Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

GET THRASHED ANNOUNCEMENT

Go down 
+10
sovdat
mr.electric39
Lurideath
Thrasher73
Required Fields
zombiewalkin
mc666
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

GET THRASHED ANNOUNCEMENT Empty
PostSubject: GET THRASHED ANNOUNCEMENT   GET THRASHED ANNOUNCEMENT Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2007 10:39 am

Quote :
PFor Immediate Release
May 2, 2007

MAKERS OF GET THRASHED AND ZETRO SOUZA ON HAND
FOR L.A. SCREENING AT SILVER LAKE FILM FESTIVAL

Director Rick Ernst and Associate Producer Rat Skates will attend the West Coast premiere of Get Thrashed: The Story Of Thrash Metal at the Silver Lake Film Festival in Los Angeles on Saturday, May 5.

After the screening, there will be a question and answer session with Ernst, Skates, as well as former Exodus vocalist Zetro Souza. Members and ex- members of Anthrax, Testament, Dark Angel and other influential thrash artists are scheduled to attend the West Coast Premiere.

"I'm so excited to be a part of Get Thrashed,” said former Exodus vocalist Zetro Souza. “There’s finally a film that makes you feel a part of that magic time. The LA screening is going to be a blast. I’m psyched to see the film, interact with the fans and catch up with old friends."

Due to the increasing buzz about the film, and considering that Los Angeles is one of the cities that played a big role in the birth of thrash, the film has been moved to a larger room in the Los Feliz 3 Theatre.

"I’m very proud of our work on this movie," said associate producer Rat Skates. "Just like the bands in this film believed in their music and the genre they created, Rick and I had a similar belief and that die-hard attitude in doing something so involved like Get Thrashed. After all of the insanely difficult hurdles that had to be jumped to make this film happen, it makes it that much cooler to see the final product. Our movement was the most significant building block in what metal is today. This is definitely an essential learning tool for the new school. It's a step back in time to look at the overall landscape of the scene we created.”

Skates, founding drummer of '80s thrash band Overkill, has been involved in the filmmaking industry with his own company Kundrat Productions since 1999, producing a wide variety of projects from corporate advertising and television commercials to the performing arts. His recent projects include Get Thrashed (Associate Producer) and Producer of the newly released autobiographical documentary Born In The Basement.

Get Thrashed: The Story of Thrash Metal recently took home awards for "Best Documentary" and "Best Soundtrack" at the Backseat Film Festival in Philadelphia.

The film will screen on Saturday night, May 5th, at 11:45 pm at the Los Feliz 3 Theatre located at 1822 North Vermont Avenue, LA, CA 90027. Tickets are $11.00 and can be purchased online at www.silverlakefilmfestival.org or by calling 1-800-838-3006.

www.getthrashed.com

www.silverlakefimfestival.org
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: GET THRASHED ANNOUNCEMENT   GET THRASHED ANNOUNCEMENT Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2007 10:44 am

This movie sounds like it will be SO much fun. Is it ever going to get a wide release, or is it only doing the film festival circuit before it goes to DVD? I have a feeling this will blow "Metal: A Headbanger's Journey" out of the water!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: GET THRASHED ANNOUNCEMENT   GET THRASHED ANNOUNCEMENT Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2007 11:07 am

They had a premier in Philadelphia about a month ago. Unfortunatley for me, I read about it the day AFTER. I would have liked to seen it.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: GET THRASHED ANNOUNCEMENT   GET THRASHED ANNOUNCEMENT Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2007 11:20 am

i read this on Blabbermouth already.

i wish these stupid documentarys would die already.

zombiewalkin
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
zombiewalkin

Number of posts : 292

PostSubject: Re: GET THRASHED ANNOUNCEMENT   GET THRASHED ANNOUNCEMENT Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2007 11:22 am

I would love to see this! I always wondered what Rat Skates might be up to....now I know!
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: GET THRASHED ANNOUNCEMENT   GET THRASHED ANNOUNCEMENT Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2007 11:25 am

I can't wait to see this.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: GET THRASHED ANNOUNCEMENT   GET THRASHED ANNOUNCEMENT Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2007 11:54 am

Sounds interesting
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GET THRASHED ANNOUNCEMENT   GET THRASHED ANNOUNCEMENT Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2007 7:54 am

Go ahead and get this out of the way:

*ahem* - "Why did the interview Kittie, In Flames, Stone Sour, & Superjoint Ritual!! They don't know anything about Thrash!!!"
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: GET THRASHED ANNOUNCEMENT   GET THRASHED ANNOUNCEMENT Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2007 10:55 am

When will this be available on DVD already? Pissing me off!!
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: GET THRASHED ANNOUNCEMENT   GET THRASHED ANNOUNCEMENT Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2007 10:12 pm

Curious... Did they have a premier in San Francisco.... Gee only Metallica, Death Angel, Testament, Exodus, Violence, Forbidden are from here !!!

just curious.
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: GET THRASHED ANNOUNCEMENT   GET THRASHED ANNOUNCEMENT Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2007 10:38 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Go ahead and get this out of the way:

*ahem* - "Why did the interview Kittie, In Flames, Stone Sour, & Superjoint Ritual!! They don't know anything about Thrash!!!"
just because they do not play it, does not mean they are not thrash fans.

sovdat
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

PostSubject: Re: GET THRASHED ANNOUNCEMENT   GET THRASHED ANNOUNCEMENT Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2007 7:27 am

It certainly can't be worse than that Metal : A Headbangers Journey.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: GET THRASHED ANNOUNCEMENT   GET THRASHED ANNOUNCEMENT Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2007 1:30 pm

The Los Feliz Theater is about 5 miles from where I live. Sweet!!!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: GET THRASHED ANNOUNCEMENT   GET THRASHED ANNOUNCEMENT Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 11:26 am

So is this damn thing out on DVD yet?? Last I heard the release was supposed to be May of '08...

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
sovdat
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

PostSubject: Re: GET THRASHED ANNOUNCEMENT   GET THRASHED ANNOUNCEMENT Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 12:38 pm

It will be out the day after Chinese Democracy Smile
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: GET THRASHED ANNOUNCEMENT   GET THRASHED ANNOUNCEMENT Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 12:39 pm

sovdat wrote:

I'm starting to get that feeling!!

Seriously, for a while Blabbermouth ran updates on the progress of this movie seemingly twice a day. Then suddenly, nothing has been posted about it for a while now. The last I had heard was that it was due on DVD in May, now we're in June and there's still no info!! Mad

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: GET THRASHED ANNOUNCEMENT   GET THRASHED ANNOUNCEMENT Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 3:24 pm

sovdat wrote:

lol!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: GET THRASHED ANNOUNCEMENT   GET THRASHED ANNOUNCEMENT Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 2:13 pm

Looks like "Get Thrashed" finally has a DVD release date... 'bout frickin' TIME!!!

'Get Thrashed: The Story Of Thrash Metal' DVD Release Date Announced - July 10, 2008

Lightyear Entertainment will release of the award-winning and critically acclaimed music documentary "Get Thrashed: The Story of Thrash Metal" on September 16, 2008. The film covers the evolution, cultural impact, and musical influence of thrash metal , an extreme form of heavy metal which burst on to the scene in the early-to-mid-1980s. Told first-hand by members of bands such as METALLICA, MEGADETH, SLAYER and ANTHRAX, as well as using raw, original show footage, writer/director Rick Ernst (MTV, VH1) demonstrates how and why many of these bands emerged from playing local parties and small clubs to headlining major arenas and stadiums. The film is a roller coaster ride of extreme music and personalities, starting with the most famous thrash metal pioneers METALLICA and highlighting other genre defining bands like MEGADETH, SLAYER, EXODUS and more. The documentary features interviews with over 50 artists, including past and current members of METALLICA, MEGADETH, ANTHRAX, SLAYER, PANTERA, EXODUS, LAMB OF GOD, TESTAMENT, SHADOWS FALL, IN FLAMES, KREATOR, DESTRUCTION, HATEBREED and many more. The artists discuss the groundbreaking music of the thrash metal scene, the culture surrounding it and includes raw, live concert footage depicting mosh pits, stage diving, head-banging, partying and the over-the-top antics that went along with the thrash metal movement. The movie breaks down how the thrash metal scene grew from its DIY beginnings in Los Angeles and San Francisco, then reached the East Coast, conquered Europe, and even took root in countries like Brazil and Australia. "Get Thrashed" highlights the similarities and differences in each region while illustrating how the seeds that were planted by thrash metal gave rise to the modern day breed of extreme heavy metal and hard rock. The film features wall-to-wall music from METALLICA, MEGADETH, PANTERA, SLAYER, ANTHRAX, EXODUS, SUICIDAL TENDENCIES and many more, and contains over 90 minutes of bonus footage, featuring thrash scenes and bands from around the world. The DVD offers more than three hours of content, including director's commentary by Rick Ernst and associate producer Rat Skates (ex-OVERKILL drummer), plus liner notes from legendary EXODUS guitarist Gary Holt.

Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: GET THRASHED ANNOUNCEMENT   GET THRASHED ANNOUNCEMENT Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 2:17 pm

Finally!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: GET THRASHED ANNOUNCEMENT   GET THRASHED ANNOUNCEMENT Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 2:30 pm

GET THRASHED ANNOUNCEMENT 2656190062_3fa67c916f_o

Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: GET THRASHED ANNOUNCEMENT   GET THRASHED ANNOUNCEMENT Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 2:44 pm

Damn, still a few months away, but I'm glad it finally has a release date!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: GET THRASHED ANNOUNCEMENT   GET THRASHED ANNOUNCEMENT Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 2:45 pm

I love that tag line ("Everybody had a good time... even if they were bleeding")!

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: GET THRASHED ANNOUNCEMENT   GET THRASHED ANNOUNCEMENT Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 9:17 am

So... is this damn thing really out now? Anybody seen it yet?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GET THRASHED ANNOUNCEMENT   GET THRASHED ANNOUNCEMENT Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 9:21 am

They have it on Netflix, so yes its out. I haven't added it to my queue yet.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: GET THRASHED ANNOUNCEMENT   GET THRASHED ANNOUNCEMENT Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 10:09 am

You can buy it on Amazon for $13.99 brand new, but I have not ordered it yet.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GET THRASHED ANNOUNCEMENT   GET THRASHED ANNOUNCEMENT Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next