Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Most disappointing concert

Go down 
+20
tohostudios
DallasBlack
candlemass
Schbopo
kmorg
INVADERS
DeathCult
powermacho
James B.
jstate
nevermore
skullsmasher
iamrockerfun
Fat Freddy
manny
ultmetal
Rex
MetalGuy71
MetalRob331
RimShot
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
metalken
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 819

Most disappointing concert - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Most disappointing concert   Most disappointing concert - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 9:05 pm

For me, the most disappointing concert that I caught in all my years of show attending was Van Halen on the 1984 tour.
I am sure that the internal battles the band was going through played a big part, but Eddie, though not lacking in any way with his guitar work, did not seem to be playing with the rest of the band. He seemed to be on one long extended practice and paid no attention to anyone on stage.
Dave was just wasted, singing out of time and out of tune; and forgetting lyrics even, going off a number of times on some scat sing along with all that be-bah-bah-bah type stuff.
I left shocked and saddened as the tour previous that I caught, Fair Warning in 1981, was a total killer time.
Back to top Go down
FATALITY
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 47

PostSubject: Re: Most disappointing concert   Most disappointing concert - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 4:55 pm

avril lavigne
Back to top Go down
RevBilly6207
Metal novice
Metal novice
RevBilly6207

Number of posts : 45

PostSubject: Re: Most disappointing concert   Most disappointing concert - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 7:49 am

I was disappointed with the Scorpions when I saw them and Alice Cooper together. It was my first time seeing them live, and they were just awful. All you could hear were the drums and vocals. It was similar to a bad jr high garage band practice. The sound man should've been fired, jailed and executed for butchering the sound of such a great band.

However, Alice Cooper was amazing. The sound and theatrics made up for the Scorps mishap.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/once_dead
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Most disappointing concert   Most disappointing concert - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 4:39 pm

FATALITY wrote:
avril lavigne
Rolling Eyes
What exactly did you expect from the concert?

Anyway, I'd have to say Sisters of Mercy. I quite like some of their albums (or at least one), and thought they are legends in their genre and I had relatively high expectations prior to seeing them live. Boy, did they suck. No life, no energy, no drums and half the music was either synthetic or just plain playback. Absolutely no rock'n'roll in them.
Back to top Go down
skullsmasher
Metal master
Metal master
skullsmasher

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: Most disappointing concert   Most disappointing concert - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 10:27 pm

candlemass wrote:
skullsmasher wrote:

Ozzy on the Ultimate Sin tour, he was a boring flabby joke but Metallica was on as the opening act and stole the show

I saw that tour, thought Ozzy did a great job. I also have the DVD of that tour wich is quite good.

Maybe he was having an off night, his band was great but he seemed sluggish and bored, All he did was yell "Lets get crazy" Lets have a riot" and flash peace signs every 10 seconds. I love the Oz man but I really have not wanted to see him live again
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Most disappointing concert   Most disappointing concert - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Most disappointing concert
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2