Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Least favorite vocals on a cd you actually bought...

Go down 
+12
Troublezone
mc666
Lurideath
exact33
sam
Schbopo
MetalGuy71
Lari
Stender
Metalhunter
tohostudios
MetalRob331
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Least favorite vocals on a cd you actually bought... Empty
PostSubject: Least favorite vocals on a cd you actually bought...   Least favorite vocals on a cd you actually bought... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 3:39 pm

I know we all have bought a cd without ever hearing it first. On which one, were the vocals the worst?

I'm going with Believer. The music was fine of course, but the vocals are just not my thing. Not one redeeeming quality, imo.

You?
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Least favorite vocals on a cd you actually bought...   Least favorite vocals on a cd you actually bought... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 3:44 pm

I bought many cds where I didnt like the vocals? Do you mean bands that actaully sing?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Least favorite vocals on a cd you actually bought...   Least favorite vocals on a cd you actually bought... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 3:45 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
I bought many cds where I didnt like the vocals? Do you mean bands that actaully sing?

Any band.

Last edited by DenimAndLeather on Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Least favorite vocals on a cd you actually bought...   Least favorite vocals on a cd you actually bought... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 3:46 pm

Rheingold by Grave Digger.

Everyone was raving about it so I did a blind buy. Big mistake. Great music with Popeye on vocals.

Metal novice
Metal novice
Metalhunter

Number of posts : 13

PostSubject: Re: Least favorite vocals on a cd you actually bought...   Least favorite vocals on a cd you actually bought... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 3:52 pm

I bought after searchin for about two years for "Obey And Pray" from the malaysian band CHOZEN (2000). A friend of mine recommended it...

the music is real killer stuff, amazing and brilliant US-Power Metal style with some cool NWoBHM influences but the singer (I didn't call him like this...) totally sucks. He's like a bad version of King Diamond vs. Dani (Cradle Of Filth), brrrrr
Back to top Go down
http://www.metal-treasures.com
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Least favorite vocals on a cd you actually bought...   Least favorite vocals on a cd you actually bought... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 4:31 pm

The first Metallica album I bought, ...and justice for all, I can not stand James Hetfields voice...ugh...I still think old metallica rules though!
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Least favorite vocals on a cd you actually bought...   Least favorite vocals on a cd you actually bought... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 4:34 pm

Manilla Road - Voyager

I can't stand that Gollum-style singing. Why did I buy it? After a recommendation.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Least favorite vocals on a cd you actually bought...   Least favorite vocals on a cd you actually bought... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 4:34 pm

Everytime we do this topic I always mention:

Vio-lence - Eternal Nightmare. Awesome music, unlistenable vocals. The magazines had ads for this album all over them, so I "acquired" the cassette. I promptly traded said cassette away within a week. I have since downloaded it and still cannot stand his voice.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Least favorite vocals on a cd you actually bought...   Least favorite vocals on a cd you actually bought... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 4:45 pm

I agree on the Vio-lence. Too bad because the music is some great thrash.

It's how I feel about Sacrament, great music but the vocals bug me.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Least favorite vocals on a cd you actually bought...   Least favorite vocals on a cd you actually bought... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 4:59 pm

Grave Digger. Never could dig the vocals. Recently sold the 2 cd's I had, Excalibur and The Grave Digger.

Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Least favorite vocals on a cd you actually bought...   Least favorite vocals on a cd you actually bought... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 5:26 pm

The Residents-Duck Stab

But I still love it.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Least favorite vocals on a cd you actually bought...   Least favorite vocals on a cd you actually bought... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 5:28 pm

katakylism - epic

vocals make this one just unlistenable.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Least favorite vocals on a cd you actually bought...   Least favorite vocals on a cd you actually bought... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 6:03 pm

Schbopo wrote:
The Residents-Duck Stab

But I still love it.

What is wrong with you man.... Razz
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Least favorite vocals on a cd you actually bought...   Least favorite vocals on a cd you actually bought... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 6:17 pm

latter day mortification... just cannot enjoy those vocals..

Alex

Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Least favorite vocals on a cd you actually bought...   Least favorite vocals on a cd you actually bought... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 7:42 pm

I agree with the Mortification listed. His vocals gone way down hill and are unbearable!
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Least favorite vocals on a cd you actually bought...   Least favorite vocals on a cd you actually bought... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 1:13 am

Sacred Steel - Reborn in Steel
The Gathering - Almost a Dance
Ultimatum - Puppet of Destruction
Dearly Beheaded - Temptation

Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Least favorite vocals on a cd you actually bought...   Least favorite vocals on a cd you actually bought... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 2:44 am

These aren't actual particular cd's but an overall assessment.

Dave Mustaine on anything after Rust in Peace. I hate when he tries to sing...

Les Claypool, I really have to be in the mood to hear his vocals.

Geoff Tate, His vocals have become boring as hell since he gave up on metal.

Luke Easter, I was never into his vocals but it's even worse when he modifies a song with his style.

James Hetfield after the Black Album. I hate his lounge singer slant...
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Least favorite vocals on a cd you actually bought...   Least favorite vocals on a cd you actually bought... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 7:16 am

Grave digger albums. Their music is so good, but the vocals simply kill it. I never could like them.
Back to top Go down
Zdan
Metal master
Metal master
Zdan

Number of posts : 752

PostSubject: Re: Least favorite vocals on a cd you actually bought...   Least favorite vocals on a cd you actually bought... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 8:47 am

I cannot imagine how anyone could listen to Sacred Steel without Gerrit's vocals. This what totally amplifies the charm of that band. Just leather, spikes and vocals that are unlistenable to the initated.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Least favorite vocals on a cd you actually bought...   Least favorite vocals on a cd you actually bought... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 8:50 am

Zdan wrote:
I cannot imagine how anyone could listen to Sacred Steel without Gerrit's vocals. This what totally amplifies the charm of that band. Just leather, spikes and vocals that are unlistenable to the initated.

Agreed. I love Gerrit's vocals, just as I love Boltendahl's vocals in Grave Digger. Both bands wouldn't be as special without them.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Least favorite vocals on a cd you actually bought...   Least favorite vocals on a cd you actually bought... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 10:22 am

tohostudios wrote:
Rheingold by Grave Digger.

Everyone was raving about it so I did a blind buy. Big mistake. Great music with Popeye on vocals.

And I bought it off of him, and feel the same way lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Least favorite vocals on a cd you actually bought...   Least favorite vocals on a cd you actually bought... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 10:39 am

I like Chris Boltendahl's vocals. It's part of what sets Grave Digger apart from the pack. He's probably not technically a good singer, but then again, neither a guys like Udo and Klaus. The difference is these guys have charisma and personality. I guess it's better to be loved or hated than to be thought of as mediocre.

PostSubject: Re: Least favorite vocals on a cd you actually bought...   Least favorite vocals on a cd you actually bought... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 10:40 am

ultmetal wrote:
I guess it's better to be loved or hated than to be thought of as mediocre.

It's been working for Ozzy since 1970.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Least favorite vocals on a cd you actually bought...   Least favorite vocals on a cd you actually bought... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 10:40 am

detuned wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
I guess it's better to be loved or hated than to be thought of as mediocre.

It's been working for Ozzy since 1970.

lol! Perfect!
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Least favorite vocals on a cd you actually bought...   Least favorite vocals on a cd you actually bought... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 11:02 pm

ultmetal wrote:
I like Chris Boltendahl's vocals. It's part of what sets Grave Digger apart from the pack. He's probably not technically a good singer, but then again, neither a guys like Udo and Klaus. The difference is these guys have charisma and personality. I guess it's better to be loved or hated than to be thought of as mediocre.

I agree. I know Chris's vox are mostly a love em or hate em thing but GD wouldnt be GD without him. Its not like you could stick Dio in there and they would be GD.

Alex

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Least favorite vocals on a cd you actually bought...   Least favorite vocals on a cd you actually bought... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Least favorite vocals on a cd you actually bought...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next