Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

National Day of Slayer

Go down 
+10
SlaytanicPOWER
EvyMetal
ultmetal
mc666
Temple of Blood
sam
Schbopo
7thSaviour
candlemass
Conservationist
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

National Day of Slayer - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: National Day of Slayer   National Day of Slayer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 11:41 am

Don't get your panties in a bunch, and that mean all of y'all!

Lighten up. And I'm not talking about your church! Laughing

PostSubject: Re: National Day of Slayer   National Day of Slayer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 12:53 pm

Quote :

TheNazgul wrote:

Quote:
I read from front to back... the Zombie Survival Guide, while listening to Cult on 6/6/06, then afterwords I jammed all night and synchronized the last song to be Raining Blood with the final thunder crash to occur right at Midnight

Ever thought about getting a job? Maybe make a friend or two or affraid meet a female.

Well let's see... Rolling Eyes

working for Uncle Sam, and I have a GF (on our 3rd year now) as well as plenty of drinking buddies.

Yourself?

Whoa, should have put a smiley after my post. I was kidding you man, no offense meant. Good for you going Navy, thanks for doing that for us.

Since you asked, I work on a ranch that helps troubled boys, yet also still find time to obsess over metal.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: National Day of Slayer   National Day of Slayer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 12:57 pm

Quote :
a ranch that helps troubled boys,

You may have a Slayer fan coming to you. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: National Day of Slayer   National Day of Slayer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 12:59 pm

Already had a couple. The resurgence of classic thrash is showing up.
Back to top Go down
SlaytanicPOWER
Metal master
Metal master
SlaytanicPOWER

Number of posts : 679

PostSubject: Re: National Day of Slayer   National Day of Slayer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 6:26 pm

TheNazgul wrote:
Quote :

TheNazgul wrote:

Quote:
I read from front to back... the Zombie Survival Guide, while listening to Cult on 6/6/06, then afterwords I jammed all night and synchronized the last song to be Raining Blood with the final thunder crash to occur right at Midnight

Ever thought about getting a job? Maybe make a friend or two or affraid meet a female.

Well let's see... Rolling Eyes

working for Uncle Sam, and I have a GF (on our 3rd year now) as well as plenty of drinking buddies.

Yourself?

Whoa, should have put a smiley after my post. I was kidding you man, no offense meant. Good for you going Navy, thanks for doing that for us.

Since you asked, I work on a ranch that helps troubled boys, yet also still find time to obsess over metal.

Sorry for the sarcasm dude, was at wits end that particular day from academic stuff.
Back to top Go down
SlaytanicPOWER
Metal master
Metal master
SlaytanicPOWER

PostSubject: Re: National Day of Slayer   National Day of Slayer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 6:27 pm

7thSaviour wrote:
We need more metalheads in our armed forces. God bless you, sir!

Thank you Smile
Back to top Go down
metalhead777
Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

Number of posts : 842

PostSubject: Re: National Day of Slayer   National Day of Slayer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 4:50 pm

who didnt see this coming? wheres the judas priest day or the black sabbath day......sickening sick

LOL

lame
Back to top Go down
SlaytanicPOWER
Metal master
Metal master
SlaytanicPOWER

PostSubject: Re: National Day of Slayer   National Day of Slayer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 8:36 am

metalhead777 wrote:
who didnt see this coming? wheres the judas priest day or the black sabbath day......sickening sick

LOL

lame

Well, you *could* take a "That 70's Show" Quote.
-------------------------------------
(at the record store, Hyde ( a 70's rocker/stoner) is working counter, Kitty Foreman an older mother of another character picks up a Judas Priest album)

Kitty Foreman: Judas Priest? That's what Judas 'needed, was a priest! ...Are they spiritual?
Hyde: I listen to them every Sunday Smile

Back to top Go down
metalhead777
Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

PostSubject: Re: National Day of Slayer   National Day of Slayer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 3:49 pm

i dont watch that 70ds show.
Back to top Go down
SlaytanicPOWER
Metal master
Metal master
SlaytanicPOWER

PostSubject: Re: National Day of Slayer   National Day of Slayer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 12:38 am

metalhead777 wrote:

Tis a bummer
Back to top Go down
metalhead777
Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

PostSubject: Re: National Day of Slayer   National Day of Slayer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 3:51 pm

sure....lets go with that
Back to top Go down
Conservationist
Metal novice
Metal novice
Conservationist

Number of posts : 87

PostSubject: Re: National Day of Slayer   National Day of Slayer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 10:33 pm

I have already phoned this one in to work. I have the day off, friends are coming over, and we're going to blast Slayer until the neighbors die.

Quote :

Originally inspired by the National Day of Prayer that religious groups created to draw attention to their beliefs, the National Day of Slayer was thought to be a holiday on June 6, 2006 -- that's 6/6/06 -- but now it has grown.

http://www.nationaldayofprayer.org/

Thanks to support and enjoyment around the world, the National Day of Slayer is now the INTER-National Day of Slayer, and it happens every year on June 6 starting at hour six. On this day, metalheads worldwide stop the pointless activities of a boring world and listen to Slayer.

International Day of Slayer is bigger than one nation, or even one band. It's a celebration of metal music through one of its most articulate spokesbands. It's also revelry in the spirit that makes metal great. So on June 6, stop everything... and listen to SLAYER!

http://www.nationaldayofslayer.org/
Back to top Go down
SlaytanicPOWER
Metal master
Metal master
SlaytanicPOWER

PostSubject: Re: National Day of Slayer   National Day of Slayer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 1:03 pm

What you guys/gals think of the new Slayer tunes popping up here and there?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: National Day of Slayer   National Day of Slayer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 1:22 pm

I've only heard the one song that's been on youtube for awhile. It sounds like Slayer!
Back to top Go down
Conservationist
Metal novice
Metal novice
Conservationist

PostSubject: Re: National Day of Slayer   National Day of Slayer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 10:14 pm

detuned wrote:
I've only heard the one song that's been on youtube for awhile. It sounds like Slayer!

Psychopathy Red seems to me an improvement, and I'm looking forward to the full album.

Quote :

Celebrate the International Day of Slayer, a holiday for all metalheads and those who like Slayer! Every other culture gets its time in the spotlight so it's time for metalheads to get the same. This June 6, starting at 6 AM (get it, 6/6:6?), do no work but listen to Slayer instead.

Originally designed to mock the "National Day of Prayer," the International Day of Slayer has grown through a groundswell of public support. Slayer CDs have been mailed to the White House, politicians pressed to make the holiday legal, and finally, Slayer themselves responded with a video message of support.

Join us... in listening to Slayer. June 6, all day, listen to Slayer, or we'll eat your immortal souls.

...as well as the National Day of Slayer itself, which is this Saturday.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: National Day of Slayer   National Day of Slayer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 10:40 pm

SlaytanicPOWER wrote:
metalhead777 wrote:

Tis a bummer

truly, what a great show.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
Conservationist
Metal novice
Metal novice
Conservationist

PostSubject: Re: National Day of Slayer   National Day of Slayer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 10:12 am

The International Day of Slayer is this Saturday:

Quote :

National Day of Slayer - Page 2 Slayer-reign_in_blood
Tomorrow, Saturday June 6, is the International Day of Slayer.

This is a day to do no work and listen to Slayer, because you're a metalhead and you think the world should recognize metal as a culture.

Being a culture has its advantages. People understand that your values and your music are important to you. They give you space.

Even more important is sending a message to the world that this music has a vital spirit that brings people together, even into a culture. We aren't following the path of others, but our own path.

Where we agree on similar attitudes and values is our culture. The metal culture. And Slayer upholds this ideal, fast and furious and full of horror, like no others.

So this Saturday, celebrate the International Day of Slayer:

* Listen to Slayer at full blast in your car.
* Listen to Slayer at full blast in your home.
* Listen to Slayer at full blast at your place of employment.
* Listen to Slayer at full blast in any public place you prefer.

And pass the word along to other metalheads.

If Muslims, gays, bats, hairdressers, Christians, teachers, postal workers, Scientologists and furries get their own special holidays, I want one for metal.

The older Slayer albums are everything that's right about metal. 90% of death metal and black metal riffs are lifted from early Slayer, Hellhammer and Bathory.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: National Day of Slayer   National Day of Slayer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 10:58 am

Since most of those groups don't really get their own holidays, I guess that makes your point moot.
Back to top Go down
Conservationist
Metal novice
Metal novice
Conservationist

PostSubject: Re: National Day of Slayer   National Day of Slayer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 10:14 am

Currently playing Slayer loudly. Confirm for yourself:

http://www.last.fm/user/Conservationist

People are inbound, beer is chilling (herbal supplements are dehydrating), steaks are marinating and Slayer is blasting.
Back to top Go down
Onkel Ben
Metal novice
Metal novice
Onkel Ben

Number of posts : 42

PostSubject: Re: National Day of Slayer   National Day of Slayer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 10:24 am

I guess I am gonna go play show no mercy at deafening levels now. 🤘
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: National Day of Slayer   National Day of Slayer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 5:48 pm

I'm wearing my Slayer shirt and blasting Slayer today. Right now I am blasting Reign in Blood.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: National Day of Slayer   National Day of Slayer - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

National Day of Slayer
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2