Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

the cheesiest power metal youl ever hear

Go down 
+12
powermacho
QuothTheRaven
DallasBlack
Lari
nevermore
Addy
sam
kmorg
A Handful of Wayne
ultmetal
MetalFRO
metalhead777
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

the cheesiest power metal youl ever hear - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: the cheesiest power metal youl ever hear   the cheesiest power metal youl ever hear - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 5:14 pm

Marc Mason wrote:
I was gunna ask who here likes bands like Kamelot and Epica, so I could laugh at them....But, I myself happen to have a real soft spot for Arjen Lucassen's outfit, AYREON, which is most definitely a Power-Prog mix. Really goofy at times, but also really beautiful too. I also have much admiration for this guy because of the grand compositional skillz the boy has. One single cat puts together insanely elaborate Rock Operas which takes a whole cast of musicians to pull off. And, each sub-composition within that grand, elaborate scheme of the 'whole' is full of a bunch of intricate and subtle nuances.

The guy is really brilliant. My favourite recording so far is 1998's Into The Electric Castle, but they're all hot. You sure need a nice block of time on your hands to get through one of these epics, because they're all very long double albums, but, so far, each one has been worth it. AYREON'S albums are best suited for epic, all-encompasing video games, where ya just plug into the recording, pull down the volume on the game itself, and drift away into the mind of Arjen Lucassen. Any other fans?

I'm not too much into overblown GRAND EPIC progressive music, I usually prefer a more straight forward approach. But I like Lucassen's Star One. That was just a good heavy metal album.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: the cheesiest power metal youl ever hear   the cheesiest power metal youl ever hear - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 11:55 pm

Marc Mason wrote:
I was gunna ask who here likes bands like Kamelot and Epica, so I could laugh at them....

Ever been b**ch slapped? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: the cheesiest power metal youl ever hear   the cheesiest power metal youl ever hear - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2009 6:34 am

DallasBlack wrote:
Marc Mason wrote:
I was gunna ask who here likes bands like Kamelot and Epica, so I could laugh at them....

Ever been b**ch slapped? Very Happy

lol!

Metal master
Metal master
QuothTheRaven

Number of posts : 874

PostSubject: Re: the cheesiest power metal youl ever hear   the cheesiest power metal youl ever hear - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2009 9:20 am

Marc Mason wrote:
I was gunna ask who here likes bands like Kamelot and Epica, so I could laugh at them....But, I myself happen to have a real soft spot for Arjen Lucassen's outfit, AYREON, which is most definitely a Power-Prog mix. Really goofy at times, but also really beautiful too. I also have much admiration for this guy because of the grand compositional skillz the boy has. One single cat puts together insanely elaborate Rock Operas which takes a whole cast of musicians to pull off. And, each sub-composition within that grand, elaborate scheme of the 'whole' is full of a bunch of intricate and subtle nuances.

The guy is really brilliant. My favourite recording so far is 1998's Into The Electric Castle, but they're all hot. You sure need a nice block of time on your hands to get through one of these epics, because they're all very long double albums, but, so far, each one has been worth it. AYREON'S albums are best suited for epic, all-encompasing video games, where ya just plug into the recording, pull down the volume on the game itself, and drift away into the mind of Arjen Lucassen. Any other fans?

I just recently discovered this guy and since I like overblown prog, I greatly enjoyed Ayreon. I have "Electric Castle" and the newest one titled with some binary code that I don't remember! It's good stuff and Lucassen is a brilliant composer. That's the key; he doesn't write songs, he composes full blown rock operas. Not everyone's cup of tea, to be sure, but if you enjoy epic prog give them a spin.

BTW, I am a huge Kamelot fan, so go ahead, point and laugh! the cheesiest power metal youl ever hear - Page 2 19976
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: the cheesiest power metal youl ever hear   the cheesiest power metal youl ever hear - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2009 10:15 am

QuothTheRaven wrote:
Marc Mason wrote:

I just recently discovered this guy and since I like overblown prog, I greatly enjoyed Ayreon. I have "Electric Castle" and the newest one titled with some binary code that I don't remember! It's good stuff and Lucassen is a brilliant composer. That's the key; he doesn't write songs, he composes full blown rock operas. Not everyone's cup of tea, to be sure, but if you enjoy epic prog give them a spin.

BTW, I am a huge Kamelot fan, so go ahead, point and laugh! the cheesiest power metal youl ever hear - Page 2 19976

Get The Human Equation next. That and Electric Castle are the best Ayeron albums IMO.
Back to top Go down
QuothTheRaven
Metal master
Metal master
QuothTheRaven

Number of posts : 874

PostSubject: Re: the cheesiest power metal youl ever hear   the cheesiest power metal youl ever hear - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 10:47 am

Thanks for the tip, Dallas! Bruce Dickinson is one of the characters on that one, right? That's actually the next one I am planning to purchase. My want list is too long... don\'t know
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: the cheesiest power metal youl ever hear   the cheesiest power metal youl ever hear - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 11:26 am

Marc Mason wrote:

I hope we never meet in reality...cause if so.... :kickbutt:
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal

PostSubject: Re: the cheesiest power metal youl ever hear   the cheesiest power metal youl ever hear - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 11:53 am

Oh, snap, son. I stirred up some shiz-nat over here. Some guy who doesn't know how to make a fist wants to slap me, and this above here person wants to take out me knees with a club. Ouchers! I'm sorry, folks. I just don't have much love for much of what goes under the banner of Power Metal. I tried out stuff like Kamelot and Hammerfall and almost farted with enthusiasm. But, I really do dig groups like Blind Guardian and Iced Earth...But, those two are a Thrash/Power hybrid. No?
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: the cheesiest power metal youl ever hear   the cheesiest power metal youl ever hear - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 12:24 pm

No, they are just good power metal.

And I'm sure every genre has its stinkers, right?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: the cheesiest power metal youl ever hear   the cheesiest power metal youl ever hear - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 12:46 pm

No, I'm pretty sure that both Blind Guardian and Iced Earth have Thrash elements. Especially the latter.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: the cheesiest power metal youl ever hear   the cheesiest power metal youl ever hear - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 1:32 pm

Marc Mason wrote:
No, I'm pretty sure that both Blind Guardian and Iced Earth have Thrash elements. Especially the latter.

Power metal IS a blend of heavy metal and thrash metal. Blind Guardian doesn't apply to this. They have speed metal elements, but no thrash.

Epica and Kamelot are as different as apples and oranges, so I really don't see your point.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: the cheesiest power metal youl ever hear   the cheesiest power metal youl ever hear - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 1:51 pm

Marc Mason wrote:
Oh, snap, son. I stirred up some shiz-nat over here. Some guy who doesn't know how to make a fist wants to slap me, and this above here person wants to take out me knees with a club. Ouchers! I'm sorry, folks. I just don't have much love for much of what goes under the banner of Power Metal. I tried out stuff like Kamelot and Hammerfall and almost farted with enthusiasm. But, I really do dig groups like Blind Guardian and Iced Earth...But, those two are a Thrash/Power hybrid. No?

I know I was joking and I'm sure the other guys were too. You like what you like and don't what you don't and I can't blame you for that. I really could care less if you don't like the stuff I do and I'm sure you can respect that (at least I hope you can).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: the cheesiest power metal youl ever hear   the cheesiest power metal youl ever hear - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 2:25 pm

Nah, it's all good, friend. You like what you like and those are the choices you have made and now havta live with. You obviously love the pro wrestling bit, and the only wrastlin' I care about is with them fee-rocious gators, or the late-night kind of wrastlin' which happens between the sheets. But, as of late, the latter seems to occur just about as frequent as the former, which is nil, son. Nil. lol.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: the cheesiest power metal youl ever hear   the cheesiest power metal youl ever hear - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 8:41 pm

[quote="QuothTheRaven"

[/quote]

If you dig Electric Castle, then you must get yours dirty mitts on Universal Migrator. These two, I think, are his most accomplished works.
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1778

PostSubject: Re: the cheesiest power metal youl ever hear   the cheesiest power metal youl ever hear - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 9:14 pm

EDGUY are very cheesy
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: the cheesiest power metal youl ever hear   the cheesiest power metal youl ever hear - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 11:26 pm

Marc Mason wrote:
Nah, it's all good, friend. You like what you like and those are the choices you have made and now havta live with.

Oh, believe me I can live with it. Now if I liked dance music and modern pop, then I don't think I could live wiith it. If that happens, every HoM member has my permission to hunt me down and put me out of my misery.

the cheesiest power metal youl ever hear - Page 2 47715
Back to top Go down
SlaytanicPOWER
Metal master
Metal master
SlaytanicPOWER

Number of posts : 679

PostSubject: Re: the cheesiest power metal youl ever hear   the cheesiest power metal youl ever hear - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 2:41 pm

the cheesiest power metal youl ever hear - Page 2 505193 the cheesiest power metal youl ever hear - Page 2 505193 the cheesiest power metal youl ever hear - Page 2 505193 the cheesiest power metal youl ever hear - Page 2 505193 the cheesiest power metal youl ever hear - Page 2 505193
TEH CHEEZE OF POWER METAL WILL SAVE YOU!
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: the cheesiest power metal youl ever hear   the cheesiest power metal youl ever hear - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 2:53 pm

I'll have to say Hammerfall and Rhapsody ov Fire as well!
Back to top Go down
Glenn Rogers
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Glenn Rogers

Number of posts : 1069

PostSubject: Re: the cheesiest power metal youl ever hear   the cheesiest power metal youl ever hear - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 3:55 pm

Hammerfall, I'm sorry I gave them a try and bought a cd,and the CHEESE runnith over.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/finaldecreeofficial/
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: the cheesiest power metal youl ever hear   the cheesiest power metal youl ever hear - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 8:13 pm

As far as what everybody considers cheesy I would say Rhapsody. But it's sure some tasty cheese IMO.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: the cheesiest power metal youl ever hear   the cheesiest power metal youl ever hear - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 11:34 pm

Tons of the european power metal bands are full of cheese but I like cheese so it's ok.
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: the cheesiest power metal youl ever hear   the cheesiest power metal youl ever hear - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 12:38 am

SlaytanicPOWER wrote:
the cheesiest power metal youl ever hear - Page 2 505193 the cheesiest power metal youl ever hear - Page 2 505193 the cheesiest power metal youl ever hear - Page 2 505193 the cheesiest power metal youl ever hear - Page 2 505193 the cheesiest power metal youl ever hear - Page 2 505193
TEH CHEEZE OF POWER METAL WILL SAVE YOU!

This guy's whole set-up seems pretty cheezy. The username, the avatar, his reply. CHEEEEEZE.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: the cheesiest power metal youl ever hear   the cheesiest power metal youl ever hear - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

the cheesiest power metal youl ever hear
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2