Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WHITECROSS

Go down 
+11
MetalFRO
mr.electric39
Thrasher73
7thSecond
Addy
James B.
thejokeriv
ultmetal
MetalH
krokus
7thSaviour
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

WHITECROSS - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WHITECROSS   WHITECROSS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 4:35 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
I still want to get all their stuff after Rex left. I really enjoy their earlier stuff and am interested to hear what they became.
I think they were only about half as good without Rex. However, I thought their stuff without Rex was just as good as his stuff with King James, if that tells ya anything. Laughing
Back to top Go down
7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 665

PostSubject: Re: WHITECROSS   WHITECROSS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 8:31 pm

I actually prefer their post Rex stuff, but most will probably disagree. They had some really good and bad stuff both ways though.
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: WHITECROSS   WHITECROSS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 11:37 am

7thSecond wrote:
I actually prefer their post Rex stuff, but most will probably disagree. They had some really good and bad stuff both ways though.
Rex is one of my all-time fave axemen, for sure. headbanger
Back to top Go down
MetalFRO
Metal master
Metal master
MetalFRO

Number of posts : 551

PostSubject: Re: WHITECROSS   WHITECROSS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 5:04 pm

"Triumphant Return" is STILL one of my all-time fav 80's metal albums. "Down" is a classic. I only recently acquired the debut (on vinyl, no less!), and still don't have "Hammer & Nail" yet, but I'm getting there! Awesome band. And who's knocking King James? The debut might have been a tad cheesy & overproduced, but "The Fall" rocks hard! Great album.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/metalfro
arttieTHE1manparty
Administrator
arttieTHE1manparty

Number of posts : 863

PostSubject: Re: WHITECROSS   WHITECROSS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 10:09 pm

7thSaviour wrote:
I've seen recent discussion here on this band, so here's a thread just for WC talk! Fave albums and songs? Talk about a Ratt clone band! headbanger But they did it very well indeed! WHITECROSS - Page 2 604261

I have NEVER thought of them as a Ratt clone at all. As a whole, they are not as talented as Ratt. Rex is incredible, don't get me wrong, but Scott's voice, while similar to Stephen's in places, is NOT good on ballads and gets pretty nasal at times. Ratt's rhythm section is better as well, and the lack of a second guitarist costs Whitecross some fullness in sound. Don't ge me wrong, I LOVE Whitecross on a lot of their stuff, especially those first three discs.

Arttie
Back to top Go down
http://christianmetalrealm.niceboard.com
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12622

PostSubject: Re: WHITECROSS   WHITECROSS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 1:34 am

arttieTHE1manparty wrote:
7thSaviour wrote:
I've seen recent discussion here on this band, so here's a thread just for WC talk! Fave albums and songs? Talk about a Ratt clone band! headbanger But they did it very well indeed! WHITECROSS - Page 2 604261

I have NEVER thought of them as a Ratt clone at all. As a whole, they are not as talented as Ratt. Rex is incredible, don't get me wrong, but Scott's voice, while similar to Stephen's in places, is NOT good on ballads and gets pretty nasal at times. Ratt's rhythm section is better as well, and the lack of a second guitarist costs Whitecross some fullness in sound. Don't ge me wrong, I LOVE Whitecross on a lot of their stuff, especially those first three discs.

Arttie

that was well said, it was also cliche' back in the 80's to give a comparison to christian bands and the secular band they may or may not have sounded similar to. Example, Saint-Priest, Barren Cross-Maiden, Trytan-Rush, Rage of Angels-Crue. ect.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: WHITECROSS   WHITECROSS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 9:32 am

I have the best of, the re-recording of the debut, and Unvieled. I like all three and might one day pick up the others if I find them used somewhere.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: WHITECROSS   WHITECROSS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 1:05 pm

Thanks, y'all!
Back to top Go down
Sons-Of-Vengeance
Metal novice
Metal novice
Sons-Of-Vengeance

Number of posts : 30

PostSubject: Re: WHITECROSS   WHITECROSS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 11:01 am

About the Ratt comparisons, I think musically at times they did sound very Ratt-ish but vocally I think that Wenzel sounds more like Fastways David King than Stephen Pearcy.
Back to top Go down
kethdredd
Metal master
Metal master
kethdredd

Number of posts : 559

PostSubject: Re: WHITECROSS   WHITECROSS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 8:46 pm

Triumphant Return and the rerecorded 1987 are my favorites. I don't have any of the post Rex stuff, is any of it any good?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WHITECROSS   WHITECROSS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 8:54 pm

kethdredd wrote:
Triumphant Return and the rerecorded 1987 are my favorites. I don't have any of the post Rex stuff, is any of it any good?

I like most of "Equilibrium" but haven't heard any of the others.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WHITECROSS   WHITECROSS - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WHITECROSS
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2