Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Get Thrashed news...

Go down 
+4
Required Fields
KissinMaiden
mc666
ultmetal
8 posters
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Get Thrashed news... Empty
PostSubject: Get Thrashed news...   Get Thrashed news... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2007 12:36 pm

Quote :
Publicity: Destroy All Public Relations

For Immediate Release
August 29, 2007

GET THRASHED: THE STORY OF THRASH METAL- WINS TWO AWARDS AT NY FILM FESTIVAL - SCREENINGS IN ARIZONA AND BELGIUM ANNOUNCED

TRENTON- The makers of Get Thrashed: The Story Of Thrash Metal are proud to announce two September screenings – Saturday, September 1 at the Tucson Film And Music Festival and Friday, September 7 in Antwerp, Belgium.

Get Thrashed: The Story Of Thrash Metal recently received awards for Best Music Documentary and the Founder’s Choice Award for Best Director at the New York International Independent Film and Video Festival, held in July 2007.

“Get Thrashed is having an incredible run on the film festival circuit and it's truly gratifying to be recognized by fans and festivals for all the hard work that went into making the movie,” said Director Rick Ernst. “I'm excited that we're able to bring the documentary to thrash fans in Arizona - home of awesome bands like Flotsam & Jetsam, Sacred Reich, Atrophy and others; and I’m also stoked about our European dates, the first of which is in Belgium, home of the legendary Graspop Festival.”

Get Thrashed: The Story Of Thrash Metal will conclude its festival circuit tour in late September with screenings at the Oldenberg International Film Festival in Germany, Athens International Film Festival in Greece, as well as screenings Paris and several US East Coast film festivals.

The Tucson, AZ screening of Get Thrashed: The Story Of Thrash Metal will be Saturday, September 1 at 7:30 pm at the Rialto Theatre (318 E. Congress St. Tucson AZ 85701). Single admission tickets are $5 and are available at the Rialto Box Office on the day of the show.

The Antwerp, Belgium screening will be on Friday, September 7 at Schouwburg Cultuurcentrum Luchtbal (Columbiastraat 8 – 2030, Antwerp, Belgium. phone 03 543 90 30). Tickets are 3 EU in advance and 5 EU the day of show. Director Rick Ernst will be at the screening to introduce the film and for a Q & A before it begins.

http://www.getthrashed.com
http://www.rialtotheatre.com
http://www.ccluchtbal.org/

Destroy All Public Relations
Chris Bade
Email: destroyallpr@aol.com
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Get Thrashed news...   Get Thrashed news... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2007 12:44 pm

good for them

KissinMaiden
Metal master
Metal master
KissinMaiden

Number of posts : 688

PostSubject: Re: Get Thrashed news...   Get Thrashed news... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2007 12:49 pm

I saw this when it screened in Jersey, it was pretty cool.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Get Thrashed news...   Get Thrashed news... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2007 12:52 pm

I gotta admit, that trailor gave me shivvers! This is one dvd I will pre-order.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Get Thrashed news...   Get Thrashed news... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2007 1:02 pm

That's cool. When is the DVD supposed to come out?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Get Thrashed news...   Get Thrashed news... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2007 1:17 pm

AcK is from Tuscon. He may be able to catch it.

I'd probably buy the DVD as well.

ult
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Get Thrashed news...   Get Thrashed news... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2007 1:25 pm

KissinMaiden wrote:

WHAT?? Where did they screen this in Jersey?? How did I miss it??

And when the heck is the DVD coming out anyway??
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Get Thrashed news...   Get Thrashed news... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2007 1:47 pm

Yeah, when the heck is the DVD out?

PostSubject: Re: Get Thrashed news...   Get Thrashed news... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2007 5:32 pm

website says early '08
Back to top Go down
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

PostSubject: Re: Get Thrashed news...   Get Thrashed news... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2007 6:24 pm

ultmetal wrote:

ult

Bah! I actually got an invitation on Myspace to go to the showing. But it's this Saturday, on my wedding anniversary! My wife said she would let me go as a present, but I am not sure I want to go do something like that instead of being with her.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Get Thrashed news...   Get Thrashed news... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2007 7:03 pm

AchrisK wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

ult

Bah! I actually got an invitation on Myspace to go to the showing. But it's this Saturday, on my wedding anniversary! My wife said she would let me go as a present, but I am not sure I want to go do something like that instead of being with her.

Hmmm sex with the wife or a thrash documentary. scratch
Back to top Go down
KissinMaiden
Metal master
Metal master
KissinMaiden

Number of posts : 688

PostSubject: Re: Get Thrashed news...   Get Thrashed news... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2007 9:07 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
KissinMaiden wrote:

WHAT?? Where did they screen this in Jersey?? How did I miss it??

And when the heck is the DVD coming out anyway??

They had it in hoboken (the one i went to), Staten Island and I think there was one in brooklyn where they had some huge after party or someshit....I think rat skates was in the hoboken one...i didn't have the balls to go up to him and ask him if it was him!!! i should have though Embarassed
Back to top Go down
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

PostSubject: Re: Get Thrashed news...   Get Thrashed news... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 12:42 am

ultmetal wrote:
Hmmm sex with the wife or a thrash documentary. scratch

Just sit in the back and maybe you can do both? happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Get Thrashed news...   Get Thrashed news... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Get Thrashed news...
Page 1 of 1