Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

SIX FEET UNDER

Go down 
+7
sam
Leatherface
INVADERS
mc666
Stender
MetalRob331
ultmetal
11 posters
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

SIX FEET UNDER Empty
PostSubject: SIX FEET UNDER   SIX FEET UNDER Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 7:26 pm

What's everyone's thoughts on this band? I found that most people seem to disrespect them. I like them. They are simple, old school, grunt and grind death metal, plus they have a ton of classic metal influences. I even dig their over-the-top cover songs.

Last edited by ultmetal on Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

SIX FEET UNDER Empty
PostSubject: Re: SIX FEET UNDER   SIX FEET UNDER Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 7:36 pm

I love Six Feet Under, they have some awesome groove for a death metal band. I own 5 of there albums with Haunted being my favorite followed by Maximum Violence. Chris Barnes is the best Death Metal vocalist IMO. Also killer covers.

Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

SIX FEET UNDER Empty
PostSubject: Re: SIX FEET UNDER   SIX FEET UNDER Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 7:39 pm

I guess I need to get Haunted. I'm sitting here listening to Warpath and diggin' it! 🤘

Dinky Do
MetalRob331

SIX FEET UNDER Empty
PostSubject: Re: SIX FEET UNDER   SIX FEET UNDER Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 7:48 pm

Warpath is an awesome song. Did you mean to type FEED?

Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

SIX FEET UNDER Empty
PostSubject: Re: SIX FEET UNDER   SIX FEET UNDER Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 8:15 pm

I respect them for helping define death metal and the Florida death scene but as of late I've been getting tired of death as a genre. Way more into thrash and hardcore then ever before.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

SIX FEET UNDER Empty
PostSubject: Re: SIX FEET UNDER   SIX FEET UNDER Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 8:20 pm

Stender wrote:
I respect them for helping define death metal and the Florida death scene but as of late I've been getting tired of death as a genre. Way more into thrash and hardcore then ever before.

This band is different to me, you can actually sing along to there songs, unlike most death metal bands. Also there is more groove then speed and thats what I like.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

SIX FEET UNDER Empty
PostSubject: Re: SIX FEET UNDER   SIX FEET UNDER Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 8:50 pm

i like Six Feet Under. they are simplistic & straightforward, sure. they are also catchy & heavy. not every death metal band needs to sound like Nile.

ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

SIX FEET UNDER Empty
PostSubject: Re: SIX FEET UNDER   SIX FEET UNDER Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 12:47 am

mc666 wrote:
i like Six Feet Under. they are simplistic & straightforward, sure. they are also catchy & heavy. not every death metal band needs to sound like Nile.

Amen.

Same reason I like Bolt Thrower.

Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Number of posts : 937

SIX FEET UNDER Empty
PostSubject: Re: SIX FEET UNDER   SIX FEET UNDER Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 3:16 am

They're awesome. Simple and to the point. 🤘
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

SIX FEET UNDER Empty
PostSubject: Re: SIX FEET UNDER   SIX FEET UNDER Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 4:18 am

Like them alot. You kind of know already what your getting from them even before you hear a new CD from them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

SIX FEET UNDER Empty
PostSubject: Re: SIX FEET UNDER   SIX FEET UNDER Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 9:47 am

I like the music, but I never have been able to get into chris barnes vocals.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

SIX FEET UNDER Empty
PostSubject: Re: SIX FEET UNDER   SIX FEET UNDER Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 4:56 pm

I like them a good bit. They have a good groove to their sound which easily gets stuck in your head. Warpath is my favorite release.
Back to top Go down
chucksteak
Metal student
Metal student
chucksteak

Number of posts : 133

SIX FEET UNDER Empty
PostSubject: Re: SIX FEET UNDER   SIX FEET UNDER Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 9:16 pm

Haven't heard them since the maximum Violence album. That one by far was my favorite of the first three. Another band I just lost track of.

That album is killer and most worthy of owning!
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

SIX FEET UNDER Empty
PostSubject: Re: SIX FEET UNDER   SIX FEET UNDER Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 9:18 pm

I like Six Feet Under and I think Chris Barnes vocals work better with these band than when he was in Cannibal Corpse.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

SIX FEET UNDER Empty
PostSubject: Re: SIX FEET UNDER   SIX FEET UNDER Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 8:51 am

Just picked up True Carnage. While I have grown bored with most death metal over the years, I still really love this band. They incorporate groove and a lot of old school metal into their sound. I also like Chris' mix of deep gutteral growls and high pitched shrieks.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

SIX FEET UNDER Empty
PostSubject: Re: SIX FEET UNDER   SIX FEET UNDER Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 9:24 am

I think these guys are about to release another "Graveyard Classics" volume of cover songs.

Someone gave me a copy of their first "G.C." years ago...ummm, not my thing. They have good taste in covers/influences but I sold that thing off pretty quick. I think the used CD store gave me $5 credit for it since it was still a fairly new release at the time. Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

SIX FEET UNDER Empty
PostSubject: Re: SIX FEET UNDER   SIX FEET UNDER Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 9:57 am

I really like SFU's cover songs. There is something amusing about them IMO. They just take the songs and make the SFU songs. That's how I like cover albums to be.

SIX FEET UNDER Empty
PostSubject: Re: SIX FEET UNDER   SIX FEET UNDER Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SIX FEET UNDER
Page 1 of 1