Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bands you don't admit listening to

Go down 
+31
SAHB Healer
krokus
Necrosultan
stepcousin
the sentinel
stevegarveyfan
80smetalrocks
Getizzyback
Leatherface
powermacho
jstate
Schbopo
metalmaniac122
XYZ
thejokeriv
iamrockerfun
mc666
akeldama
Red Kitty
tohostudios
DallasBlack
MetalGuy71
manny
sam
Addy
ultmetal
Troublezone
Zdan
Fat Freddy
MetalRob331
Gilbert
35 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

Bands you don't admit listening to Empty
PostSubject: Bands you don't admit listening to   Bands you don't admit listening to Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 4:06 am

Anybody has a band they listen to "in secret"? A band you never admit to like in front of your metalhead friends??
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Bands you don't admit listening to   Bands you don't admit listening to Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 4:16 am

If I like something Im not afraid to admit it. Its music and you shouldn't be liked any less if your friends dont like it. A few bands that I tend to have my friends cringe over though are. These arent bands I listen to everyday but are bands I like to some degree or really like certain songs from.

Dixie Chicks
Brad Paisley
Eric Heatherly
Keith Whitley
Tech N9ne
Cypress Hill
Christina Aguilera
My Chemical Romance (Just The Black Parade)
Hootie and the Blowfish
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Bands you don't admit listening to   Bands you don't admit listening to Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 5:00 am

I'm too old for that "keeping secrets from my metalhead friends" crap... if I wanna throw on some Dixie Chicks, Pat Benatar or Weird Al Yankovic right after some Sepultura, so be it...

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Zdan
Metal master
Metal master
Zdan

Number of posts : 752

PostSubject: Re: Bands you don't admit listening to   Bands you don't admit listening to Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 5:58 am

Cypress Hill - but I don't keep that secret you can see their albums clearly on my CD shelf.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Bands you don't admit listening to   Bands you don't admit listening to Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 6:34 am

Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Bands you don't admit listening to   Bands you don't admit listening to Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 9:00 am

I listen to what I like. I don't care what other people think, therefore I have no reason to hide what I am listening to. The other day I was listening to Donna Summer. Today I'm listening to Anacrusis. Later on today I am planning on throwing on some Hawkwind. It's all good.

Listen to what you like, ignore the rest.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Bands you don't admit listening to   Bands you don't admit listening to Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 9:31 am

I listen to what I like and I dont give a flying terd on what people think and if you feel you gotta hide it then theres something defninitly wrong

just my 2 cents
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Bands you don't admit listening to   Bands you don't admit listening to Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 9:44 am

no, I blast whatever I want. Everything from nile to stevie ray to public enemy.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Bands you don't admit listening to   Bands you don't admit listening to Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 9:49 am

I listen to whatever, from Madonna to Venom and everything else inbetween. Not ashamed of anything I own or listen to.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Bands you don't admit listening to   Bands you don't admit listening to Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 11:48 am

If it's a band I don't admit to, why would I tell you here? Bands you don't admit listening to 337331 I will take my Barbara Streisand fan-boy worship to the grave with me.

Ahhh nuts.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Bands you don't admit listening to   Bands you don't admit listening to Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 11:57 am

If I didn't hide the fact that I like to listen to John Denver, there is nothing I won't admit to. I used to hide certain music I listen to but as I've gotten older I have gotten to the point where I no longer give a crap. I listen to what I like and don't care what others think.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Bands you don't admit listening to   Bands you don't admit listening to Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 11:59 am

AwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwWhatARUSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Red Kitty

Number of posts : 1006

PostSubject: Re: Bands you don't admit listening to   Bands you don't admit listening to Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 12:13 pm

I"m certainly not embarassed, but do enjoy some:

Erasure
Pet Shop Boys
Seal
Neil Diamond
Abba
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Bands you don't admit listening to   Bands you don't admit listening to Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 12:19 pm

Without any embarrassment I enjoy listening to:

Prince (I have 26 of his albums)
Tait
KJ-52
Brenton Wood
KC & The Sunshine Band
The Bee Gees
Mandrill
The Pretenders
Steve Earle
Merle Haggard
Johnny Cash
The Brothers Johnson
Cameo
Mongo Santamaria
Billy Ray Cyrus (Except "Achy,Breaky Heart)

I could go on but you get the point
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Bands you don't admit listening to   Bands you don't admit listening to Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 12:30 pm

akeldama wrote:

Tait
KJ-52
Brenton Wood
KC & The Sunshine Band
The Bee Gees
Mandrill
The Pretenders
Steve Earle
Merle Haggard
Johnny Cash
The Brothers Johnson
Cameo
Mongo Santamaria

Prince is a great artist and have 11 of his CD's, the only one I didnot care for is 'Lovesexy' and the Pretenders is IMO another great band, their first two albums being favorites.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Bands you don't admit listening to   Bands you don't admit listening to Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 12:33 pm

manny wrote:
akeldama wrote:

Tait
KJ-52
Brenton Wood
KC & The Sunshine Band
The Bee Gees
Mandrill
The Pretenders
Steve Earle
Merle Haggard
Johnny Cash
The Brothers Johnson
Cameo
Mongo Santamaria

Prince is a great artist and have 11 of his CD's, the only one I didnot care for is 'Lovesexy' and the Pretenders is IMO another great band, their first two albums being favorites.

The Pretenders have never disappointed me as for Lovesexy it does suck and what makes it worse is that all the saongs are combined into one so you can't change from one song to another, major suckage. What Prince do you have,manny?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bands you don't admit listening to   Bands you don't admit listening to Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 12:34 pm

I honestly don't give a rat's ass what people think of my listening habits! Perfectly happy to go from Louis Armstrong to Slayer to Debussy in one sitting.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Bands you don't admit listening to   Bands you don't admit listening to Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 12:41 pm

I have the following:

Purple Rain
Around the World in a Day
Sign of the Times ( my fav by Prince)
Lovesexy (hate the cover)
The Black Album ( the official release not bootleg version)
soundtrack to the film 'Batman'
Diamonds and Pearls
The Gold Experience
Symbol album ( the one with his weird name)
Come
The Hits/B Sides (3 disc version)
Chaos and Disorder
Emancipation

and on vinyl: Parade

I am glad to hear that my Lovesexy CD was not defective, that it did combine the songs into one track, I thought I had bought a defective disc.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Bands you don't admit listening to   Bands you don't admit listening to Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 12:45 pm

By all means Lovesexy is defective.

I need to give Sign O' The Times more of a listen but Purple Rain,The Gold Experience, and Chaos And Disorder are my faves. I like his stuff from '78-'84
and the symbol years the best.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Bands you don't admit listening to   Bands you don't admit listening to Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 12:47 pm

akeldama wrote:

I need to give Sign O' The Times more of a listen but Purple Rain,The Gold Experience, and Chaos And Disorder are my faves. I like his stuff from '78-'84

I have to give 'Chaos and Disorder' alot more spins, I can't remember any songs off that disc, one thing nobody ever talks about when it comes to Prince is that he is one hell of a guitartist.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Bands you don't admit listening to   Bands you don't admit listening to Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 12:50 pm

manny wrote:
akeldama wrote:

I have to give 'Chaos and Disorder' alot more spins, I can't remember any songs off that disc, one thing nobody ever talks about when it comes to Prince is that he is one hell of a guitartist.

Point well taken, his instrumental stuff like N.E.W.S. showcases his chops really well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bands you don't admit listening to   Bands you don't admit listening to Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 1:05 pm

You're all liars.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Bands you don't admit listening to   Bands you don't admit listening to Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 1:10 pm

Eyesore wrote:
You're all liars.

Ehhh, sez you.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Bands you don't admit listening to   Bands you don't admit listening to Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 1:28 pm

much like everyone else here, i'm not ashamed of anything i listen to.

MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Bands you don't admit listening to   Bands you don't admit listening to Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 1:30 pm

Eyesore wrote:
You're all liars.

You're right. I'm ashamed to tell people I listen to metal. I wouldn't want folks to get the wrong impression about me. Put on another Carpenters cd, fellas. The s'mores and cocoa are almost ready! Let me put on my sweater vest. There's a nip in the air.

PostSubject: Re: Bands you don't admit listening to   Bands you don't admit listening to Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bands you don't admit listening to
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next