Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Poltergeist any good?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

Poltergeist any good? Empty
PostSubject: Poltergeist any good?   Poltergeist any good? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2007 2:53 pm

What is the band Poltergeist like? How is the release Behind My Mask? I know I had it and traded or sold it...possibly to Ult. At the time I didn't care for it, but I am way more into thrash now than I was then.

ack
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Poltergeist any good?   Poltergeist any good? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2007 3:09 pm

Read the Metal Metropolis and No Life 'Til Metal sites. then come yeling for Sideshow! lol!

Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

PostSubject: Re: Poltergeist any good?   Poltergeist any good? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2007 3:11 pm

I really like Poltergeist! Their first album, Depression, is probably the most bare-bones of the three. Behind My Mask is slightly more ambitious, but still very fast paced and aggressive. Nothing Lasts Forever still has plenty of rampaging thrashers, but there are some slightly progressive leanings on a few songs. It has more power / thrash moments than any of the others.

I actually like it the most as it is their most mature release. Not saying the others are bad, though. I like those as well.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Poltergeist any good?   Poltergeist any good? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2022 12:02 am

I just ordered 2 albums by Poltergeist: Nothing Lasts Forever and Back To Haunt.

Never owned anything by these guys before.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Poltergeist any good?   Poltergeist any good? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2022 12:18 am

They just released their Demo collection today (1/14) called The Demos. Their 2020 album Feather of Truth is great.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Poltergeist any good?   Poltergeist any good? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2022 1:58 am

GrandNational wrote:
They just released their Demo collection today (1/14) called The Demos. Their 2020 album Feather of Truth is great.

Feather of Truth is next on my purchase list.
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

PostSubject: Re: Poltergeist any good?   Poltergeist any good? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2022 6:34 pm

Shows how little attention I've been paying these days. I had no idea they had come back. Just listened to Back To Haunt last night. I'm liking what I'm hearing Poltergeist any good? 1f603
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Poltergeist any good?   Poltergeist any good? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2022 10:23 pm

SideShowDisaSter wrote:
Shows how little attention I've been paying these days.  I had no idea they had come back.  Just listened to Back To Haunt last night.  I'm liking what I'm hearing  Poltergeist any good? 1f603

I got it in the mail two days ago. Haven't spinned it yet. Can't wait.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Poltergeist any good?   Poltergeist any good? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Poltergeist any good?
Page 1 of 1