Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fastway-Bad Bad Girls

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

Fastway-Bad Bad Girls Empty
PostSubject: Fastway-Bad Bad Girls   Fastway-Bad Bad Girls Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 8:34 am

So I just picked this one up a few days ago and am now just giving it a spin. I must admit that I hesitated getting this one because I heard it sucked and was way too poppy. Although it is poppy it far from sucks, it'sone of the few poppy discs from an otherwise heavy band that I can listen to. Standout tracks include, "Miles Away" & "She Won't Rock". The track "Cutloose" reminds me of Thin Lizzy's "Heart Attack", especially the intro.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Fastway-Bad Bad Girls   Fastway-Bad Bad Girls Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 8:37 am

akeldama wrote:
So I just picked this one up a few days ago and am now just giving it a spin. I must admit that I hesitated getting this one because I heard it sucked and was way too poppy. Although it is poppy it far from sucks, it'sone of the few poppy discs from an otherwise heavy band that I can listen to. Standout tracks include, "Miles Away" & "She Won't Rock". The track "Cutloose" reminds me of Thin Lizzy's "Heart Attack", especially the intro.

I avoided the CD because of the cheese ball album cover, who is in the line up besides Fast Eddie Clarke?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fastway-Bad Bad Girls   Fastway-Bad Bad Girls Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 8:44 am

manny, it's Fast Eddie and Lea Hart. I think they used session guys for the other parts.

I think it's an average album, nothing to write home about.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Fastway-Bad Bad Girls   Fastway-Bad Bad Girls Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 8:46 am

manny wrote:
akeldama wrote:

I avoided the CD because of the cheese ball album cover, who is in the line up besides Fast Eddie Clarke?
\

Now that's an interesting story, there's at least ten special guests but the alleged main line-up is Clarke, Lea Hart-Vox & Kim McAuliffe & Chris Bonacci of Girlschool.
Back to top Go down
skullsmasher
Metal master
Metal master
skullsmasher

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: Fastway-Bad Bad Girls   Fastway-Bad Bad Girls Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 3:49 pm

This is the only Fastway album I didn't like, it was way too "poppy" for me.

I really like the Self Titled one and the Trick Or Treat soundtrack.

Cool stuff, I got to see them on their tour for the Self Titled album back in the day, great show.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12630

PostSubject: Re: Fastway-Bad Bad Girls   Fastway-Bad Bad Girls Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 6:11 pm

All Fired Up......................
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Fastway-Bad Bad Girls   Fastway-Bad Bad Girls Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 8:27 am

Its an ok album, considering it followed "On Target", which I happen to think is their worst, but even with being a slight improvement over the last album its still pretty mediocre and poppy, though it is nice to finally hear some guitar again. I think the problem with both this and "On Target" is the label wanted a pop sound from them, and Lea Hart (and Chris O'Shaughnessy) seem to have taken creative control, songwriting wise here. Personally, I think Eddie mightve just done this to end his contract and then split because he was frustrated.

As for musicians, Spec's right, Lea Hart and Fast Eddie are the only two offical members on this, with about 10 session musicians being used along with Kim McAuliffe and Chris Bonacci of Girlschool, but its rumoured they played a bigger part in it than just session players, which, to me makes it even MORE disappointing, because something done with Fast Eddie AND Girlschool should've kicked some serious ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
skullsmasher
Metal master
Metal master
skullsmasher

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: Fastway-Bad Bad Girls   Fastway-Bad Bad Girls Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 9:52 am

DeathCult wrote:
Its an ok album, considering it followed "On Target", which I happen to think is their worst, but even with being a slight improvement over the last album its still pretty mediocre and poppy, though it is nice to finally hear some guitar again. I think the problem with both this and "On Target" is the label wanted a pop sound from them, and Lea Hart (and Chris O'Shaughnessy) seem to have taken creative control, songwriting wise here. Personally, I think Eddie mightve just done this to end his contract and then split because he was frustrated.

As for musicians, Spec's right, Lea Hart and Fast Eddie are the only two offical members on this, with about 10 session musicians being used along with Kim McAuliffe and Chris Bonacci of Girlschool, but its rumoured they played a bigger part in it than just session players, which, to me makes it even MORE disappointing, because something done with Fast Eddie AND Girlschool should've kicked some serious ass.

I'll bet your right about this being a contract fulfillment album. I also agree that it should have kicked some serious ass, it had the potential. But at the time this came out so many bands were being driven by the corporations rather than the band's members and they were all catering to the TV/radio friendly MTV crowd and so many once heavy bands lightened up and totally wussed out for the cash.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fastway-Bad Bad Girls   Fastway-Bad Bad Girls Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fastway-Bad Bad Girls
Page 1 of 1