Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Death Metal Thread

Go down 
+12
SideShowDisaSter
Fat Freddy
Lurideath
Leatherface
Stender
Required Fields
SlaytanicPOWER
Schbopo
manny
mc666
sam
MetalH
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalH
Metal master
Metal master
MetalH

Number of posts : 647

The Death Metal Thread Empty
PostSubject: The Death Metal Thread   The Death Metal Thread Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 6:35 pm

I've been getting into a lot of death metal bands lately. My favorite death metal bands right now are Carcass, Entombed, Morbid Angel, Suffocation, and Immolation. I have been listening to Heartwork and Swansong extensively. Man, those two albums are amazing! I'm spinning Clandestine right now.

I especially love Jeff Walker's vocals. That is one awesome growl!

What are your favorite death metal bands? I did a search for a death metal thread and couldn't find one so I hope there isn't another one out there. headbanger
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bryanlovestrek
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: The Death Metal Thread   The Death Metal Thread Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 6:48 pm

Nile has always been my favorite death metal band, other then that I like morbid angel, malevolent creation, death, cannibal corpse, and a host of others. At the moment I'm stuck on these new tech death bands like The faceless, etc.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
MetalH
Metal master
Metal master
MetalH

PostSubject: Re: The Death Metal Thread   The Death Metal Thread Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 7:03 pm

Death is also great! Symbolic is my favorite album! I'm checking into Dying Fetus, Cryptopsy, and Decrepit Birth.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: The Death Metal Thread   The Death Metal Thread Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 7:13 pm

Morbid Angel is my absolute favorite. i also like Angel Corpse, Suffocation, Asphyx, Immolation, Acheron, Aborted, Sinister, Bolt Thrower, Napalm Death, Akercocke, Pestilence, Obituary, Nile, Autopsy, Cryptopsy, Gorguts, Cianide, Skinless, Behemoth, Cannibal Corpse, Hate Eternal, Hail Of Bullets, & tons more... it's take me all day to list them.

manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: The Death Metal Thread   The Death Metal Thread Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 7:28 pm

My favorite death metal band is Morbid Angel, it is hard to bet the original first 4 releases from these evil S.O.B.'s, 'Altars of Madness' and ' Blessed are the Sick' are essential in any death metal collection IMO.

Of course Death's 'Human' should also be in any metal cd library, Chuck was amazing guitarist.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Death Metal Thread   The Death Metal Thread Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 8:53 pm

GORE CHECK...........................

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE- YAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, I have never minded Al-Baby [hate his doink wife, though], but for a "recovering politician", that is a lot of non-sensical doubletalk!
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: The Death Metal Thread   The Death Metal Thread Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 8:59 pm

There are only a small portion of death metal bands I like

Children of Bodom
In Flames
Possessed
Death
Sepultura (If they count)
Back to top Go down
SlaytanicPOWER
Metal master
Metal master
SlaytanicPOWER

Number of posts : 679

PostSubject: Re: The Death Metal Thread   The Death Metal Thread Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 9:04 pm

Links to...

Solstice - Transmogrified

Nile - Execration Text

Panzerchrist - Panzergrenadier

Panzerchrist - Creature

Debauchery - Blood God Rising

Vital Remains - Icons of Evil

Benediction - They Must Die Screaming

Necrodeath - Hate and Scorn
(They sound borderline thrash)

Dying Fetus - One Shot One Kill
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: The Death Metal Thread   The Death Metal Thread Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 9:33 pm

I dig plenty of death metal.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: The Death Metal Thread   The Death Metal Thread Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 9:38 pm

Bolt Thrower, Mayhem, Obituary, Abhorrence, old Mortification, Morbid Angel, Death, Master, Sinister, and Sadist(Brazil) are what I mostly listen to.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Death Metal Thread   The Death Metal Thread Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 9:51 pm

Click here>>> Easily the best death metal ever created.

am I stepping over the line yet?
Back to top Go down
SlaytanicPOWER
Metal master
Metal master
SlaytanicPOWER

Number of posts : 679

PostSubject: Re: The Death Metal Thread   The Death Metal Thread Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 10:00 pm

Cancer is awesome,
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: The Death Metal Thread   The Death Metal Thread Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 10:27 pm

UNCLE SAXON wrote:
Click here>>> Easily the best death metal ever created.

am I stepping over the line yet?

Yes...you are. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: The Death Metal Thread   The Death Metal Thread Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 11:20 pm

Love death metal. Alot of the bands they I like are already mentioned. I'll through in Massacre and Nocturnus.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: The Death Metal Thread   The Death Metal Thread Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 1:15 pm

There have been a lot of death metal threads in the past where we have talked about it. For myself, some of the bands I like are:

Grave, Unleashed, Gorguts, Asphyx, Hail of Bullets, Carcass, Dawn, Entombed, Dismember, Carnage, Autopsy, Amon Amarth, Gorefest, Acheron, Damnation, Cannibal Corpse. This list is endless.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Death Metal Thread   The Death Metal Thread Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 1:21 pm

So, who would you guys qualify as the first actual death metal band?
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: The Death Metal Thread   The Death Metal Thread Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 1:33 pm

the Possessed/Death debate is ongoing. i've always felt that Morbid Angel was the first....and most consistent.

manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: The Death Metal Thread   The Death Metal Thread Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 2:28 pm

I always felt the first death metal band was Possessed, but I agree with MC666 regarding Morbid Angel being the most consistent.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: The Death Metal Thread   The Death Metal Thread Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 2:30 pm

Possessed did have a song called "Death Metal," so even if they weren't the first death metal band, they did help name it. Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Death Metal Thread   The Death Metal Thread Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 2:41 pm

I always considered Possessed to be a thrash band. Morbid Angel was the first one of these bands I heard that sounded really "unique" (different from thrash).
Back to top Go down
MetalH
Metal master
Metal master
MetalH

PostSubject: Re: The Death Metal Thread   The Death Metal Thread Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 2:46 pm

Yeah, Possessed always sounded more like thrash to me. I was listening to Altars of Madness in the car today. One of death metal's finest recordings!
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: The Death Metal Thread   The Death Metal Thread Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 2:50 pm

I can see where MetalH and detuned are coming from, that they were just a more extreme thrash band than a true death metal band, they were also nicknamed 'baby Slayer' by the metal press back in the day, but to me their image, lyrics, sound, and even logo design make them the proto type for all death metal bands that followed IMO.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: The Death Metal Thread   The Death Metal Thread Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 2:53 pm

Yea, Possessed were one of the first (if not THE first) bands to use the growly vox style that became the death metal trademark.

I will never forget when my bro brought home their SEVEN CHURCHES album back in the day -- he threw it on the turntable and it sounded OK to me till that guy opened his mouth and went WOOOOOARRRRRRRRRGH, I was immediately like "Um, check please." Laughing

That was twenty something years ago now, but to this day I have never been able to get into bands with that vocal style.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Death Metal Thread   The Death Metal Thread Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 2:56 pm

One thing about Seven Churches though...that absolutely INSANE lead guitar melody on The Exorcist is still one of the most unique things I've ever heard on a metal album. It's just completely off the hook.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: The Death Metal Thread   The Death Metal Thread Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 2:58 pm

detuned wrote:
One thing about Seven Churches though...that absolutely INSANE lead guitar melody on The Exorcist is still one of the most unique things I've ever heard on a metal album. It's just completely off the hook.

Hard to believe a few years later Larry LaLonde would resurface in Primus.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Death Metal Thread   The Death Metal Thread Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Death Metal Thread
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next