Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Honeymoon Suite

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Honeymoon Suite Empty
PostSubject: Honeymoon Suite   Honeymoon Suite Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 2:05 pm

Is this band worth checking out? I saw their Racing After Midnight album yesterday in the used bin for $2.99. They looked a bunch of Flock of Seagulls rejects, but it seemed like a rock album. The theme song from Lethal Weapon was on it, though, and I don't remember anything particularly rockin' about that movie. So I just checked that video out and it's pretty homoliscious. Some other videos sounded cool, though.

Verdict? Should I pick it up?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Honeymoon Suite Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honeymoon Suite   Honeymoon Suite Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 2:14 pm

I never heard of these guys, but every so often, the "hair metal" channel on sattelite radio plays a song by them. I assume it was their only "hit". I can't remember the song right now, but if I saw the title, I might recognize it. Nothing out of the ordinary from that genre I guess. I'd say purchase at your own risk.

EDIT: The single was 'New Girl Now'. And here's some additional info:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honeymoon_Suite

I didn't read the whole thing, but they were/are a hard rock band from Canada, so I'll go ahead and assume most of their songs are aboot hockey, back bacon and maple syrup, eh.

Honeymoon Suite Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honeymoon Suite   Honeymoon Suite Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 2:28 pm

Ugh...I know that "New Girl Now" song. Wicked catchy, but dammit if it's not one of those you've heard so much you sort of hate it.

I checked Wikipedia before, but I don't know. Maybe not for me, but maybe someone else here would dig it? Seems they're in demand at SwapaCD.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Honeymoon Suite Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honeymoon Suite   Honeymoon Suite Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 2:35 pm

They seem to be one of those bands that pop-up on any kind of 80's hair metal compilations, along side 'Talk Dirty to Me' and 'Round & Round'.

Honeymoon Suite Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honeymoon Suite   Honeymoon Suite Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 5:08 pm

Eye, pick it up. If you don't like it, I'll trade you something for it.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Honeymoon Suite Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honeymoon Suite   Honeymoon Suite Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 8:14 pm

I have the Honeymoon Suite Best Of comp.

That's really all any fan of 80s bands needs IMO.

Metal student
Metal student
HellRaiser

Number of posts : 242

Honeymoon Suite Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honeymoon Suite   Honeymoon Suite Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 2:57 pm

Mainstream 80s pop-hard rockers - if that sort of stuff floats your boat, this band does it pretty well. I don't know if I'd call 'em hair metal - they're a lot more light and keyboard-ey (a poppier Autograph maybe?).

Racing After Midnight is the 'hardest rocking' of their 80s albums, yet for some reason I don't like it as much as their first two.

Good band though
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

Honeymoon Suite Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honeymoon Suite   Honeymoon Suite Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 5:40 pm

They're good, Eye...

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

Honeymoon Suite Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honeymoon Suite   Honeymoon Suite Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 5:46 pm

I like this band Eyesore. Their biggest song is easily "Feel It Again" (1986), I always thought it was an awesome song. The video on the other hand has to be the biggest/cheapest piece of crap ever mustered up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKseD4J9RxA
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Honeymoon Suite Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honeymoon Suite   Honeymoon Suite Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 7:36 pm

metalinmyveins wrote:
I like this band Eyesore. Their biggest song is easily "Feel It Again" (1986), I always thought it was an awesome song. The video on the other hand has to be the biggest/cheapest piece of crap ever mustered up.

Really? I think they're most noted for "New Girl Now".

Honeymoon Suite Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honeymoon Suite   Honeymoon Suite Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Honeymoon Suite
Page 1 of 1