Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

FYE Downsizing?

Go down 
+6
sam
exact33
jstate
Troublezone
A Handful of Wayne
MetalGuy71
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

FYE Downsizing? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FYE Downsizing?   FYE Downsizing? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 9:55 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:
Was FYE the wall before? I bought so many cd's from The Wall(back in the late 90's) and found a lot of my fav bands from that stores selection. I shop at FYE often as I get a 30% discount. They also have a lot of pretty cheap used discs at the one near me.

Yes, the parent company of FYE bought up a bunch of smaller operations (Strawberries, The Wall, Coconuts among others) and either closed 'em up or changed them to FYE's.

Yeah, the FYE in the last two towns I lived in were originally Camelot Music stores.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

FYE Downsizing? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FYE Downsizing?   FYE Downsizing? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 9:53 am

Eyesore wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:
Was FYE the wall before? I bought so many cd's from The Wall(back in the late 90's) and found a lot of my fav bands from that stores selection. I shop at FYE often as I get a 30% discount. They also have a lot of pretty cheap used discs at the one near me.

Yes, the parent company of FYE bought up a bunch of smaller operations (Strawberries, The Wall, Coconuts among others) and either closed 'em up or changed them to FYE's.
They closed them all around here. All but one, anyway. Last time I checked, there was one Strawberries left in Boston, a three-story shop. Wonder if it's still there?

I think I went into that one when the wife and I were in Boston a year or 2 ago. I can't remember if it was a Strawberries or not, but I definately remember going into a 3-story music store. I think the used section was all the way up-stairs on the 3rd floor.

FYE Downsizing?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: