Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Heatwave.....

Go down 
+10
HellRaiser
SAHB Healer
the sentinel
Troublezone
sam
exact33
tohostudios
Lurideath
metalinmyveins
rattpoison
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

Heatwave..... Empty
PostSubject: Heatwave.....   Heatwave..... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 11:50 pm

I'm going to do die, here's the weather forecast for were i live at the moment......

Yesterday - 101 F (38.3 C)
Today - 108.5 F (42.5 C) at the moment
Tomorrow - 109.5 F (43 C)
Thursday - 104 F (40 C)
Friday - 104 F (40 C)
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

Heatwave..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heatwave.....   Heatwave..... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 12:20 am

I've been watching quite a bit of the "Australian Open", so I've seen how bad it has been in the Melbourne area. We've had nothing but temps in the single digits, and below zero where I'm from. Certainly hot weather sucks, but when you get brutally cold weather, it effects everything, including one's vehicle!!!
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Heatwave..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heatwave.....   Heatwave..... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 12:53 am

There going to have to call off the tennis tomorrow, there saying it could it reach 45 C which is like 113 F!
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

Heatwave..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heatwave.....   Heatwave..... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 1:07 am

rattpoison wrote:
There going to have to call off the tennis tomorrow, there saying it could it reach 45 C which is like 113 F!

Well, I saw that they actually closed the roof today in the Serena Williams/Kuznetsova match.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

Heatwave..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heatwave.....   Heatwave..... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 1:56 pm

Hot weather rules! I wish it was 109 here right now. Oh well, got about 2 months left of the 50's and 60's.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Heatwave..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heatwave.....   Heatwave..... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 2:10 pm

I just shovelled 7 inches of snow! No sympathy from me.

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

Heatwave..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heatwave.....   Heatwave..... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 6:52 pm

tohostudios wrote:

i shovelled 4 and he gets no sympathy from me either...

tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Heatwave..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heatwave.....   Heatwave..... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 6:54 pm

The snow is pretty the first day after the storm though.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

Heatwave..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heatwave.....   Heatwave..... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 6:55 pm

exact33 wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

I been dealing with freezing rain all day. angry

global warming my ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

Heatwave..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heatwave.....   Heatwave..... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 7:24 pm

sam wrote:
exact33 wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

I been dealing with freezing rain all day. angry

global warming my ass.

i know! its the coldest winter on record and al gore is telling us its global warming... tell that to my gas bill there al!!!

Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

Heatwave..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heatwave.....   Heatwave..... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 7:33 pm

I hate hot weather.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Heatwave..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heatwave.....   Heatwave..... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 7:40 pm

Troublezone wrote:
I hate hot weather.

Me too.

If you're cold you can always put more on but when you're hot you can only take off so much before you get arrested.

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

Heatwave..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heatwave.....   Heatwave..... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 10:04 pm

We had another 5" of snow here this morning. I took my Dad out for breakfast and when we returned, we started clearing of the cars. Thank God he bought a monster of a snowblower last year as I did our driveway and 3 of my neighbor's. So, no. No sympathy from me either. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Heatwave..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heatwave.....   Heatwave..... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 10:09 pm

"We're having a heat wave, a tropical heat wave..."
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

Heatwave..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heatwave.....   Heatwave..... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 10:56 pm

Quote :
If you're cold you can always put more on but when you're hot you can only take off so much before you get arrested.

That's what i always say as well. Smile
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

Heatwave..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heatwave.....   Heatwave..... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 12:06 am

45 C (113 F). I've never experienced that kind of heat. Of course I had never experienced -39 F (what is that translated into C?) until last week. This proves to me that RP is considerably deeper into Hell than I am right now. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
HellRaiser
Metal student
Metal student
HellRaiser

Number of posts : 242

Heatwave..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heatwave.....   Heatwave..... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 10:15 am

SAHB Healer wrote:
45 C (113 F). I've never experienced that kind of heat. Of course I had never experienced -39 F (what is that translated into C?) until last week. This proves to me that RP is considerably deeper into Hell than I am right now. Twisted Evil

Oddly enough, -39 F translates roughly into -39C. When you start getting around the -35 to
-45 F mark, the values in celsius become similar, before they start spreading out again (-85F is -65C for example).

Around where I live, we've had a couple of weeks (not consecutively) of -35 C temps. It's about -15 C right now.
Back to top Go down

Heatwave..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heatwave.....   Heatwave..... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 10:16 am

It's 29 degrees in central Texas for goodness sakes...hell has frozen over evidently.
Back to top Go down

Heatwave..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heatwave.....   Heatwave..... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 10:18 am

Bartow, FL

Currently:
63°F
Current: Mostly Cloudy
Wind: S at 10 mph
Humidity: 100%
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Heatwave..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heatwave.....   Heatwave..... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 11:16 am

We got our first significant snowfall of the season yesterday. It turned to rain later in the day, so most of it's already melted away. It snowed just enough to make the morning commute a big pain in the arse.

Heatwave..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heatwave.....   Heatwave..... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 2:04 pm

Bartow, FL

Currently:
82°F

Current: Mostly Cloudy
Wind: SW at 17 mph
Humidity: 54%
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Heatwave..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heatwave.....   Heatwave..... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 2:00 am

Today i've been to hell......

I thought it couldn't get worse with the three consecutive days last week that were between 43-45 C (109.4-113 F) but........

Today it's 47 C (116.6 F)! The hottest day on record for this city since records have been kept since 1850!

Worse thing is there's wind and the result has been massive firestorms north of the city, the sky is grey/black. Electricity is cutting off and the trains system is shot due to the rails buckling under heat.
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

Heatwave..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heatwave.....   Heatwave..... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 3:35 am

Saw it on the news here. Crazy, lots of old people dying from the heat.
Kind of hard to imagine as i`m throwing more wood in the oven, and it`s been snowing all night and i have to shovel snow for hours. Strange planet we live on.
Hang in there rattpoison!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Heatwave..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heatwave.....   Heatwave..... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 3:47 am

Olafsto wrote:
Strange planet we live on.

Yeah exactly, the north of the country has got huge flooding at the moment......while down here we couldn't buy a drop of rain, just in the worst drought ever.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

Heatwave..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heatwave.....   Heatwave..... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 11:54 am

rattpoison wrote:

Worse thing is there's wind and the result has been massive firestorms north of the city, the sky is grey/black. Electricity is cutting off and the trains system is shot due to the rails buckling under heat.

I feel for you man.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/template/2.0-0/element/pictureGalleryPopup.jsp?id=5686728&&offset=0&&sectionName=World
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
Sponsored content

Heatwave..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heatwave.....   Heatwave..... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Heatwave.....
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: