Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Remember Tad "I want a WalMat Girl" Warrior? - He's at it again!

Go down 
+11
nevermore
manny
sam
kmorg
TrogDawn
A Handful of Wayne
Temple of Blood
MetalGuy71
ultmetal
Fat Freddy
Rex
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

Remember Tad "I want a WalMat Girl" Warrior? - He's at it again! Empty
PostSubject: Remember Tad "I want a WalMat Girl" Warrior? - He's at it again!   Remember Tad "I want a WalMat Girl" Warrior? - He's at it again! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 11:33 am

I took this from the BWBK forum, but I knew some folks over here would find this interesting as all get out too.

Quote :
Posted on Thursday, March 19, 2009 at 09:57:05 EST

Former CELTIC FROST frontman Tom Gabriel Fischer, now working under the new banner TRIPTYKON, has issued the following update:

"Late one night in May of 1982, bassist/singer Urs Sprenger and I founded HELLHAMMER and adopted the stage names Steve Warrior and Tom Gabriel Warrior. I still use that name - in parallel with my actual surname - as I have done on and off for 27 years. In many ways, it has become synonymous with significant parts of my life and work, and it is the name our audiences invariably call me.

This week, I received the following e-mail to my personal MySpace account:

"From: WARRIOR, America’s Rock Band

Date: March 17, 2009, 3:07 AM

Subject: Hi, I'm Tad donley

We own the international trademark for the word Warrior for selling of recordings and public performances. I suggest you pick another name for your band or their could be some litigation soon which includes payment. It's strictly business, not trying to be harsh. I'm the owner of the trademark. Another band changed their name to warryor. You can check us out at http://www.myspace.com/warriorrocks. Been together since 1985.

Wish you the best.

Tad Donley"

Besides trying to block my use of the name Warrior, Mr Donley apparently has also found God, as detailed in the article Tad's Journey Back From Hell in the Testimonials section of his group's state-of-the-art website."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Remember Tad "I want a WalMat Girl" Warrior? - He's at it again!   Remember Tad "I want a WalMat Girl" Warrior? - He's at it again! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 11:38 am

That guy acts like such a tool.

Tom G. isn't calling his band Warrior...it's just been in print on Metal albums/magazines for decades as his stage name...

Last edited by Shawn Of Fire on Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Remember Tad "I want a WalMat Girl" Warrior? - He's at it again!   Remember Tad "I want a WalMat Girl" Warrior? - He's at it again! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 11:39 am

Quote :
I suggest you pick another name for your band or their could be some litigation soon which includes payment.

Laughing very hard Good luck with that, Tad.

Wonder how he feels about the "Fighting For The Earth" Warrior using the band name?

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Remember Tad "I want a WalMat Girl" Warrior? - He's at it again!   Remember Tad "I want a WalMat Girl" Warrior? - He's at it again! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 11:53 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :
I suggest you pick another name for your band or their could be some litigation soon which includes payment.

Laughing very hard Good luck with that, Tad.

Wonder how he feels about the "Fighting For The Earth" Warrior using the band name?

Trust me. We've had that argument with him 100x over.

Tad's Warrior has released one CD in 2004, even though he claims to have been around since 1985. He can claim the rights to the name all he wants, but Warrior has been around and recording long ago.

Last edited by ultmetal on Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Remember Tad "I want a WalMat Girl" Warrior? - He's at it again!   Remember Tad "I want a WalMat Girl" Warrior? - He's at it again! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 11:54 am

Tad will love this:

WARRIOR ON YOUTUBE:
Fan-filmed video footage of SoCal metal legends Warrior performing the song 'Ruler' off their classic 1985 debut album 'Fighting For The Earth' at the Key Club in West Hollywood, CA has been posted at this location:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=764sLPuP5s0.

Warrior have been confirmed for the the third annual Rocklahoma festival, set to take place July 9-12, on the Catch The Fever Festival Grounds in Pryor, Oklahoma, and will make an exclusive European appearance at Germany's prestigious Bang Your Head!!! festival on June 26.
The group's current line-up features original members, Parramore McCarty and mastermind/guitarist Joe Floyd, along with new lead guitarist AC Alexander, bassist Rob Farr, and long-time drummer Dave DuCey. A new Warrior album, the band's first with McCarty since 1998's 'Ancient Future', is in the works and being helmed by Floyd at his L.A. South Bay studio facility.

Warrior online:
www.myspace.com/warriorusa
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Remember Tad "I want a WalMat Girl" Warrior? - He's at it again!   Remember Tad "I want a WalMat Girl" Warrior? - He's at it again! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 11:55 am

You should pass that information on to him. Perhaps his lawyers can start some litigation.

PostSubject: Re: Remember Tad "I want a WalMat Girl" Warrior? - He's at it again!   Remember Tad "I want a WalMat Girl" Warrior? - He's at it again! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 11:56 am

ultmetal wrote:
You should pass that information on to him. Perhaps his lawyers can start some litigation.

...that includes payment.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Remember Tad "I want a WalMat Girl" Warrior? - He's at it again!   Remember Tad "I want a WalMat Girl" Warrior? - He's at it again! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 11:57 am

BTW, if anyone cares, here's my review:
http://www.nolifetilmetal.com/warrior2.htm

PostSubject: Re: Remember Tad "I want a WalMat Girl" Warrior? - He's at it again!   Remember Tad "I want a WalMat Girl" Warrior? - He's at it again! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 11:58 am

Besides, what has Tad ever done FOR Metal?

Now, ask yourself what Tom G. Warrior has done for Metal?...what has Joe Floyd done for Metal?

All Tad has ever done was dress like a WWE reject & write a stupid song about a girl in Wal-Mart...
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Remember Tad "I want a WalMat Girl" Warrior? - He's at it again!   Remember Tad "I want a WalMat Girl" Warrior? - He's at it again! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 12:01 pm

In other news, Tom Jones, Tom Green, Tom Thumb, the estate of Tom Landry and Tom Cat (of Tom & Jerry fame) have also contacted Mr. Fischer about possible litigation. The terms of this class action lawsuit have not been disclosed.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Remember Tad "I want a WalMat Girl" Warrior? - He's at it again!   Remember Tad "I want a WalMat Girl" Warrior? - He's at it again! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 12:14 pm

I've checked out this guy Tad's "Warrior" in the past (via the samples on CDBaby)... gimme the Joe Floyd version any day...

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Remember Tad "I want a WalMat Girl" Warrior? - He's at it again!   Remember Tad "I want a WalMat Girl" Warrior? - He's at it again! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 12:50 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
That guy acts like such a tool.

Both of them.

"He found God ... LOL!!!!111111"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Remember Tad "I want a WalMat Girl" Warrior? - He's at it again!   Remember Tad "I want a WalMat Girl" Warrior? - He's at it again! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 12:58 pm

Tad doesn't just give a bad name to metal, he spreads it much farther.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Remember Tad "I want a WalMat Girl" Warrior? - He's at it again!   Remember Tad "I want a WalMat Girl" Warrior? - He's at it again! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 1:37 pm

lol these videos arent made to be funny but hes a bumbling fool...
http://www.expertvillage.com/video-series/344_recording-studio.htm

Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Remember Tad "I want a WalMat Girl" Warrior? - He's at it again!   Remember Tad "I want a WalMat Girl" Warrior? - He's at it again! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 1:47 pm

Tad should consider changing his name to "Twat Donley" as it's much more fitting and describes his methods more accurately.

I defended this tool once, way back when he first started his nonsense because, you know, I have a soft spot for the mentally ill, but this guy is nothing more than an attention smurf-for-hire who uses established bands for his own selfish purposes and uses the excuse of "ministry" to justify his ridiculous behavior.

Last edited by TrogDawn on Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Remember Tad "I want a WalMat Girl" Warrior? - He's at it again!   Remember Tad "I want a WalMat Girl" Warrior? - He's at it again! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 1:49 pm

If we keep this up, he'll come here to set us all straight! Shocked

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Remember Tad "I want a WalMat Girl" Warrior? - He's at it again!   Remember Tad "I want a WalMat Girl" Warrior? - He's at it again! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 1:54 pm

kmorg wrote:

COOL! Bring it on!!

Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: Remember Tad "I want a WalMat Girl" Warrior? - He's at it again!   Remember Tad "I want a WalMat Girl" Warrior? - He's at it again! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 1:57 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
lol these videos arent made to be funny but hes a bumbling fool...
http://www.expertvillage.com/video-series/344_recording-studio.htm

Man....have you read any of the comments on the site you linked to where he talks about his recording set up? Ouch!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Remember Tad "I want a WalMat Girl" Warrior? - He's at it again!   Remember Tad "I want a WalMat Girl" Warrior? - He's at it again! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 2:10 pm

Rex wrote:

Man....have you read any of the comments on the site you linked to where he talks about his recording set up? Ouch!

I just took a quick look thru some of'em... ouch indeed!

Quote :
There should be a way to mark this series of videos as spam. If this guy is representative of the "knowledge" on this site, then I'll never come back here. His mastery of music and studio engineering is worse than his mastery of the English language.

Quote :
HAHAHAHAHAHA! This guy is an idiot. I have watched every one of his videos and he is so full of misinformation and just plain bullsh#t that its no wonder he can barely for a coherent sentence. WATCH THESE VIDEOS FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY! DO NOT TAKE HIS ADVICE ON ANYTHING!!!

Quote :
Brilliant Parody!! This is the home recording version of Spinal Tap! A must see for any comedy an. His uncanny ability to play a lonely drunk hack is riveting. His misuse of words is so convincing I actually thought he was a moron for a second, then when the "boom" part came in, I knew it was all a joke. A sad joke. I love dark humor

Quote :
I don't know how to put this, umm maybe you should smoke something to settle you down.

Quote :
please, for your own benefit, don't listen to this man, he hasn't got a clue what is going on, and apparently, his computer is less powerful than my phone- 2.8Mhz processor. To be honest I don't believe he has even heard a song before.

Laughing very hard Wow, this guy just makes friends everywhere he goes eh?

Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

PostSubject: Re: Remember Tad "I want a WalMat Girl" Warrior? - He's at it again!   Remember Tad "I want a WalMat Girl" Warrior? - He's at it again! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 2:13 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
kmorg wrote:

COOL! Bring it on!!
"I'm your huckleberry..."

Remember Tad "I want a WalMat Girl" Warrior? - He's at it again! Doc1_sm
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Remember Tad "I want a WalMat Girl" Warrior? - He's at it again!   Remember Tad "I want a WalMat Girl" Warrior? - He's at it again! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 2:16 pm

TrogDawn wrote:

Remember Tad "I want a WalMat Girl" Warrior? - He's at it again! Doc1_sm

That was an awesome movie.

Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Remember Tad "I want a WalMat Girl" Warrior? - He's at it again!   Remember Tad "I want a WalMat Girl" Warrior? - He's at it again! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 2:22 pm

what an asswipe.

Remember Tad "I want a WalMat Girl" Warrior? - He's at it again! 37951:
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Remember Tad "I want a WalMat Girl" Warrior? - He's at it again!   Remember Tad "I want a WalMat Girl" Warrior? - He's at it again! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 2:23 pm

I should sue both of them, my great great granddad formed a kazoo band back in 1865 called 'Warrior'
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

PostSubject: Re: Remember Tad "I want a WalMat Girl" Warrior? - He's at it again!   Remember Tad "I want a WalMat Girl" Warrior? - He's at it again! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 2:32 pm

I think we should notify the grunge band TAD from Seattle and let them know this yahooie is using their band name to identify his carcass!
:eyesore:
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Remember Tad "I want a WalMat Girl" Warrior? - He's at it again!   Remember Tad "I want a WalMat Girl" Warrior? - He's at it again! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 2:34 pm

This guys also have an issue with anyone using the Warrior name:

Remember Tad "I want a WalMat Girl" Warrior? - He's at it again! Soundtrack_-_The_Warriors-front
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Remember Tad "I want a WalMat Girl" Warrior? - He's at it again!   Remember Tad "I want a WalMat Girl" Warrior? - He's at it again! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Remember Tad "I want a WalMat Girl" Warrior? - He's at it again!
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next