Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

When Is Enough...Enough?

Go down 
+5
SAHB Healer
Thrasher73
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
manny
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

When Is Enough...Enough? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: When Is Enough...Enough?   When Is Enough...Enough? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 9:29 pm

Eyesore wrote:

Chesterfield Kings, The - The Mindbending Sounds Of...

Way cool Eye, one of my fave records from this stinky millennium.......by the way you're sick or something! Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When Is Enough...Enough?   When Is Enough...Enough? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 9:43 pm

rattpoison wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Way cool Eye, one of my fave records from this stinky millennium.......by the way you're sick or something! Laughing
I saw another disc by them yesterday, but it was $17.99. Shocked The other one I bought was $11.99, but I had a 40% off coupon. Apparently these dudes command a higher price, which is odd considering I'd never heard of them until I saw that first disc.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: When Is Enough...Enough?   When Is Enough...Enough? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 9:59 pm

Eyesore wrote:
rattpoison wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

I saw another disc by them yesterday, but it was $17.99. Shocked The other one I bought was $11.99, but I had a 40% off coupon. Apparently these dudes command a higher price, which is odd considering I'd never heard of them until I saw that first disc.

The Chester's have been around since '79 or something........kicked off that whole 60's Garage/Psych Rock Revival scene in the 80's along with the Fuzztones, Lyres, Fleshtones etc.

The one you've got used to go for big money on ebay, even not long after it was released.......but then Little Steven got in on the act and reissued it when they released their newy Psychedelic Sunrise in '07. Their classic in my book is Stop! (1985).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When Is Enough...Enough?   When Is Enough...Enough? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 1:26 am

I went through about 10 years of buying jazz CDs, vinyl, trading CDRs of out of print material, etc. I lost track somewhere around the 5000 mark. It was almost more research than anything else.

At some point a few years ago I realized that I had discs that I had only played once and then had sat in boxes for years. I decided that was a pretty much a waste...and since so many items were out of print (jazz CDs usually only stay in print for about 2 years unless it's a huge name artist), I started to weed out the collection and sell them on jazz bulletin boards and eBay.

There are still plenty of jazz CDs that come out every month, but since I'm still working my way through the discs I already own I almost never purchase any. It's not that I no longer want to purchase them...but all the clutter has really started to bother me recently. So I'm still in purge mode except for the titles that I really feel are exceptional.

I also stopped collecting movies a few years ago as well, decided it was a waste of money to buy something and then have it sit on the shelf for two years until I felt like watching it again. So now I just rent stuff from Netflix, watch it and move on.

Of course I used to have alot of disposable income, now I barely have any, so that precipitated some of that behavioral shift...but I no longer feel the "need" to acquire EVERYTHING that comes out. I've gotten incredibly selective about what I really need to have in my life.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When Is Enough...Enough?   When Is Enough...Enough? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 1:30 am

rattpoison wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
rattpoison wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

The Chester's have been around since '79 or something........kicked off that whole 60's Garage/Psych Rock Revival scene in the 80's along with the Fuzztones, Lyres, Fleshtones etc.

The one you've got used to go for big money on ebay, even not long after it was released.......but then Little Steven got in on the act and reissued it when they released their newy Psychedelic Sunrise in '07. Their classic in my book is Stop! (1985).
Really? Man...I thought they were a newer band. Haha.

Psychadelic Sunrise is the one I saw yesterday.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When Is Enough...Enough?   When Is Enough...Enough? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 1:35 am

detuned wrote:
I went through about 10 years of buying jazz CDs, vinyl, trading CDRs of out of print material, etc. I lost track somewhere around the 5000 mark. It was almost more research than anything else.

At some point a few years ago I realized that I had discs that I had only played once and then had sat in boxes for years. I decided that was a pretty much a waste...and since so many items were out of print (jazz CDs usually only stay in print for about 2 years unless it's a huge name artist), I started to weed out the collection and sell them on jazz bulletin boards and eBay.

There are still plenty of jazz CDs that come out every month, but since I'm still working my way through the discs I already own I almost never purchase any. It's not that I no longer want to purchase them...but all the clutter has really started to bother me recently. So I'm still in purge mode except for the titles that I really feel are exceptional.

I also stopped collecting movies a few years ago as well, decided it was a waste of money to buy something and then have it sit on the shelf for two years until I felt like watching it again. So now I just rent stuff from Netflix, watch it and move on.

Of course I used to have alot of disposable income, now I barely have any, so that precipitated some of that behavioral shift...but I no longer feel the "need" to acquire EVERYTHING that comes out. I've gotten incredibly selective about what I really need to have in my life.
I have pretty much gotten rid of all the CDs I just don't enjoy much. I still have a lot, but they're these random bands plucked from used bins ages ago, bands you can't find one mention of online, you know. I'd throw them out, but who knows, maybe someday I'll like what I hear.

Right now I'm just exploiting the used bins and this digital era. So many killer CDs are being dumped into used bins and priced at well under $5. I can't resist.

And I've never invested much in movies. I buy the random historical drama every now and then, but only a few come out per year, so it's not much. Though I do own something like 200 DVDs. I just don't have the time to watch tons of movies, so I buy what I really like. I used to buy the Disney/Pixar/Dreamworks cartoons, because they rule, but that was when maybe one per year would come out. Now there's like 20 per year, and I can't hang with that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When Is Enough...Enough?   When Is Enough...Enough? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 1:47 am

I stopped by a used CD store this afternoon and probably saw 20 CDs that I would have loved to buy...I browsed for quite awhile and contemplated...ended up leaving the store without purchasing a single disc.

I stayed away from the used vinyl section on purpose though... lol!
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: When Is Enough...Enough?   When Is Enough...Enough? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 10:26 am

detuned wrote:
I stopped by a used CD store this afternoon and probably saw 20 CDs that I would have loved to buy...I browsed for quite awhile and contemplated...ended up leaving the store without purchasing a single disc.

I stayed away from the used vinyl section on purpose though... lol!

those stores will leave you poor... angry
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal

PostSubject: Re: When Is Enough...Enough?   When Is Enough...Enough? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 11:06 am

sam wrote:

Good thing I'm poor to begin with.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: When Is Enough...Enough?   When Is Enough...Enough? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 12:27 pm

detuned wrote:
sam wrote:

Good thing I'm poor to begin with.

lol!

self depreciating humor cheers , the sign of true self respect.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: When Is Enough...Enough?   When Is Enough...Enough? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

When Is Enough...Enough?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: