Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Stryper - Murder by Pride review

Go down 
+17
Svengo
Metal Misfit
Thrasher73
mc666
the sentinel
zelote
YngwieDokkenfan
Lurideath
Fat Freddy
candlemass
powermacho
Troublezone
kmorg
libertynjustice
7thSaviour
thejokeriv
ultmetal
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

Stryper - Murder by Pride review - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stryper - Murder by Pride review   Stryper - Murder by Pride review - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 11:20 am

thejokeriv wrote:
7thSaviour wrote:
I think the production is rawer, cleaner, and clearer on Reborn than on YABA. It sounded like they recorded that album in a garage somewhere. Reminds me somewhat of St. Anger in that regard. By the way, I'd rate St. Anger a paltry 2/10.

Well, the album was recorded in 84 and on a limited budget and the songwriting was WAY better than st anger!
Agreed on all counts! Yes, it is way better than St. Anger, but that's not saying a whole lot, now is it? Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - Murder by Pride review   Stryper - Murder by Pride review - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 11:21 am

On a really good day, I might rate YABA as high as a 7/10. That's if I'm hammered and feeling a wee bit nostalgic.
Back to top Go down
YngwieDokkenfan
Metal student
Metal student
YngwieDokkenfan

Number of posts : 112

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - Murder by Pride review   Stryper - Murder by Pride review - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 12:42 am

7thSaviour wrote:
For the record, Yellow And Black Attack 5/10, which I don't own in CD form. It sounds terribly dated and faded.

I have to respectfully disagree with you on that one, 7'th. I absolutely love Yellow and Black Attack 🤘 I give it a 9/10 🤘 This was their first album, and they came on strong with lots of passion, rocked hard, and were in your face about their Christian convictions. Musically, it does not compare to Yngwie's early stuff or early M.S.G., but what does?? It is as good as Dokken's debut from a musical standpoint, and as good as Petra's "On Fire", which did not come out for another four years after this.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - Murder by Pride review   Stryper - Murder by Pride review - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 12:48 pm

Being as good as On Fire is not saying much. YABA is about the nostalgia factor for me now.
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - Murder by Pride review   Stryper - Murder by Pride review - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 4:00 pm

If I based YABA strictly on the nostalgia factor and how it made me feel in the 80s( I LOVED From Wrong To Right), I'd give it a 9/10. But only through those rosecolored beer goggles.
Back to top Go down
zelote
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 10

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - Murder by Pride review   Stryper - Murder by Pride review - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 8:35 pm

Murder By Pride is a good record, i was hear some songs in tunes and sound very well.
I think this records is a combination between the old Stryper sound and a new modern sound according to this time.

I like the passion in songs like "The Plan", maybe not is the old Stryper, but give a chance, we cant live in the past all our lives
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - Murder by Pride review   Stryper - Murder by Pride review - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 11:02 am

Anyone have a date yet for this one? A "solid" date please. Wink
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - Murder by Pride review   Stryper - Murder by Pride review - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 9:06 pm

Anyone pick this up today? I am listening to it now - pretty good!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - Murder by Pride review   Stryper - Murder by Pride review - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 2:57 am

I got the album today as soon as I woke up. I believe I have played album about 8 times so far and I absolutely love it. It is a mix of old and modern for me, but much better than Reborn IMO. This album seems to have have a lot going on it as I catch new things every time I listen to it. I will be spinning this one many more times in the future.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - Murder by Pride review   Stryper - Murder by Pride review - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 8:48 am

Got it. Listening now. Liking what I am hearing thus far. Sounds like a blend of old and new Stryper. I welcome the return of the guitar solo. Micheal Sweet sounds fantastic. Sure, some of the music has a more modern feel, but this really does sound like Stryper. It doesn't sound like Sweet's "Truth" or even "Reborn" for that matter. I really like the Boston cover. Very cool idea having Tom Scholz as a guest guitarist on that song.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - Murder by Pride review   Stryper - Murder by Pride review - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 8:57 am

Listening to it for the 3rd time - I like it a lot so far. Better than reborn (and I liked reborn!)
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - Murder by Pride review   Stryper - Murder by Pride review - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 9:01 am

ultmetal wrote:
It doesn't sound like "Reborn".

I dearly hope that's true. I couldn't frickin STAND REBORN.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - Murder by Pride review   Stryper - Murder by Pride review - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 9:19 am

Mercy over Blame is a kick butt song!

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - Murder by Pride review   Stryper - Murder by Pride review - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 12:22 pm

There really isn't a song on this album that I don't like. I have to admit the Boston cover is one of my favorites. Love the solos and the creativity of all the songs. I did not totally hate Reborn as there was a couple of songs that were good, but for me this album 10x better than Reborn.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - Murder by Pride review   Stryper - Murder by Pride review - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 3:36 am

Just got mine at walmart tonite. It sounds ok but nothing great... I like the solo on the first song. I was expecting some metal screams but it is more modern style vocals.

Quote :
Sounds like a blend of old and new Stryper

Overall that is true.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - Murder by Pride review   Stryper - Murder by Pride review - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 3:52 am

i liked Reborn & like Michael Sweet solo... so i'll probably like the new Stryper.

Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - Murder by Pride review   Stryper - Murder by Pride review - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 7:24 am

mc666 wrote:
i liked Reborn & like Michael Sweet solo... so i'll probably like the new Stryper.

Yep, you will like it.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - Murder by Pride review   Stryper - Murder by Pride review - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 8:55 am

mc666 wrote:

You will like it! Been playing this for the past 2 days -EXCELLENT CD!!! I am really liking that the solos are back!
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - Murder by Pride review   Stryper - Murder by Pride review - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 1:52 pm

Anyone planning to see them on the fall tour? They are coming to the DC area on Oct 15, but I will be out of town (errrr), but I may have to drive up to Lancaster, PA to see them on Sept 23.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - Murder by Pride review   Stryper - Murder by Pride review - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 10:26 pm

After giving this two listens,I Like it alot better than Reborn.It has some of the old and new Stryper mixed in.I can see this becoming one of my favorite Stryper albums.The title track is an instant classic.Mercy over blame is a kicking tune.Even the ballads are well written,not like their syrupy sweet ones from the 80's.Right now my favorite track is The Plan.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - Murder by Pride review   Stryper - Murder by Pride review - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 6:56 pm

This is my first Stryper album. I picked it up along with Halestorm at Walmart for $9.

I like it. Some of the slower stuff is a bit cheesy for me, but I really like "Eclipse for the Son", "4 Leaf Clover" and "Murder By Pride".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - Murder by Pride review   Stryper - Murder by Pride review - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 9:19 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Anyone planning to see them on the fall tour? They are coming to the DC area on Oct 15, but I will be out of town (errrr), but I may have to drive up to Lancaster, PA to see them on Sept 23.

I will more than likely go see them in Orlando at the end of October.
Back to top Go down
Svengo
Metal master
Metal master
Svengo

Number of posts : 967

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - Murder by Pride review   Stryper - Murder by Pride review - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 10:20 pm

I finally took a listen to the whole album and was pleasantly surprised at how solid it was. I hadn't listened to much Stryper since the '80s not too long after I saw 'em on the To Hell With The Devil tour. I may actually have to pick this one up.Smile
Back to top Go down
Joe C
Metal novice
Metal novice
Joe C

Number of posts : 11

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - Murder by Pride review   Stryper - Murder by Pride review - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 6:38 pm

Great bass work by Tracy Ferrie.
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - Murder by Pride review   Stryper - Murder by Pride review - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 7:08 pm

I thought it was good, but not a homerun.... I thought the Boston cover was the best song on the album.... Yet the other songs, even tho there was strong material, just seemed a little pedestrian to me....

www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com/2009/09/stryper-murder-by-pride.html
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - Murder by Pride review   Stryper - Murder by Pride review - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stryper - Murder by Pride review
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next