Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Question About Bands

Go down 
+5
jettafiend
ultmetal
BearOnUnicycle
Dark Horseman
speed101
9 posters
AuthorMessage
speed101
Metal master
Metal master
speed101

Number of posts : 516

Question About Bands Empty
PostSubject: Question About Bands   Question About Bands Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2012 11:57 am

Hi i have dozens of bands listed that havent put out anything new in 5,10,and even 15 years.Would a band still be together if even they havent put a new album out in that long a time?Hope this doesnt sound like a stupic question.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Question About Bands   Question About Bands Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2012 12:00 pm

If they're touring i'd say yes.
Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: Question About Bands   Question About Bands Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2012 3:54 pm

There are some bands like Lethal, Heir Apparent, which are kinda there, but haven't done literally anything.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Question About Bands   Question About Bands Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2012 4:05 pm

I guess that would depend on the band. For example, Ultimatum put out an album in 2000. We didn't put out another album until 2005, but during all that time we still practiced regularly, performed, recorded demos, etc. We were definitely still a band.

Other bands, however, just break up or only get together infrequently. Recon put out one album back in the early 90's. They pretty much broke up after that but they did get back together over the years for one-off gigs but never recorded another CD. All in all, they aren't still together.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

Number of posts : 1137

PostSubject: Re: Question About Bands   Question About Bands Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2012 4:08 pm

Until officially called quits by the band I would say yes. A recent example of this is Sacred Warrior hitting the studio after 20+ years of nada. Undercover is another band that Would fall into this category because they have not done anything in a very long time but still identify themselves as a band.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Question About Bands   Question About Bands Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2012 5:42 pm

Just check their sites to see what their status is or email them. I wouldn't assume anything.
Back to top Go down
speed101
Metal master
Metal master
speed101

Number of posts : 516

PostSubject: Re: Question About Bands   Question About Bands Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 7:56 am

Yeah i have some that havent put out anything since 1995 and 2000 but still listed as together.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Question About Bands   Question About Bands Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 12:09 pm

Just like no one ever truly "dies" in comic books, no band ever truly "breaks up." They're just in suspended animation till the inevitable "reunion," even if it's only one original member and a bunch of replacement dudes.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Question About Bands   Question About Bands Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 3:42 pm

Sad thing is the economics of the music business is what ends most bands these days. Of course I guess that has always been the case. Just today it is an even rougher road to carry on. Good on those who try to keep going.

In my view if there are members and music is being played (in any form) then they're a band.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Question About Bands   Question About Bands Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 3:47 pm

Today underground bands like CAULDRON or SKULL FIST from Canada can tour EUROPE. Before in the 80s, could a underground band like BLITZKRIEG (USA), D.C LACROIX or STONE VENGEANCE tour Europe??? I dont think so. Thanks to internet a lot of very small demo/first cd bands can play in other countries. Cool for them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question About Bands   Question About Bands Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Question About Bands
Page 1 of 1