Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bands for whom a best-of would be enough

Go down 
+14
kmorg
Schbopo
Metal Misfit
arttieTHE1manparty
MetalGuy71
manny
skullsmasher
tohostudios
Fat Freddy
exact33
Thrasher73
mc666
MetalRob331
Gilbert
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Bands for whom a best-of would be enough - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bands for whom a best-of would be enough   Bands for whom a best-of would be enough - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 1:17 pm

Uriah Heep, Deep Purple, Van Halen

Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Bands for whom a best-of would be enough   Bands for whom a best-of would be enough - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 1:24 pm

kmorg wrote:
Van Halen

No. No no no.. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Bands for whom a best-of would be enough   Bands for whom a best-of would be enough - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 1:25 pm

Schbopo wrote:
kmorg wrote:
Van Halen

No. No no no.. Evil or Very Mad

don\'t know It's all I own from them now. Don't feel the need to change that.

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Bands for whom a best-of would be enough   Bands for whom a best-of would be enough - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 8:07 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Poison and Ratt. I have "Best-Of" compilations from both (POISON'S GREATEST HITS 1986-96 and RATT N ROLL 8191, respectively) and that pretty much covers all my needs from both bands.

Ratt and Roll 8191 is enough for me too...

Alex

DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Bands for whom a best-of would be enough   Bands for whom a best-of would be enough - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 8:09 pm

Metallica
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Bands for whom a best-of would be enough   Bands for whom a best-of would be enough - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 8:24 pm

I usually buy a greatest hits or some sort of compilation after I have a bands whole or almost whole discography. The few I do have, I have with the intention of getting the bands entire discography at some point. I am very album oriented and never really cared much for just a bands "hits", but that's just me. I think BOC is the only artist I have a greatest hits from and nothing else yet; and that's only b/c I scored The Essential Blue Oyster Cult brand new for $2 at an anniversary sale for a local shop. If he had all of their albums that day for a mere $2 I would have gotten them too. Peace.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bands for whom a best-of would be enough   Bands for whom a best-of would be enough - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 8:28 pm

My main problem with collections is invariably they skip certain tracks I really want, so I find most commercially produced compilations to be essentially worthless.

That's the main benefit that online purchasing (like Amazon mp3) has to offer, buy only the tracks you want and make your own disc.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Bands for whom a best-of would be enough   Bands for whom a best-of would be enough - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 8:29 pm

Most of the hair bands for me. I have maybe 10 or so of those disks like Poison, Britny Fox, Skid Row, etc.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Bands for whom a best-of would be enough   Bands for whom a best-of would be enough - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 3:15 am

Hair bands mostly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bands for whom a best-of would be enough   Bands for whom a best-of would be enough - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 7:17 am

Regarding the hair bands (some of whom I did listen to back in the day), I've discovered that I don't require any of them in my collection, never have even the slightest desire to hear Poison or Ratt or Motley Crue, etc. It falls under my been there, done that, grew out of it category.

The only band I make an exception for is Kix and they were around before most of these other bands anyhow.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Bands for whom a best-of would be enough   Bands for whom a best-of would be enough - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 7:56 am

Kix are pretty good. I have a live album somwhere in my collection. I just can't find it scratch .
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Bands for whom a best-of would be enough   Bands for whom a best-of would be enough - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 9:38 am

Has Kix ever put out an official Greatest Hits comp or a best of. And by "official", I mean something authorized by the band, with a decent booklet, good track listing and maybe a rareity or 2? Not just something thrown together by the record company, like those 20th Century Masters compilations. I had some Kix tapes, but the only one I've up-graded to cd is Blow My Fuse.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Bands for whom a best-of would be enough   Bands for whom a best-of would be enough - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 9:41 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Has Kix ever put out an official Greatest Hits comp or a best of. And by "official", I mean something authorized by the band, with a decent booklet, good track listing and maybe a rareity or 2? Not just something thrown together by the record company, like those 20th Century Masters compilations. I had some Kix tapes, but the only one I've up-graded to cd is Blow My Fuse.

Not to my knowledge. I have all the Kix discs and all the Funny Money discs.

PostSubject: Re: Bands for whom a best-of would be enough   Bands for whom a best-of would be enough - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 4:40 pm

Ratt
Britny Fox
Eagles
Firehouse
Reo Speedwagon
Hammerfall
Motley Crue
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Bands for whom a best-of would be enough   Bands for whom a best-of would be enough - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 5:40 pm

Rolling stones
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Bands for whom a best-of would be enough   Bands for whom a best-of would be enough - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 6:16 pm

kmorg wrote:
Deep Purple, Van Halen

BAH!! Mad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bands for whom a best-of would be enough   Bands for whom a best-of would be enough - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bands for whom a best-of would be enough
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2