Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

We're All Gonna Die -Wreck of the Minot

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

We're All Gonna Die -Wreck of the Minot Empty
PostSubject: We're All Gonna Die -Wreck of the Minot   We're All Gonna Die -Wreck of the Minot Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2007 2:43 am

I've decided that this is the best CD I've picked up in the last year or so; and that includes The Sword and two Fireball Ministries. Hard to describe them; they incorporate a very broad range of influences; but do so pretty seamlessly. They have a slight retro feel, a dash of modern influence, but also an extreme intensity at times. And it seems to come naturally to them, it's not as if they sound like they are conciously writing any songs in one particular vein or the other. I hesitate to say this, as it might be a potential turn off; but the singer does have an Ian Astbury timbre to his vocals, when he's not screaming. I realize that verbal description might send up some red flags, but don't worry; it works for the guy. It's just his natural voice, not a tribute to The Cult or anything.
If I had to sum them up, I'd say they are in the direction of Fireball Ministry; but more intense. Not heavier, but harder. They are on the same label as "Ironboss" (Underdogma); anybody heard of them?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We're All Gonna Die -Wreck of the Minot   We're All Gonna Die -Wreck of the Minot Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2007 4:46 am

Shiney is a big Ironboss fan. And he is turning me into one too!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: We're All Gonna Die -Wreck of the Minot   We're All Gonna Die -Wreck of the Minot Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2007 9:48 am

Pardon my ignorance, but is the band's name We're All Gonna Die with a release called "Wreck of the Minot" or is the band Wreck of the Minot with a release called "We're All Gonna Die"?
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

PostSubject: Re: We're All Gonna Die -Wreck of the Minot   We're All Gonna Die -Wreck of the Minot Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2007 6:59 pm

I had that one backwards when I first heard of them too. The band's name is "We're All Gonna Die". They have another album out called "Go to Hell" which is decent. I ran across them as a cross reference when reading about one of my other fave bands "Only Living Witness". The reviewer saw a resemblence, but I see only a vague one. The main thing the two bands have in common is being underrated and good.
Back to top Go down
Todd Jaymz
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Todd Jaymz

Number of posts : 324

PostSubject: Re: We're All Gonna Die -Wreck of the Minot   We're All Gonna Die -Wreck of the Minot Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2007 7:21 pm

We're All Gonna Die, interesting band. Only Living Witness a very over looked band, Shadows Fall rocked December! Maybe ahead of there time-who knows, glad I was able to give both albums air time-TJ
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

PostSubject: Re: We're All Gonna Die -Wreck of the Minot   We're All Gonna Die -Wreck of the Minot Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2007 9:42 pm

I didn't know Shadows Fall covered "December" by OLW. That song has got me safely home through 20 miles of late night snow a hundred times (alone, and safe inside). That or "Ninevah" is about my fave OWL.
Oddly I'd say that Only Living Witness has a more "modern" style than We're All Gonna Die, even though it's ten years older.
Back to top Go down
Todd Jaymz
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Todd Jaymz

Number of posts : 324

PostSubject: Re: We're All Gonna Die -Wreck of the Minot   We're All Gonna Die -Wreck of the Minot Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2007 11:25 pm

Only Living Witness brought a heavy edge in a way that no other bands were doing at the time. Wish I could have seen them back in the day-TJ
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: We're All Gonna Die -Wreck of the Minot   We're All Gonna Die -Wreck of the Minot Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

We're All Gonna Die -Wreck of the Minot
Page 1 of 1