Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Which era of Van Halen is better?

Go down 
+25
Addy
metalken
akeldama
mez
MetalGuy71
DallasBlack
Lurideath
journeyman
DeathCult
shamgar75
thejokeriv
the sentinel
XYZ
stepcousin
mc666
MetalRob331
sam
manny
Fat Freddy
iamrockerfun
bgast1
ultmetal
Schbopo
chucksteak
fingers
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Which era of Van Halen is better? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which era of Van Halen is better?   Which era of Van Halen is better? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 9:22 pm

I like both eras, but I'm partial to the DLR years. Someone once said (probably Diamond Dave himself) "Van Hagar is the stuff you listen to when your going to a party. David Lee Roth with Van Halen IS the party". That sums it up good enough for me.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
mez

Number of posts : 375

PostSubject: Re: Which era of Van Halen is better?   Which era of Van Halen is better? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 8:33 pm

Both are great but I like Van Hagar best.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Which era of Van Halen is better?   Which era of Van Halen is better? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 8:42 pm

Van Hagar all the way. I prefer Hagar's more mature lyrics.
Although I agree that the first 4 are classics. I prefer the Roth era musically though.
Back to top Go down
metalken
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 819

PostSubject: Re: Which era of Van Halen is better?   Which era of Van Halen is better? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 12:56 pm

WHAT!!! No votes for the Cherone era Shocked Laughing very hard .

Like some of you here, I divide even the Roth era into two, the first four and then Diver Down & 1984. Caught them on the Fair Warning tour in '81 and was blown away. Oh, the first four albums were my favorite era.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Which era of Van Halen is better?   Which era of Van Halen is better? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 12:59 pm

[quote="metalken"]WHAT!!! No votes for the Cherone era Shocked Laughing very hard .

Don't you mean the Gary Cherone error
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Which era of Van Halen is better?   Which era of Van Halen is better? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 6:57 pm

I like a few songs from the Sammy era

but DLR is where its at
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Sabbath In Solitude
Metal novice
Metal novice
Sabbath In Solitude

Number of posts : 79

PostSubject: Re: Which era of Van Halen is better?   Which era of Van Halen is better? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 12:53 pm

This thread,like the Aerosmith thread, just represents the good times,back when I was blissfully unaware of the truth of the world.Man,I used to drive my neighbors crazy with VH I,VH II,and Diver Down Smile .I had a basketball goal over the garage and I would go out just about every night during the week for a couple of hours and blast VH, until I saw a cop car that was, lol! of course after they were gone,I would start again."Runnin With The Devil" was always my "intro" song.......Roth era VH ruled Arlington back then,you would go to school and nearly everyone would be wearing a VH shirt,my hometown truly used to rock !
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sabbsteve aka The Planet Doom
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Which era of Van Halen is better?   Which era of Van Halen is better? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 1:05 pm

They did a Van Halen block on the radio yesterday while I was at work, and the mixed it up with DLR and Hagar era. They followed up Mean Street with Top Of The World and Why Cant This Be Love was thrown in there somewhere. And WOW, I never compared the two eras side by side like that before, but total lack of intesity on the Hagar songs. Doesnt even sound like the same band. Vocal wise, I like DLR a little better, but thats not a big point for me, cause Ive always loved Montrose.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Sabbath In Solitude
Metal novice
Metal novice
Sabbath In Solitude

Number of posts : 79

PostSubject: Re: Which era of Van Halen is better?   Which era of Van Halen is better? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 1:28 pm

Yeah,there really is no comparison IMO,Roth era Van Halen was a phenomenon,can't speak for other cities of course,but in Arlington it was like a rock n roll subculture.Van Halen was it,I made a small bookshelf in woodshop and carved the Van Halen logo into it with a router and my shop teacher didn't even blink.Not sure if you could do that nowadays......
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sabbsteve aka The Planet Doom

PostSubject: Re: Which era of Van Halen is better?   Which era of Van Halen is better? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 5:14 pm

You guys are crazy, Cherone pwned those other two posers. 🤘
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Which era of Van Halen is better?   Which era of Van Halen is better? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 6:06 pm

NumbskullakaNazgul wrote:
You guys are crazy, Cherone pwned those other two posers. 🤘

....seriously?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Which era of Van Halen is better?   Which era of Van Halen is better? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 10:45 pm

Heck no.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Which era of Van Halen is better?   Which era of Van Halen is better? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 10:49 pm

Okay. It was a little hard to tell whether you were serious or not. lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Which era of Van Halen is better?   Which era of Van Halen is better? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 10:50 pm

Sorry, I do that sometimes.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Which era of Van Halen is better?   Which era of Van Halen is better? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 3:30 am

[quote="manny"]
metalken wrote:

lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

Number of posts : 815

PostSubject: Re: Which era of Van Halen is better?   Which era of Van Halen is better? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 1:21 am

[quote="manny"]
metalken wrote:

lol! Yes the ["error"] era most Van Halen fans want to forget about. lol! . I've heard a few songs off that album and I don't mind them but they are very weak as well mostly because they were doing the same thing Def Leppard were doing with their albums Slang and X by trying to be trendy with their sound.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Which era of Van Halen is better?   Which era of Van Halen is better? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 12:20 pm

<----
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: Which era of Van Halen is better?   Which era of Van Halen is better? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 10:56 am

Van Hagar 10/10
Van Roth 9/10
Van Cherone 8/10
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: Which era of Van Halen is better?   Which era of Van Halen is better? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 10:57 am

S wrote:
<----
Which era of Van Halen is better? - Page 2 11840 Which era of Van Halen is better? - Page 2 911681 Which era of Van Halen is better? - Page 2 320592
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Which era of Van Halen is better?   Which era of Van Halen is better? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 11:25 am

Quote :
Van Cherone 8/10

8? That's mighty generous of you. Are you sure you didn't slip and mean to type a 'zero'? Which era of Van Halen is better? - Page 2 Icon_biggrin

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Which era of Van Halen is better?   Which era of Van Halen is better? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 11:42 am

To me, there is always gonna be just ONE Van Halen.

DLR,EVH,AVH, and MA

PostSubject: Re: Which era of Van Halen is better?   Which era of Van Halen is better? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Which era of Van Halen is better?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2