Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Excalion - Little known but great band

Go down 
+3
Wargod
Olafsto
scottmitchell74
7 posters
AuthorMessage
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

Excalion - Little known but great band Empty
PostSubject: Excalion - Little known but great band   Excalion - Little known but great band Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 1:41 pm

Anyone else into this band?

Excalion - Waterlines

This is an excellent melodic/powermetal album with what I consider well above average vocals.
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: Excalion - Little known but great band   Excalion - Little known but great band Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 2:12 pm

Sounds great!
Finland is the home of a LOT of quality bands in this genre..
Here is a link to their Myspace page:
http://www.myspace.com/excalion
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Excalion - Little known but great band   Excalion - Little known but great band Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 7:01 pm

Yup great band that is really unknown!

Wargod49
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Excalion - Little known but great band   Excalion - Little known but great band Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 7:26 pm

I have the one before Waterlines ("Primal Exhale").

Took it to work to listen to it about 3 years ago and it still resides in the dark corners of a desk drawer somewhere in my cube.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Excalion - Little known but great band   Excalion - Little known but great band Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 8:38 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I have the one before Waterlines ("Primal Exhale").

Took it to work to listen to it about 3 years ago and it still resides in the dark corners of a desk drawer somewhere in my cube.

Hmmm go figure ha ha!

Wargod49
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Excalion - Little known but great band   Excalion - Little known but great band Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 9:05 pm

Awesome band and one I listen to often.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Excalion - Little known but great band   Excalion - Little known but great band Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 10:19 pm

Been listening to their new one - High Times - on youtube to see if I want it.

I do. This is a very good follow up to the amazing Waterlines.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWGmeADaNCk&feature=related
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: Excalion - Little known but great band   Excalion - Little known but great band Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 4:38 pm

How is HT compared to WL?
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Excalion - Little known but great band   Excalion - Little known but great band Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 10:28 am

7thSaviour wrote:
How is HT compared to WL?

I think Waterlines grabbed me more on the first few listens. Hightime took a few spins but its an amazing melodic/power metal album. The songwriting is there but there isnt that one song that really stood out as a masterpiece like DELTA SUNRISE which IMO is one of the greatest power metal songs to date.

The guitar playing on High Times seems to take a back seat which to me is a bad idea because Vesa Nupponen is an amazing player and his sound should be upfront IMO. Also I have noticed a lot more keyboards in the mix this time around. All in all this album has great potential and will take a few more spins for me to start separating the tracks.

Waterlines to me will always be Excalions masterpiece and will be tough to beat.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Excalion - Little known but great band   Excalion - Little known but great band Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 11:46 am

How did this one get moved here already? The point of this forum baffles me. Haha.

Anyway, I have Primal Exhale and think it's great. Nothing groundbreaking, but very good power metal.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Excalion - Little known but great band   Excalion - Little known but great band Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 11:49 am

Eyesore wrote:
How did this one get moved here already? The point of this forum baffles me. Haha.

Anyway, I have Primal Exhale and think it's great. Nothing groundbreaking, but very good power metal.

EYESORE you should def pick up Waterlines if you find it at a reasonable price. The difference in the two is amazing.

EDIT: Also this is here because its 2010 and it was started Feb 09'
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Excalion - Little known but great band   Excalion - Little known but great band Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 12:37 pm

DOH!

I keep forgetting it's 2010. Haha.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Excalion - Little known but great band   Excalion - Little known but great band Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Excalion - Little known but great band
Page 1 of 1