Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The 'I have nothing to do and I'm bored' thread!

Go down 
+4
DallasBlack
Schbopo
akeldama
holydiver97595
8 posters
AuthorMessage
holydiver97595
The Prophet of Dio
holydiver97595

Number of posts : 1348

The 'I have nothing to do and I'm bored' thread! Empty
PostSubject: The 'I have nothing to do and I'm bored' thread!   The 'I have nothing to do and I'm bored' thread! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 8:49 pm

Tell us (the generally bored public) what you're doing to curb your boredom.
I'm making this topic! Yay for me. Now, it's your turn.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/demonousmetal
holydiver97595
The Prophet of Dio
holydiver97595

Number of posts : 1348

PostSubject: Re: The 'I have nothing to do and I'm bored' thread!   The 'I have nothing to do and I'm bored' thread! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 9:34 pm

Surprisingly, few of you seem truly bored. So, let's make the criteria include funny bored stories too. This way, I won't get tons of replies saying "I looked at this topic because I was bored." No **** Sherlock.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/demonousmetal
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: The 'I have nothing to do and I'm bored' thread!   The 'I have nothing to do and I'm bored' thread! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 9:47 pm

I try to make the most of my time and with my imagination I've never really been all that bored. Having a 7 month old daughter helps out a lot too.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: The 'I have nothing to do and I'm bored' thread!   The 'I have nothing to do and I'm bored' thread! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 10:44 pm

This is about all I care to say:

Thick As A Brick + Oliver and Company = Epic
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: The 'I have nothing to do and I'm bored' thread!   The 'I have nothing to do and I'm bored' thread! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 12:38 pm

To counter boredom I've been collecting drawings and copying some of them and even attemting my own. I've also been trying to teach myself how to draw better but as was the problem I had in my young age, I'd much rather dreaw than learn how to. I drew these from some pictures of pretty women in my picures files:

The 'I have nothing to do and I'm bored' thread! Pretty_Women_Drawings_by_YiffDestroyer

Hair is something I'm having a hard time with.

The stuff i've been copying have been anthro art (animals with human features) I also attempted my own (one a well known character the other one I did on my own):

The 'I have nothing to do and I'm bored' thread! My_First_Attempt_At_Lola_Bunny_by_YiffDestroyerThe 'I have nothing to do and I'm bored' thread! Pretty_Kitty_by_YiffDestroyer

For the record, my copies of other artists work is much better (but I'm not sure if posting them is a violation of copyright or not) . Also, the fact I need a woman is already well established so no need to point that out either Very Happy . Plus I spent most of my drawing years drawing guys and monster ailiens and I got bored with that.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: The 'I have nothing to do and I'm bored' thread!   The 'I have nothing to do and I'm bored' thread! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 11:07 pm

Mike, that's some cool shite!!! Peace.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: The 'I have nothing to do and I'm bored' thread!   The 'I have nothing to do and I'm bored' thread! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 6:13 am

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: The 'I have nothing to do and I'm bored' thread!   The 'I have nothing to do and I'm bored' thread! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 8:22 am

I practice my drums

drawing is really kewl, a nice creative outlet

Mike, try doing some trees. Believe it or not that will help with grasping the concept of hair. Use the contours of the face and head to determine dimension and balance, avoid an outline and try using a refrence point. a part line usually helps out in that department. A good exercise is using hats and pigtails. It makes the concept of head shape click and the always difficult perportion aspect have a contrast.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: The 'I have nothing to do and I'm bored' thread!   The 'I have nothing to do and I'm bored' thread! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 8:51 am

James B. wrote:
I practice my drums

drawing is really kewl, a nice creative outlet

Mike, try doing some trees. Believe it or not that will help with grasping the concept of hair. Use the contours of the face and head to determine dimension and balance, avoid an outline and try using a refrence point. a part line usually helps out in that department. A good exercise is using hats and pigtails. It makes the concept of head shape click and the always difficult perportion aspect have a contrast.

Thanks, I'll try that.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: The 'I have nothing to do and I'm bored' thread!   The 'I have nothing to do and I'm bored' thread! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 8:56 am

I wish I had time to draw nowadays. If I do say so myself, I was a pretty decent amateur cartoonist in my high school/college days. I'm so out of practice now that it ain't even funny.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: The 'I have nothing to do and I'm bored' thread!   The 'I have nothing to do and I'm bored' thread! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 9:05 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
I wish I had time to draw nowadays. If I do say so myself, I was a pretty decent amateur cartoonist in my high school/college days. I'm so out of practice now that it ain't even funny.

I soon won't have enough time to draw when I go to auto mechanics school but maybe when I get done and settled into a new carrer... All I know is that if I don't give up (which might not be likely, us Newcombs tend to be very stubborn) it will be just a hobby.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The 'I have nothing to do and I'm bored' thread!   The 'I have nothing to do and I'm bored' thread! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 9:31 am

When I was in my teens I had half-hearted plans to become a comic book artist, the problem was by the time I graduated from high school my interest in comic books was already waning. After that I drew stuff for my college newspaper and some other odds and ends but I never really thought about doing anything serious with it beyond that.

I still have a box in my attic filled with a bunch of homemade comic books my friend Dave and I drew when we were pre-teens/early teens. We had made up an entire universe of characters (mostly goofy humorous cartoon style stuff, with a few attempts at serious 'graphic' storytelling mixed in) and we thought we were gonna go into the comic publishing business after high school and become the next Marvel or DC. I still pull that stuff out every once in a while and chuckle over them.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: The 'I have nothing to do and I'm bored' thread!   The 'I have nothing to do and I'm bored' thread! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 1:10 pm

me and some friends did a "weekly strip" and passed it around the smoking area at school. It was called "The Stoner Brothers" and was based on two siblings hitch hiking from L.A to Woodstock in 69'. Our story began in the late 70's and they were still not there yet. I think we only had them get a s far as North Dakota. We started another one called "Adventures in Intergalactic Dumpsterdiving" but my frined had to go and do a stretch in the Calif. Youth Authority.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The 'I have nothing to do and I'm bored' thread!   The 'I have nothing to do and I'm bored' thread! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 1:44 pm

James B. wrote:
me and some friends did a "weekly strip" and passed it around the smoking area at school. It was called "The Stoner Brothers" and was based on two siblings hitch hiking from L.A to Woodstock in 69'. Our story began in the late 70's and they were still not there yet. I think we only had them get a s far as North Dakota. We started another one called "Adventures in Intergalactic Dumpsterdiving" but my frined had to go and do a stretch in the Calif. Youth Authority.

Haha, sounds cool. One of the many "characters" I came up with in my youth was a pair of stoners called "Irving and Lester, Narcotic Adventurers," who were a very thinly veiled rip-off of the classic underground comic book "The Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers." They never got anywhere beyond the confines of my sketchbook. Probably a good thing, cuz If I'd ever published those, the "Freak Brothers" creators would've had every right to sue the living crap out of me.

Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: The 'I have nothing to do and I'm bored' thread!   The 'I have nothing to do and I'm bored' thread! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 1:52 pm

Very good artwork Dallas
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: The 'I have nothing to do and I'm bored' thread!   The 'I have nothing to do and I'm bored' thread! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 2:04 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
James B. wrote:

Haha, sounds cool. One of the many "characters" I came up with in my youth was a pair of stoners called "Irving and Lester, Narcotic Adventurers," who were a very thinly veiled rip-off of the classic underground comic book "The Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers." They never got anywhere beyond the confines of my sketchbook. Probably a good thing, cuz If I'd ever published those, the "Freak Brothers" creators would've had every right to sue the living crap out of me.

yeah Zap comics were great...'member Zippy the pinhead ?

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: The 'I have nothing to do and I'm bored' thread!   The 'I have nothing to do and I'm bored' thread! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 2:08 pm

manny wrote:
Very good artwork Dallas

Thanks I appreciate the compliment, of course I'm light years behind most people who draw that stuff (understandable seeing as they've done it all their lives and I'm starting after almost a decade of litle to no drawing-and I never really tried too hard before). I'm much better at hand drawn copies of other people's stuff which always was the case. When I was younger I was able to make good copies of Garfield, TMNT, and Taz. Good thing it's just a hobby otherwise it would be far more frustrating than it already is. It becomes a tad overwhelming when you go from admiring other people's work to trying your hand at your own. However, I guess thats just what happens to anybody starting soemthing new later in life than others (especially when your less than a year away from learning a new trade but I'm trying to take it all as it happens and let the future take care of itself).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The 'I have nothing to do and I'm bored' thread!   The 'I have nothing to do and I'm bored' thread! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The 'I have nothing to do and I'm bored' thread!
Page 1 of 1