Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Were these bands ever big?

Go down 
+8
jstate
nevermore
ultmetal
Temple of Blood
manny
Troublezone
kmorg
RimShot
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

Were these bands ever big? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Were these bands ever big?   Were these bands ever big? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 10:46 pm

stevegarveyfan wrote:
I remember when someone would ask, "Is Armored Saint a Christian band?" Haha!

Same thing with Testament.

I've heard people tell those stories on other boards, too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
stevegarveyfan
Metal master
Metal master
stevegarveyfan

Number of posts : 613

PostSubject: Re: Were these bands ever big?   Were these bands ever big? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 10:59 pm

There is a southern gospel group called Living Sacrifice. No joke.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Were these bands ever big?   Were these bands ever big? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 9:49 am

Armored Saint is the most notable name ya got there. I always meant to look into their old discog after John Bush jumped ship and went over to Anthrax. Bought one of their more recent titles from this decade - Revelation, based on a single which I heard on net radio. To me, it sounded a lot like the Anthrax's sound and direction - 'After Me, The Flood'. Good stuff, yo. I hear that JB jumped ship on Anthrax now. Anyone know who's filling his shoes?
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Were these bands ever big?   Were these bands ever big? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 9:53 am

Marc Mason wrote:
Armored Saint is the most notable name ya got there. I always meant to look into their old discog after John Bush jumped ship and went over to Anthrax. Bought one of their more recent titles from this decade - Revelation, based on a single which I heard on net radio. To me, it sounded a lot like the Anthrax's sound and direction - 'After Me, The Flood'. Good stuff, yo. I hear that JB jumped ship on Anthrax now. Anyone know who's filling his shoes?

We discussed their new singer on this thread before you joined, happy reading and feel free to comment.

https://heartofmetal.niceboard.com/heart-of-metal-f1/new-anthrax-album-official-press-release-t8591.htm?highlight=anthrax
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Were these bands ever big?   Were these bands ever big? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 10:04 am

Troublezone wrote:
manny wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Quote :
Armored Saint a very minor radio hit with 'Can U Deliver'

That's not true, they also had Reign of Fire and Last Train Home as hits.

That could be true but where I lived at the time, 'Can U Deliever' was the only song that got any radio play.

And it was a different year and record. Smile

Chemical Euphoria got the most play in the 'Cities. I don't think I have ever heard a track off SoS on the radio to this day. Which is too bad, as that is my fav Saint album.

Black n Blue were a Portland band. I don't think they permanently settled in the L.A. area until they started to record Without Love. Even when they were in talks with Slagel, they were still making the daylong trip back and forth.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Were these bands ever big?   Were these bands ever big? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 10:08 am

stevegarveyfan wrote:

I read an interview with Testament years ago where they said early in their career, Stryper took them out as an opening act on a European tour, because someone in Stryper's organization was under the mistaken impression that Testament were a Christian band. Testament said the Stryper guys were cool to them (and thought the mix-up was pretty funny), but Testament kept getting in trouble during that tour for cursing back stage and for smoking weed in their dressing rooms. Laughing

There were also rumors years ago that Armored Saint attempted to sue the Christian "Saint" due to their names being similar. I believe Saint may have released their first album prior to Armored Saint's debut though so if there really was such a law suit, I guess the case never went anywhere.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Were these bands ever big?   Were these bands ever big? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 9:40 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
stevegarveyfan wrote:

I read an interview with Testament years ago where they said early in their career, Stryper took them out as an opening act on a European tour, because someone in Stryper's organization was under the mistaken impression that Testament were a Christian band. Testament said the Stryper guys were cool to them (and thought the mix-up was pretty funny), but Testament kept getting in trouble during that tour for cursing back stage and for smoking weed in their dressing rooms. Laughing

There were also rumors years ago that Armored Saint attempted to sue the Christian "Saint" due to their names being similar. I believe Saint may have released their first album prior to Armored Saint's debut though so if there really was such a law suit, I guess the case never went anywhere.

On topic of Stryper playing with thrash bands, I remember Stryper almost performed with Slayer once. "We've always wanted to play a show with Slayer," one of the guys in the band said. Slayer pulled off the gig, and then Stryper immediately pulled off as well.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Were these bands ever big?   Were these bands ever big? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Were these bands ever big?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2