Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ever got bored?

Go down 
+22
Stender
Metallic Blaze
Addy
Schbopo
GrandNational
Ford.Prefect
tohostudios
manny
James B.
Eyesore
MetalGuy71
metalinmyveins
kmorg
mc666
Fat Freddy
TheGooch
DallasBlack
XYZ
Lari
Orion Crystal Ice
scottmitchell74
Gilbert
26 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

Ever got bored? Empty
PostSubject: Ever got bored?   Ever got bored? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 7:51 am

Was there a time were you simply got bored of metal and abandoned it for a while?
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

Ever got bored? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ever got bored?   Ever got bored? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 7:58 am

Nope.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

Ever got bored? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ever got bored?   Ever got bored? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 8:28 am

NOS

HEAVY METAL
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

Ever got bored? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ever got bored?   Ever got bored? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 8:33 am

I am known to turn to the stereo off on occasion and enjoy the sound of silence.

But I guess by "abandoning for a while" you mean longer periods than one night. So... no, I guess not.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

Ever got bored? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ever got bored?   Ever got bored? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 8:45 am

I hate silence. Must have a fan or some sort of "white noise" even at night. Even if I'm not directly listening to music, I like it in the background.
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

Ever got bored? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ever got bored?   Ever got bored? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 8:57 am

Yes.

For about six months last year, all I listened to was alternative, jazz, blues, and classical.

Now, the only thing I seem to listen to is metal.

For me, it all goes in cycles.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Ever got bored? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ever got bored?   Ever got bored? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 9:29 am

Not for any extended period of time, no.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

Ever got bored? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ever got bored?   Ever got bored? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 9:30 am

i dont listen to metal as much as i used to. i still love it but i was limiting myself when there is great stuff out there. still dont like chart smurf poo though
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

Ever got bored? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ever got bored?   Ever got bored? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 10:36 am

I've never been "bored" enough to explore other genres, but in the early/mid 90s when Seattle was all the rage here in the U.S. and "metal" was a dirty word, I spent quite a few years where I didn't buy anything "new." Instead I spent my time digging deeper into the back catalogs of some of my favorite bands, and checking out other more obscure acts that I'd missed on their first go-rounds.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Ever got bored? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ever got bored?   Ever got bored? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 1:33 pm

i've been very bored with metal, i'm just too lazy to try anything else. that's also why i stay faithful to my wife.

kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Ever got bored? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ever got bored?   Ever got bored? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 1:38 pm

I am pretty bored with it nowadays. I'll never abandon it though.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

Ever got bored? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ever got bored?   Ever got bored? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 2:44 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I've never been "bored" enough to explore other genres, but in the early/mid 90s when Seattle was all the rage here in the U.S. and "metal" was a dirty word, I spent quite a few years where I didn't buy anything "new." Instead I spent my time digging deeper into the back catalogs of some of my favorite bands, and checking out other more obscure acts that I'd missed on their first go-rounds.

This was exactly me in the mid 90's. I was under the assumption that metal was producing nothing, but then again, I just wasn't looking hard enough. Granted the mid 90's wasn't the 80's at any period, but there was some good stuff coming out. I suppose my musical taste kept on expanding through this period of my life as well.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

Ever got bored? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ever got bored?   Ever got bored? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 2:49 pm

metalinmyveins wrote:

This was exactly me in the mid 90's. I was under the assumption that metal was producing nothing, but then again, I just wasn't looking hard enough. Granted the mid 90's wasn't the 80's at any period, but there was some good stuff coming out. I suppose my musical taste kept on expanding through this period of my life as well.

Oh yea, there were still a few odd-and-end bands that were coming out with good stuff in the 90s but for the most part I spent more time digging in used CD bins than looking at the new release rack.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Ever got bored? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ever got bored?   Ever got bored? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 3:15 pm

Not yet. I'm gonna keep playing it until I am though. Might be awhile.

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

Ever got bored? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ever got bored?   Ever got bored? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 3:43 pm

I get bored with the new stuff quite easily. I'd rather dig in old releases to complete my collection.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Ever got bored? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ever got bored?   Ever got bored? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 3:55 pm

I get bored with metal all the time. I've always been that way. Well, ever since I started branching out. As a young teen, I could obsess over one cassette tape and be content, but as I got older I started getting sick of things. I guess most people are like that.

So for a week or month, I may be on a death metal kick. Then maybe I'll shift to stuff like Sarah McLachlan and Tara Maclean for a bit. Who knows. But always get bored eventually.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

Ever got bored? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ever got bored?   Ever got bored? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 4:08 pm

When I get on a blues or hippie music listening trip, I always wanna go jam with other musicains on some metal. I usually listen to something with crunch every day though. Be it thrash or some melodic hard rock. The other day, I went to try out the new Trick bass pedals at Guitar Center. This one guy was really surprised cause we had met at an open blues night where I jammed with some old friends and I was goofing off with "Master Of Disguiuse" by Savage Grace on one of the kits in the store.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Ever got bored? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ever got bored?   Ever got bored? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 4:24 pm

I have never gotten bored with the genre because I listen to lots of music outside of the genre, also the genre is very varied anyhow.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Ever got bored? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ever got bored?   Ever got bored? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 5:04 pm

Since I'm not a true metalhead, I guess you can say I've always been bored with metal. I'm talking straightforward, "classic", traditional metal. I can listen to some bands for awhile but I find it gets boring very quickly.

That's why usually am listening to some subgenre of metal like gothmetal, industrial metal, glam/sleaze metal, etc. Even then, after a while I need to switch up to something like punk or jazz for example. About the only style I seem to be able to listen to for days on end is glam/sleaze (metal or rock).

Metal novice
Metal novice
Ford.Prefect

Number of posts : 51

Ever got bored? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ever got bored?   Ever got bored? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 6:12 pm

No but from time to time I will grow tired of certain bands or cd's and avoid listening to them for awhile, or from time to time I'll get sidetracked on a handfull of band i'll listen to alot.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

Ever got bored? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ever got bored?   Ever got bored? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 7:53 pm

I get bored from time to time. I'll go on a Blues kick for a while, and then maybe reggae, or some ethnic music, but then come around again, usually after putting on early Priest or Maiden albums to get the juices flowing. There is no way I could ever listen to metal all the time exclusively.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

Ever got bored? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ever got bored?   Ever got bored? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 8:05 pm

Metal sucks! It's nothing but loud guitars and screaming! The only good metal band is Iron Maiden because Miley Cyrus likes them!
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

Ever got bored? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ever got bored?   Ever got bored? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 8:09 pm

Gilbert wrote:
Was there a time were you simply got bored of metal and abandoned it for a while?

Late teens early 20s I stopped the all metal all the time mentality, and i gotta say it was the best decision that i personally could have made. I opened myself to all kinds of music

Ive even gotten to the point of getting tired and burned out on music in general. In fact most of 2009 would best describe it
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

Ever got bored? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ever got bored?   Ever got bored? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 10:02 pm

I am a person of variety - so I have a lot to keep me occupied. Therefore, I don't get bored of metal - because I mix things up.

Kinda like manny said.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Ever got bored? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ever got bored?   Ever got bored? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 10:12 pm

manny wrote:
I have never gotten bored with the genre because I listen to lots of music outside of the genre, also the genre is very varied anyhow.

Thats, also my case. I listen to alternative, classic rock, light rock, AOR, 80s pop, old country, oldies, & others. I have gotten bored with certain genres in the past such as death metal (though I'm comming back to it little by little) and thrash (which I've come back to with a vengance in recent years). I've even gotten bored with my faovrite genres prog, power (all the bands called power metal anyways), and symphonic which is why I've started to delve into more classic metal such as Deep Purple, Aerosmith, Thin Lizzy, AC/DC, Van Halen, & others (bands who in the past I was content with having best ofs and greatest hits).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Sponsored content

Ever got bored? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ever got bored?   Ever got bored? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ever got bored?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next