Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bad metal band names

Go down 
+31
EvyMetal
MetalGuy71
the sentinel
Schbopo
Orion Crystal Ice
manny
powermacho
stevegarveyfan
MetalRob331
stormspell
TheGooch
Fat Freddy
T-Roy
juanmiguel
Temple of Blood
Troublezone
DeathCult
caniplaywithmadness?
Metal Misfit
Lurideath
Thrasher73
sovdat
GrandNational
scottmitchell74
Shiney
TrogDawn
Smindas
kmorg
Rex
mc666
ultmetal
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage

Bad metal band names - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad metal band names   Bad metal band names - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 9:31 am

defender_of_the_faith wrote:
I love the band, but i think the name Witchfinder General is bad! tired

Well, it's the name of a Vincent Price movie, so it's fair game for a metal band. Plus once you combine the name with their album covers you've got a combination of pure class. Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Bad metal band names   Bad metal band names - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 9:54 am

stormspell wrote:
Metal Misfit wrote:
I love Edguy. Is it pronounced the way I think it is ? "Ed Guy"? Or is it some weird German thing?

The Germans I know pronounce it "EDGI" with very short and hard G, not "dji", and I pronounced as "e", not "ai" definitely not the way you would spell it in English.

Well, the band say Ed-ghay......

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Bad metal band names   Bad metal band names - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 10:03 am

Dark (makes for search engine hell)
Magic Kingdom
Penetrator
Persuader
Royal Hunt
Icycore
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bad metal band names   Bad metal band names - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 10:39 am

MD.45
Cro-Mags
Laaz Rockit
House Of Lords
Flotsam & Jetsam

I don't like these names at all....
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Bad metal band names   Bad metal band names - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 10:47 am

Let's face it, Twisted Sister is a pretty dumb name.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bad metal band names   Bad metal band names - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 10:57 am

I don't understand people not liking the name Flotsam & Jetsam, I always thought it was pretty clever.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Bad metal band names   Bad metal band names - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 2:36 pm

has anyone mentioned Goblin C*ck, yet? I almost crapped myself when I saw this at Newbury Comics last week. Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Bad metal band names   Bad metal band names - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 3:05 pm

the sentinel wrote:
has anyone mentioned Goblin C*ck, yet? I almost crapped myself when I saw this at Newbury Comics last week. Laughing very hard

I believe Eyesore said something about it, but I'm not sure he was talking about the band.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bad metal band names   Bad metal band names - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 3:06 pm

Wow, I think I just got that. "Gobbling C0ck". That's right folks, I'm that slow.
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Bad metal band names   Bad metal band names - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 4:50 pm

At The Gates, stupid name.

I believe Cattle Decapitation preaches vegitarianism and anti-slaughtering. The name sure gets to you.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Bad metal band names   Bad metal band names - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 5:28 pm

A Job for a Cowboy
Back to top Go down
FATALITY
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 47

PostSubject: Re: Bad metal band names   Bad metal band names - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 8:07 pm

angel delight
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Bad metal band names   Bad metal band names - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 8:54 pm

manny wrote:
A Job for a Cowboy

sick sick sick
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Bad metal band names   Bad metal band names - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2008 12:51 pm

I just read about a band on Blabbermouth that are called "Hot Buttered Anal" -- that's gotta be the worst one I've heard in awhile

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bad metal band names   Bad metal band names - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2008 12:56 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I just read about a band on Blabbermouth that are called "Hot Buttered Anal" -- that's gotta be the worst one I've heard in awhile

They're going to be monumental. Honestly when a band names themselves something like that then they can't be serious about being a lasting entity.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Bad metal band names   Bad metal band names - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2008 1:00 pm

spectrefate wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

They're going to be monumental. Honestly when a band names themselves something like that then they can't be serious about being a lasting entity.

Supposedly you can get their disc via CDBaby. I just ate lunch so I don't think I want to check it out for myself just yet.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bad metal band names   Bad metal band names - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2008 1:03 pm

"Jerking off to the thought of killing your family" is one of their lyrics. It's pretty goofy and cartoonish. Proof once again that recording equipment shouldn't be so easily attainable.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bad metal band names   Bad metal band names - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2008 1:06 pm

Lurideath wrote:

Stryper

it worked very well for them.

I'd say Killer dwarfs. What were they thinking?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Bad metal band names   Bad metal band names - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2008 1:44 pm

spectrefate wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Why, what's wrong with having "Buttered" in your name? It worked out well for Isaac Hayes.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Bad metal band names   Bad metal band names - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 5:00 pm

Just saw an advertisement on another site for a band called "Assjack" -- ?? that's a pretty bad one.

Back to top Go down
Svengo
Metal master
Metal master
Svengo

Number of posts : 967

PostSubject: Re: Bad metal band names   Bad metal band names - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 5:08 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Just saw an advertisement on another site for a band called "Assjack" -- ?? that's a pretty bad one.
That sorta reminds me of a local grindcore act that was around here for years called Asschapel. (they were pretty decent for a grindcore act)
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Bad metal band names   Bad metal band names - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 9:41 am

Killer Dwarfs will always be the first thing that comes to mind with bad names. Especially for a band that should have had many hits and could've been big. I always thought it sounded like a sitcom band name where the parents would be upset that their child listened to the "Killer Dwarfs". Although I did always like the Dwarves as a name for that band.

I've been listening to Noisy Momma. Great album, terrible band name.

I sometimes wonder with a lot of these names what the ones they rejected were. Or what they thought would be a worse name than what they selected.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Bad metal band names   Bad metal band names - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 10:07 am

I may have found the worst band name ever -- someone on Facebook suggested I "become a fan" of a band called "Deadwhore Fecaljuice." Ummm... nah, I think I'll pass on that one.

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Bad metal band names   Bad metal band names - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 10:25 am

detuned wrote:
I don't understand people not liking the name Flotsam & Jetsam, I always thought it was pretty clever.

I agree. People that don't understand it usually don't like it.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Bad metal band names   Bad metal band names - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 10:27 am

Fat Freddy wrote:

It's just jackass backwards but yeah it's still dumb.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bad metal band names   Bad metal band names - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bad metal band names
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4