Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What Is The Meaning Of Your Username?

Go down 
+37
QuothTheRaven
thejokeriv
SlaytanicPOWER
Leatherface
MetalFRO
DallasBlack
SAHB Healer
jstate
TrogDawn
GrandNational
7thSaviour
Olafsto
sam
Thrasher73
Troublezone
EvyMetal
James B.
DeathCult
spiritoradio
MetalGuy71
Stender
MetalH
manny
Fat Freddy
Addy
XYZ
bgast1
Lari
Smindas
metalheaded
tohostudios
scottmitchell74
mc666
Schbopo
Mglaffas81
kmorg
akeldama
41 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

What Is The Meaning Of Your Username? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Is The Meaning Of Your Username?   What Is The Meaning Of Your Username? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 2:41 am

Sensational Alex Harvey Band and their song Faith Healer. They are my favorite non-metal band. It has nothing to do with my avatar which is of my favorite metal band. I know that's confusing, but it's just a coincidence.
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: What Is The Meaning Of Your Username?   What Is The Meaning Of Your Username? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 3:20 am

I always wondered what SAHB standed for.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: What Is The Meaning Of Your Username?   What Is The Meaning Of Your Username? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 4:54 am

I must say, that I was the first one to start a thread like this a while back called What's In A Name. Unfortunatly, when the board was revamped, it dissapeared. I was going to start a new one but I'm lazy so looks like it has been taken care of for me Smile .

Dallas Black would have been my Pro-wrestling name had my life turned out differently. Origionally my name was going to be Mr. Black and I would wear an all black suit and sunglasses and I was going to be the body guard for my friends who would go by the name of The Dallas Wrecking Crew. I remember one of my friends talking about the old Minnesota Wrecking Crew and I figured since we're near Dallas that would be the name. I figured if only I had made it to the big leagues or we ever split up, that I would need a new persona. So I took away the Mr. and added the first name Dallas. Hence, Dallas Black. Now Dallas Black is only a fantasy character of who I could have been if I could re-do my life.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: What Is The Meaning Of Your Username?   What Is The Meaning Of Your Username? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 5:53 am

Interesting story Dallas but also a little sad. On a brighter note, I too did some "pro wrestling". I went by the names "Darth Mantis" and "Darth Mortis". It was all back yard wrestling but it was fun as hell.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: What Is The Meaning Of Your Username?   What Is The Meaning Of Your Username? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 11:10 am

akeldama wrote:
Interesting story Dallas but also a little sad. On a brighter note, I too did some "pro wrestling". I went by the names "Darth Mantis" and "Darth Mortis". It was all back yard wrestling but it was fun as hell.

It's all good, if I was meant to be a wrestler it would have happened. Well, I had plans to beef up and shape up when I was in the Navy but I became fat and lazy instead. Looking back on it I'm glad I didn't beause the wrestling business cripples and wears down a body. I'ts a tough life and very few people make a living out of it (most of them end up penniless and broken down). Another thing that put those plans underground was two of my friends parted ways (one of them pretended that he didn't even remember me the last time I saw him). Then my best friend ended up with congestive heart failure and I was the only one who would help him out, well me and my dad anyway (his parents kicked him out of the house and got upset everytime he asked to borrow money).

On a side note, I did created Dallas Black in a create-a-wrestler on N64 game No Mercy and gave him a run on one of the first Smackdown games on Playstation 2 (he got squashed by Mark Henry in his first match-I was never really good at playing the games, I'm more creative than I am skilled).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
MetalFRO
Metal master
Metal master
MetalFRO

Number of posts : 551

PostSubject: Re: What Is The Meaning Of Your Username?   What Is The Meaning Of Your Username? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 10:20 pm

FRO was a nickname that originally came out of a brief falling out that my best friend and I had in junior high. After we made up, he kept calling me FRO, and though I didn't like it at first (he was making fun of my hair, though it wasn't technically a 'fro), the name stuck, and that's how I was known (w/ 4 other guys in my grade named Josh, a nickname was practically required to stand out). Anyway, I was known as FRO online in the halcyon days of the internet, but as time wore on, I found out that other message boards & communities already had a member called "FRO" so I added Metal to the front to denote my music of choice. The rest is history. There's only one community I'm still known as FRO on, and that's because I've been a member since the early time and if I changed my name there, it'd be weird Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/metalfro
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: What Is The Meaning Of Your Username?   What Is The Meaning Of Your Username? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 10:58 pm

TheNazgul wrote:
You sure it's not Sam the stalker?

WHO? ME?!?

lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: What Is The Meaning Of Your Username?   What Is The Meaning Of Your Username? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 11:39 pm

Movie. Killer. Chainsaw.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
SlaytanicPOWER
Metal master
Metal master
SlaytanicPOWER

Number of posts : 679

PostSubject: Re: What Is The Meaning Of Your Username?   What Is The Meaning Of Your Username? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 3:03 pm

It's based off a Slayer cover album "Slatanic Slaughter' which I noticed is sometimes pronounced "Slah" not "Slay"

So i threw in a "Y", I'm a fan of the Slaytanic Slaughter gimmick, plus the only way to write POWER metal is to have it in ALL caps Razz
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: What Is The Meaning Of Your Username?   What Is The Meaning Of Your Username? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 10:13 pm

Been using Joker as a handle for years - someone once said I look like the joker when I smile and do an evil laugh - I use theJOKERiv, because Joker is always taken, so I added "the" before joker and IV because I am Leo J. Faneuf, IV.
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

PostSubject: Re: What Is The Meaning Of Your Username?   What Is The Meaning Of Your Username? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 12:43 am

Leatherface wrote:
Movie. Killer. Chainsaw.

O RLY?
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: What Is The Meaning Of Your Username?   What Is The Meaning Of Your Username? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 2:33 am

Quote :
O RLY?

What does that mean??
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: What Is The Meaning Of Your Username?   What Is The Meaning Of Your Username? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 2:40 am

Troublezone wrote:
Quote :
O RLY?

What does that mean??
oh really?

Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: What Is The Meaning Of Your Username?   What Is The Meaning Of Your Username? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 4:09 am

mc666 wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Quote :
O RLY?

What does that mean??
oh really?

I should have known... Smile
Back to top Go down
SlaytanicPOWER
Metal master
Metal master
SlaytanicPOWER

Number of posts : 679

PostSubject: Re: What Is The Meaning Of Your Username?   What Is The Meaning Of Your Username? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 1:46 pm

Troublezone wrote:
mc666 wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Quote :
O RLY?

What does that mean??
oh really?

I should have known... Smile

YA RLY Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What Is The Meaning Of Your Username?   What Is The Meaning Of Your Username? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 3:11 pm

...and I thought you were talking about Baba O' Riley....
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: What Is The Meaning Of Your Username?   What Is The Meaning Of Your Username? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 4:31 pm

I thought it was about Bill O'Reilly

PostSubject: Re: What Is The Meaning Of Your Username?   What Is The Meaning Of Your Username? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 4:57 pm

I think "Tohoscope" would be even cooler (their widescreen process)
Back to top Go down
QuothTheRaven
Metal master
Metal master
QuothTheRaven

Number of posts : 874

PostSubject: Re: What Is The Meaning Of Your Username?   What Is The Meaning Of Your Username? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 10:07 pm

I'm a big Nevermore fan and wanted a subtle way to pay homage to them. I added the signature as a further hint. I am getting a little tired of it though and will probably change it at some point (the sig, not the name).

I also enjoy horror movies and novels, whose lineage can be traced to Edgar Allan Poe, so the name is a double homage of sorts.
Back to top Go down
juanmiguel
Metal student
Metal student
juanmiguel

Number of posts : 147

PostSubject: Re: What Is The Meaning Of Your Username?   What Is The Meaning Of Your Username? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 10:20 pm

Its my first name. Juan Miguel. Duh!......hehehe
Back to top Go down
Zdan
Metal master
Metal master
Zdan

Number of posts : 752

PostSubject: Re: What Is The Meaning Of Your Username?   What Is The Meaning Of Your Username? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 10:15 am

Easy as hell. It has been my nickname since first grade in school. It is a shortening of my surname - which is Zdancewicz. Shortened = Zdan. As said - easy and not so deep.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: What Is The Meaning Of Your Username?   What Is The Meaning Of Your Username? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 11:11 am

Quote :

What Is The Meaning Of Your Username? - Page 3 Tohostudios

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: What Is The Meaning Of Your Username?   What Is The Meaning Of Your Username? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 1:35 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Quote :

What Is The Meaning Of Your Username? - Page 3 Tohostudios
I'd say that pretty much explains it! Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

PostSubject: Re: What Is The Meaning Of Your Username?   What Is The Meaning Of Your Username? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 3:50 pm

Zdan wrote:
- which is Zdancewicz

Gesundheit!
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: What Is The Meaning Of Your Username?   What Is The Meaning Of Your Username? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 12:48 pm

i knew i kid nicknamed gooch cos he pierced his gooch and when i set this up it was the first thing i thought off
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Is The Meaning Of Your Username?   What Is The Meaning Of Your Username? - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What Is The Meaning Of Your Username?
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next