest!!!!   I SO underestimated Judas Priest!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 1:06 pm

In my CD rotation system J/K came up. I can't get Painkiller out of my cd player!!!

This is a metal masterpiece! I even think Jugulator in very underrated and Screaming For Vengeance is great as well.

I avoided them for about 20 years because of the oversaturation of songs like Breaking The Law and Turbo Lover. I thought that's what Priest was, so I avoided them. It's actually kind of cool because now all these albums are new and fresh to me.

They are great song writers. That's what I've been noticing. Within the Metal fury, they write great songs.
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: I SO underestimated Judas Priest!!!!   I SO underestimated Judas Priest!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 1:11 pm

Stained Class.........get it!
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

PostSubject: Re: I SO underestimated Judas Priest!!!!   I SO underestimated Judas Priest!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 1:13 pm

Dude, you've been missing out! Painkiller is, IMO, one of the very best speed metal albums of all time! Screaming For Vengeance and Defenders Of The Faith are also OUTSTANDING albums. Even as overplayed as most songs on it are, British Steel is also still a great record.

I'd be willing to bet that most fans would not have complained one bit about Jugulator if Halford had been wailing away on it when it first came out. That and the fact that it followed the mighty Painkiller were the two biggest factors working against it.

PostSubject: Re: I SO underestimated Judas Priest!!!!   I SO underestimated Judas Priest!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 1:16 pm

It's cool when you discover a "new" band. Painkiller and Screaming are my faves so we think a lot alike there.
Back to top Go down
ghost
Metal master
Metal master
ghost

Number of posts : 814

PostSubject: Re: I SO underestimated Judas Priest!!!!   I SO underestimated Judas Priest!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 1:17 pm

Wow, I grew up with Priest. It was one of the first Metal bands that I got into besides Motörhead, Maiden, Saxon and Scorpions. I like every album of them.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: I SO underestimated Judas Priest!!!!   I SO underestimated Judas Priest!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 1:17 pm

Scott start with this double greatest hits package, I recommended this set to anyone discovering the joys of Judas Priest, and then listen your metal brutha's on recommendations, good news is you get their discography even brand new at reasonable prices:

I SO underestimated Judas Priest!!!! Album-metal-works-73-93
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: I SO underestimated Judas Priest!!!!   I SO underestimated Judas Priest!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 1:19 pm

Yeah, they're an amazing band. "Painkiller" is really awesome. Make sure you pick up "Unleashed in the East" at some point .... Halford's vocals on that one are incredible.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: I SO underestimated Judas Priest!!!!   I SO underestimated Judas Priest!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 1:21 pm

You're just discovering Judas Priest NOW at your age? Well, geez, it's ABOUT DAMN TIME you woke up!! Laughing

But seriously, folks...everything up thru DEFENDERS OF THE FAITH is pure gold. They've had some good ones since then, a couple of bad ones, but what the hell, get'em all. You won't be sorry.

Personal faves of mine are SAD WINGS OF DESTINY, STAINED CLASS and UNLEASHED IN THE EAST.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: I SO underestimated Judas Priest!!!!   I SO underestimated Judas Priest!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 1:32 pm

That is cool, Scott. I did the same only a few years ago. I grew up very familiar with JP. A good friend of mine had most of their albums. And I even remember liking "Turbo". But I never counted myself as a fan, and thus never really bought any of their CD's. But then I hooked up with Painkiller, for whatever reason, and I was hooked! I own most of their catalogue now, and enjoy most of it. But Painkiller is a favorite. "Touch of Evil" is a personal favorite track.

PostSubject: Re: I SO underestimated Judas Priest!!!!   I SO underestimated Judas Priest!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 1:33 pm

UNLEASHED IN THE EAST!!!!!!!

I SO underestimated Judas Priest!!!! F59046namjk
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: I SO underestimated Judas Priest!!!!   I SO underestimated Judas Priest!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 1:42 pm

I like the really early Priest the best. Sad Wings Of Destiny & Sin After Sin are excellent; sort of prog metal sounding.

Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: I SO underestimated Judas Priest!!!!   I SO underestimated Judas Priest!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 2:22 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I like the really early Priest the best. Sad Wings Of Destiny & Sin After Sin are excellent; sort of prog metal sounding.
i love the early Priest best as well. from Rocka Rolla up till British Steel especially. it's all good though.

PostSubject: Re: I SO underestimated Judas Priest!!!!   I SO underestimated Judas Priest!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 2:29 pm

Sin After Sin was the album that originally turned me into a Priest fan.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: I SO underestimated Judas Priest!!!!   I SO underestimated Judas Priest!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 4:02 pm

It's good to see you discover Priest but it's hard to believe you only heard songs from Turbo and British Steel. You seem to have heard of many underground power metal albums. Laughing
Back to top Go down
skullsmasher
Metal master
Metal master
skullsmasher

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: I SO underestimated Judas Priest!!!!   I SO underestimated Judas Priest!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 4:53 pm

I would recommend getting all of them, a fantastic band!!!
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: I SO underestimated Judas Priest!!!!   I SO underestimated Judas Priest!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 5:30 pm

detuned wrote:
the greatest album ever made by anyone at anytime.

Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: I SO underestimated Judas Priest!!!!   I SO underestimated Judas Priest!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 5:42 pm

mc666 wrote:
detuned wrote:
the greatest album ever made by anyone at anytime.

I SO underestimated Judas Priest!!!! 647664
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: I SO underestimated Judas Priest!!!!   I SO underestimated Judas Priest!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 5:49 pm

it's just personal opinion. what would be your favorite album of all time, may i ask?

Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: I SO underestimated Judas Priest!!!!   I SO underestimated Judas Priest!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 5:54 pm

mc666 wrote:
it's just personal opinion. what would be your favorite album of all time, may i ask?

Impossible to answer. BTW i was just messing with you, although i strongly disagree with your pick. Smile
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: I SO underestimated Judas Priest!!!!   I SO underestimated Judas Priest!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 6:18 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
You're just discovering Judas Priest NOW at your age? Well, geez, it's ABOUT DAMN TIME you woke up!! Laughing

But seriously, folks...everything up thru DEFENDERS OF THE FAITH is pure gold. They've had some good ones since then, a couple of bad ones, but what the hell, get'em all. You won't be sorry.

This.

My faves are Painkiller (far above anything else they've done), Ram It Down, Defenders of the Faith
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: I SO underestimated Judas Priest!!!!   I SO underestimated Judas Priest!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 6:55 pm

1.Ram It Down
2.Turbo
3.PK
4.Jugulator
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: I SO underestimated Judas Priest!!!!   I SO underestimated Judas Priest!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 8:35 pm

Painkiller is a GREAT album!!!!!! Other faves - Defenders, Unleashed
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: I SO underestimated Judas Priest!!!!   I SO underestimated Judas Priest!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 8:57 pm

I was much like Scott with anything before Screaming For Vengeance. I resisted for a long time checking out the earlier stuff (even British Steel). Big mistake on my part. Although with Sin After Sin I'm glad I was much older before I ever got it - the younger me wouldn't have given it it's due.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: I SO underestimated Judas Priest!!!!   I SO underestimated Judas Priest!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 9:15 pm

Sin After Sin was the first Priest album I owned. Good stuff. "Sinner", "Diamonds & Rust" and "Here Come the Tears" are my favorites from that album.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: I SO underestimated Judas Priest!!!!   I SO underestimated Judas Priest!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 9:40 pm

You are lucky you're in Texas pal and I am in Rhode Island!!! I SO underestimated Judas Priest!!!! 430996 J/K.

I have been playing Sad Wings a lot lately.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I SO underestimated Judas Priest!!!!   I SO underestimated Judas Priest!!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I SO underestimated Judas Priest!!!!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next