Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Question for those in bands...

Go down 
+4
Lurideath
ultmetal
Temple of Blood
Smindas
8 posters
AuthorMessage

Question for those in bands... Empty
PostSubject: Question for those in bands...   Question for those in bands... Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2007 3:57 pm

#1 - Are you playing the exact style of music you want to play? Or are you playing a style you like only because it's what you can find?

#2 - IF you could play ANYTHING you wanted, what would it be?
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Question for those in bands...   Question for those in bands... Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2007 4:14 pm

#1 - there are too many styles of music I want to play, and I think it'd be a bit silly to mix all that in too one band - there needs to be consistency there

#2 - if I had the ability to, I'd love to play some jazz fusion Very Happy

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Question for those in bands...   Question for those in bands... Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2007 5:46 pm

#1 YES
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Question for those in bands...   Question for those in bands... Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2007 6:40 pm

I'd love to play metal, but I can't. I'm a hardcore/punk guitarist. That's my style; that's what I can do. But I simply want to play/create good music, and I think I'm doing that. I've even done some rap songs that I think are good.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Question for those in bands...   Question for those in bands... Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2007 9:47 pm

#1 Yes.

PostSubject: Re: Question for those in bands...   Question for those in bands... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2007 11:11 am

Not in a band yet...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Question for those in bands...   Question for those in bands... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2007 1:07 pm

I suppose I should answer my own questions:

#1 - Are you playing the exact style of music you want to play? Or are you playing a style you like only because it's what you can find?

I have not played exactly what I wanted to play since my first band. ORACLE was exactly where I was musically at the time. Thrash-tinged, somewhat technical Metal w/ clean vocals. Since then, anything I've done out of an impatient desire to do something. I like what I've done...LINE OF FIRE & K-OCTAVE...but neither was what I really wanted to do. Well, LOF was maybe...I set out to make that exact type of record, but that was more out of opportunity than real, heartfelt desire. I had actually made the decision to not play Metal for a while when K-OCTAVE came along...again, opportunity over desire.

If I could assemble people to do the exact thing I wanted to do, it'd be something Doom related. I'd probably stop doing everything else if a Doom band, whose members were on the same page as me, wanted me to join. It would seriously be a dream come true. Something like Solitude Aeturnus, Katatonia, etc. I've never pursued it seriously because I always felt like those people just didn't exist around here....so I just did what came along.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Question for those in bands...   Question for those in bands... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2007 2:25 pm

Shawn, what if another band in the same style as Oracle came along?
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Question for those in bands...   Question for those in bands... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2007 2:38 pm

I am playing what I want to play. I couldn't have asked for better than what things are now.

Other than what I am playing, I'd probably do classic type metal ala Grim Reaper.
Back to top Go down
caniplaywithmadness?
Metal master
Metal master
caniplaywithmadness?

Number of posts : 515

PostSubject: Re: Question for those in bands...   Question for those in bands... Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2007 4:35 am

#1 yeah, i'm in a metal band and we're now writing originals. we play classic metal with thrash overtones like iced earth

#2 exactly what i'm doing Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Question for those in bands...   Question for those in bands... Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2007 7:37 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
Shawn, what if another band in the same style as Oracle came along?

Hard to say. It would be very tempting. But it hasn't happened yet. When I was in ORACLE, that was THE time I was playing exactly what I wanted to play so I think if a band came along that was playing in that style, I'd find it hard to pass up.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Question for those in bands...   Question for those in bands... Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2007 8:09 am

#1-when I was playing in a band I was playing exactly what I wanted to,I loved it.We were a Thrash band

#2-I found that I also wanted to play mellower music along the lines of Styx or something
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Question for those in bands...   Question for those in bands... Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2007 1:39 pm

I'm a little surprise, Shawn. I really thought LOF was THE thing for you. You're such a good singer for such a band. But hey, as long as you sing something, I'll be content! Smile

PostSubject: Re: Question for those in bands...   Question for those in bands... Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2007 2:09 pm

kmorg wrote:
I'm a little surprise, Shawn. I really thought LOF was THE thing for you. You're such a good singer for such a band. But hey, as long as you sing something, I'll be content! Smile

It fits well...and I do like it...but it's not my "heart"...ya know?

Thanks dude! 🤘
Back to top Go down
zombiewalkin
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
zombiewalkin

Number of posts : 292

PostSubject: Re: Question for those in bands...   Question for those in bands... Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2007 2:36 pm

#1 - Are you playing the exact style of music
you want to play? Or are you playing a style you like only because it's
what you can find?

I like to play metal. Whether it is melodic heaviness like old school Queensryche or something thrashy like old school Exodus and Testament. Hell I like playing "hair metal" just because it is fun to get a little bluesy based rock. I dont think I feel trapped or it is all I can find.

Anything? One day I want to put together a horror punk band. Kinda like Misfits.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question for those in bands...   Question for those in bands... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Question for those in bands...
Page 1 of 1