Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rock Trivia Thread

Go down 
+25
James B.
SpectreFate
chewie
thejokeriv
Dave the Boss
EvyMetal
TrogDawn
holydiver97595
Getizzyback
DeathCult
rattpoison
Mglaffas81
sam
Leatherface
akeldama
MetalRob331
tohostudios
Schbopo
XYZ
Thrasher73
kmorg
Fat Freddy
manny
MetalGuy71
Troublezone
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 28  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Rock Trivia Thread - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rock Trivia Thread   Rock Trivia Thread - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 11:54 am

Want more Monkees triv? Sure you do...here's an easy one.

After the success of the tv show, what soon-to-be-famous rock star changed his birth name of David Jones so he wouldn't be confused with the Monkee Davy Jones?

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Rock Trivia Thread   Rock Trivia Thread - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 11:57 am

...then I am eternally grateful to Mike Nesmith's Mom, cuz without Liquid Paper I wouldn't have survived all those high school/college term papers. When not on a computer I am a terrible typist.

Quote :
After the success of the tv show, what soon-to-be-famous rock star changed his birth name of David Jones so he wouldn't be confused with the Monkee Davy Jones?

Wild stab in the dark... David Bowie?

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Rock Trivia Thread   Rock Trivia Thread - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 11:58 am

Ding! Ding! Ding!

Annnnnd that will do it for me & Monkee-Mania this morning. Thanks for playing and we have some wonderful parting gifts for all our contestants, including a year's supply of Turtle Wax and Rice-a-Roni, the San Francisco treat.

Last edited by MetalGuy71 on Fri May 06, 2011 12:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Rock Trivia Thread   Rock Trivia Thread - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 12:00 pm

Damn! Good guess on my part.

Anyway, I'm listening to Helstar right now so here's one about them:

On Helstar's BURNING STAR debut, vocalist James Rivera was credited, for reasons known only to himself, under a pseudonym. What was it?

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Rock Trivia Thread   Rock Trivia Thread - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 1:32 pm

No takers on this one, huh? I had no clue, so I looked it up.

I won't ruin it here for anyone that wants to guess, but I will say that it's a really lame stage name. Nothing cool like James van Hellfire or Attila Thundercock. 2 names which I'm copywriting by the way in case my band project ever takes off.

So while everyone is checking the credits of their Helstar albums, here's another question to chew on, inspired by Ult's latest review updates....

On the Bulletboys s/t debut, who is the song 'Owed to Joe' about?

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Rock Trivia Thread   Rock Trivia Thread - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 1:43 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

On the Bulletboys s/t debut, who is the song 'Owed to Joe' about?

I wanna say Joe Perry, but that's just a wild guess on my part because in my book the BulletBoys were just a lame Aerosmith/VH wanna-be. Amirite? Amirite?

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Rock Trivia Thread   Rock Trivia Thread - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 1:51 pm

Yup, one-half of the Toxic Twins, Mr. Joe Perry. While he's never specifically mentioned in the song, if you read the lyrics, it's all references to him and Aerosmith.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Rock Trivia Thread   Rock Trivia Thread - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 1:52 pm

Woot.

As for the Helstar question, since there were no takers, James Rivera went by the stage name "Bill Lionel" on that first record. It must've seemed like a good idea at the time.

Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: Rock Trivia Thread   Rock Trivia Thread - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 7:33 pm

Let me jump in with some Monkees' trivia of my own. Mike Nesmith co-wrote the screenplay for what cult sci-fi movie?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Rock Trivia Thread   Rock Trivia Thread - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 8:44 pm

Leatherface wrote:
Let me jump in with some Monkees' trivia of my own. Mike Nesmith co-wrote the screenplay for what cult sci-fi movie?

"Timerider" starring Fred Ward.

Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12766

PostSubject: Re: Rock Trivia Thread   Rock Trivia Thread - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 12:58 am

kmorg wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
James B. wrote:

True or False

Did Ray Gillen ever sing for Savatage ?

True.

False.... He sing with them, not for them Laughing

I saw a show during "The Streets" tour at Jezebels' in Santa Anna, Calif that Ray sang pretty much the whole set. They did a few covers, so perhaps it still doen't count ?

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

PostSubject: Re: Rock Trivia Thread   Rock Trivia Thread - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 1:37 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Leatherface wrote:

Yup. I just gotta ask, did you look it up?
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17155

PostSubject: Re: Rock Trivia Thread   Rock Trivia Thread - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 5:28 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Leatherface wrote:

I've been trying to remember the name of that movie! I first seen it back in '84 on cable...
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Rock Trivia Thread   Rock Trivia Thread - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 8:23 am

Leatherface wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Leatherface wrote:

Yup. I just gotta ask, did you look it up?

Nope. I just saw that movie on HBO a sh*t load of times back in the day.

Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

PostSubject: Re: Rock Trivia Thread   Rock Trivia Thread - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 12:21 am

Duff Mckagan played in a band with future Mother Love Bone drummer Greg Gilmore. What was the name of the band?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Rock Trivia Thread   Rock Trivia Thread - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 10:13 am

Leatherface wrote:
Duff Mckagan played in a band with future Mother Love Bone drummer Greg Gilmore. What was the name of the band?

The Fastbacks? Just a random guess, but that's the only pre-GnR band I can remember him being a member of.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Rock Trivia Thread   Rock Trivia Thread - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 10:16 am

James B. wrote:
kmorg wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
James B. wrote:

True or False

Did Ray Gillen ever sing for Savatage ?

True.

False.... He sing with them, not for them Laughing

I saw a show during "The Streets" tour at Jezebels' in Santa Anna, Calif that Ray sang pretty much the whole set. They did a few covers, so perhaps it still doen't count ?

Wow did not know that. Have never heard about such a show! Would love to know the place and date for that.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

PostSubject: Re: Rock Trivia Thread   Rock Trivia Thread - Page 22 Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 3:17 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Leatherface wrote:

The Fastbacks? Just a random guess, but that's the only pre-GnR band I can remember him being a member of.
Ten Minute Warning
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Rock Trivia Thread   Rock Trivia Thread - Page 22 Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 9:47 am

Leatherface wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Leatherface wrote:

Ten Minute Warning

Ya got me there. Never heard of 'em.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Rock Trivia Thread   Rock Trivia Thread - Page 22 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 10:41 am

On the Queens of the Stone Age album Rated R, what legendary metal singer provided back-up vocals on the song 'Feel Good Hit of the Summer'?

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: Rock Trivia Thread   Rock Trivia Thread - Page 22 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 10:44 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
On the Queens of the Stone Age album Rated R, what legendary metal singer provided back-up vocals on the song 'Feel Good Hit of the Summer'?

Robbie Halford
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Rock Trivia Thread   Rock Trivia Thread - Page 22 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 10:45 am

Bingo! Give that man a smokeless cigar!

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

PostSubject: Re: Rock Trivia Thread   Rock Trivia Thread - Page 22 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 12:14 pm

What 80s one-hit-wonder played keyboards on Def Leppard's Pyromania?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Rock Trivia Thread   Rock Trivia Thread - Page 22 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 12:15 pm

Leatherface wrote:

I believe that was Thomas "She Blinded Me With Science" Dolby

Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

PostSubject: Re: Rock Trivia Thread   Rock Trivia Thread - Page 22 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 11:55 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Leatherface wrote:

I believe that was Thomas "She Blinded Me With Science" Dolby
Yep.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rock Trivia Thread   Rock Trivia Thread - Page 22 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rock Trivia Thread
Page 22 of 28Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 28  Next