Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Jag Panzer update

Go down 
+6
Wargod
MetalGuy71
GrandNational
kmorg
DallasBlack
Fat Freddy
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

Jag Panzer update Empty
PostSubject: Jag Panzer update   Jag Panzer update Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 5:09 pm

Saw this on Blabbermouth today. Sucks to see that they're currently unsigned, hope they get a deal with a semi-decent label that can get this out soon...

JAG PANZER: New Album Title Announced - Jan. 25, 2009

Veteran Colorado power metallers JAG PANZER have set "The Scourge Of Light" as the title of their new album. The band, which is currently unsigned following a lengthy stint with Century Media Records, is scheduled to play the Play It Loud festival in Italy at the end of February and the Rock Hard festival in Germany in late May.

JAG PANZER last year announced the addition of Christian Lasegue as the group's new lead guitarist. Those familiar with the band's "Chain of Command" release will recognize his name as the lead axeman on that album.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Jag Panzer update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jag Panzer update   Jag Panzer update Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 9:28 pm

I hope they get signed too. It's been almost 5 years since Casting The Stones was released. Harry Conklin is one of the best metal singers out there.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Jag Panzer update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jag Panzer update   Jag Panzer update Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 10:08 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if SPV signs them. They seem to do a brisk business picking up all the traditional metal bands that Century Media, Nuclear Blast, etc. casts off (Iced Earth, Helloween, etc.)

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Jag Panzer update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jag Panzer update   Jag Panzer update Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 12:14 pm

I have a reissue of "The Fourth Judgement". I have no idea what label it is on though. Would at least have thought that this label were interested in the band.

Jag Panzer update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jag Panzer update   Jag Panzer update Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 4:52 pm

Great band and good to hear they have new music.
Back to top Go down

Jag Panzer update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jag Panzer update   Jag Panzer update Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 5:10 pm

Sorry for responding to such an old topic, but a friend from a football board is a member here and I just got his note about this thread.

Getting a deal should pose no problem for us. We've got a proven track record and a proven sales record. No, it's not a big sales record by any means, but it's enough to warrant a deal from a label.

We had a good time with Century Media and they really helped us. But they're going the way of Roadrunner, which means more marketable nu-metal type bands. We don't fit that profile, nor do we have any desire to.

The new album is coming along good, but it's a slow process. It's got to be a great album. I'm really proud of Casting the Stones, so the new one (called 'The Scourge of the Light' not 'The Scourge of Light') needs to be better.

Anyone, thanks for the kind words in the above posts. Much appreciated.

Mark Briody
Jag Panzer
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

Jag Panzer update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jag Panzer update   Jag Panzer update Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 5:23 pm

Thanks for the update Mark.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Jag Panzer update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jag Panzer update   Jag Panzer update Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 5:30 pm

Jag Panzer wrote:
Sorry for responding to such an old topic, but a friend from a football board is a member here and I just got his note about this thread.

Getting a deal should pose no problem for us. We've got a proven track record and a proven sales record. No, it's not a big sales record by any means, but it's enough to warrant a deal from a label.

We had a good time with Century Media and they really helped us. But they're going the way of Roadrunner, which means more marketable nu-metal type bands. We don't fit that profile, nor do we have any desire to.

The new album is coming along good, but it's a slow process. It's got to be a great album. I'm really proud of Casting the Stones, so the new one (called 'The Scourge of the Light' not 'The Scourge of Light') needs to be better.

Mark Briody
Jag Panzer

Welcome to the boards. Don't feed the Eyesore.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Jag Panzer update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jag Panzer update   Jag Panzer update Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 6:42 pm

Jag Panzer wrote:

Mark Briody
Jag Panzer

Thanks for stoppin' by, Mark! Y'all come back now, y'hear?? Definitely lookin forward to hearing some new JP stuff in the near future! 🤘

Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Jag Panzer update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jag Panzer update   Jag Panzer update Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 6:23 am

Thanks for stopping by, Mark. Let us now about any progress with your band.

And don't forget to check out my page on Jag Panzer on Metal Metropolis Very Happy

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Jag Panzer update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jag Panzer update   Jag Panzer update Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 9:09 am

Chris from JOP and now Mark from Jag Panzer. This board is full of suprises.

🤘
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

Jag Panzer update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jag Panzer update   Jag Panzer update Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 11:19 am

Yes we need a new Jag Panzer, I remember seeing them with Iced Earth in St. Paul about 5 years back. I thought Jag was incredible even though it was a short set!

Wargod49

NP: Evil Masquerade - Fade To Black
Back to top Go down

Jag Panzer update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jag Panzer update   Jag Panzer update Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 11:07 pm

Hey Mark, thanks for accepting my invite.

Watch out for all the Packer fans here though.
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

Jag Panzer update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jag Panzer update   Jag Panzer update Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 8:18 am

Thanks for the update Mark. Also if you need someone for artwork, I'd love to be able to do some for Jag Panzer!
Back to top Go down

Jag Panzer update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jag Panzer update   Jag Panzer update Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 6:15 pm

Good to hear from you Mark, now hurry up and get the music out. Cool
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

Jag Panzer update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jag Panzer update   Jag Panzer update Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 10:32 am

Casting The Stones 10/10 When's the next disc due out?
Back to top Go down

Jag Panzer update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jag Panzer update   Jag Panzer update Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 10:41 am

4.75/10!
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Jag Panzer update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jag Panzer update   Jag Panzer update Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 10:40 am

SpectreFate wrote:
4.75/10!
Are you not a big fan of JP?
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Jag Panzer update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jag Panzer update   Jag Panzer update Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 12:23 pm

7thSaviour wrote:
SpectreFate wrote:
4.75/10!
Are you not a big fan of JP?

Spec's not a big fan of most modern power metal. I was extremely suprised to find Rhapsody and Blind Guardian on his playlists a while back. The only person who hates bands like that more is Uncle Saxon.
Back to top Go down

Jag Panzer update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jag Panzer update   Jag Panzer update Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 12:35 pm

Modern? Jag Panzer is as Classic Heavy Metal as they come!
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Jag Panzer update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jag Panzer update   Jag Panzer update Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 12:51 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Yeah, but they get lumped in with them all the time even by many around here. You ought to know by now that I know where Jag Panzer really falls. But in the minds of others the are modern power metal.
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Jag Panzer update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jag Panzer update   Jag Panzer update Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 8:53 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
I really like this band, especially Casting The Stones.
Back to top Go down

Jag Panzer update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jag Panzer update   Jag Panzer update Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 1:30 pm

Was listening to Thane To The Throne and was wondering if anything new was happening with these guys. Their website update on July 4th says they're still writing, no word on being signed. They are playing at Headbanger's Open Air in Germany next year which is cool.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Jag Panzer update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jag Panzer update   Jag Panzer update Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 1:33 pm

TheNazgul wrote:
Was listening to Thane To The Throne and was wondering if anything new was happening with these guys. Their website update on July 4th says they're still writing, no word on being signed. They are playing at Headbanger's Open Air in Germany next year which is cool.

Mark Briody (JP guitarist) is one of my "friends" on Facebook... a week or two ago he mentioned there that they were "starting pre-production" on a new CD, for whatever that's worth.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Jag Panzer update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jag Panzer update   Jag Panzer update Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 11:58 am

Mark Briody posted on his Facebook page yesterday that he "has a big recording session with Harry" this weekend. Apparently things are rolling along on a new JP record! He sez Rikard has been recording his drum tracks at his home in Florida while Mark has been doing guitar stuff in Colorado. Now I guess it's Conklin's turn to get to work! Jag Panzer update 11840

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Jag Panzer update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jag Panzer update   Jag Panzer update Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jag Panzer update
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next