Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

When Is Enough...Enough?

Go down 
+5
SAHB Healer
Thrasher73
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
manny
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

When Is Enough...Enough? Empty
PostSubject: When Is Enough...Enough?   When Is Enough...Enough? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 3:27 pm

I've requested two CDs through SwapaCD today. They were on my want list, so sure, send them along. Problem is, I have no clue who the bands are. WWIII and Vertex. Not a frickin' clue. But I must have listened to them at some point, right?

This is getting out of hand. These trading sites are nuts. Just add and add and add to your want list. I literally have 7,300 CDs on my SwapaCD want list. Hahaha. This is stupid, folks. Laughing
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: When Is Enough...Enough?   When Is Enough...Enough? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 3:31 pm

WWIII was a band made up of former Dio members Jimmy Bain and Vinnie Appice, and future Dio guitartist Tracy G., their vocalist was guy named Mandy Lion, who sang on a track or two on George Lynch 's solo album 'Scared Groove'.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When Is Enough...Enough?   When Is Enough...Enough? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 3:34 pm

Eyesore wrote:
I've requested two CDs through SwapaCD today. They were on my want list, so sure, send them along. Problem is, I have no clue who the bands are. WWIII and Vertex. Not a frickin' clue. But I must have listened to them at some point, right?

This is getting out of hand. These trading sites are nuts. Just add and add and add to your want list. I literally have 7,300 CDs on my SwapaCD want list. Hahaha. This is stupid, folks. Laughing

I suppose the question is are you satisfied with all the CDs you own now? Can you stop collecting? If the answer is yes, then right now is enough. If you're not satisfied, then it will never be enough and you'll die when a pile of CDs you're not familiar with crushes you.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: When Is Enough...Enough?   When Is Enough...Enough? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 3:44 pm

manny wrote:
WWIII was a band made up of former Dio members Jimmy Bain and Vinnie Appice, and future Dio guitartist Tracy G., their vocalist was guy named Mandy Lion, who sang on a track or two on George Lynch 's solo album 'Scared Groove'.

I have that WWIII disc. Boring. Thought it would be better than it was. It's in my trade/sell pile if anyone is interested.

Mandy Lion looks like a cross between the WWF's Undertaker and Sonic Temple-era Ian Astbury. I think he's even gone on record saying that Ian stole his look or something.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: When Is Enough...Enough?   When Is Enough...Enough? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 3:46 pm

I kinda like that first WWIII album. It's kinda like what Accept might've sounded like if Udo Dirkschneider had grown up in L.A. and formed a sleaze/rock band.

I only have a CD-R of that first album, MG -- is there anything on my trade list that might float yer boat for it??

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: When Is Enough...Enough?   When Is Enough...Enough? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 3:55 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I kinda like that first WWIII album. It's kinda like what Accept might've sounded like if Udo Dirkschneider had grown up in L.A. and formed a sleaze/rock band.

I only have a CD-R of that first album, MG -- is there anything on my trade list that might float yer boat for it??

I have the cd When God Turned Away. Is that the one you're looking for? I don't know if that's their 1st though. I'll check out your trade list. No more Labryinth though. sick

EDIT: Sorry Freddy, nothing on your list right now. I was looking for that Supershine cd forever and I finally got a copy in a trade from Eyesore.

Last edited by MetalGuy71 on Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: When Is Enough...Enough?   When Is Enough...Enough? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 4:10 pm

I remember that WWIII with Mandy Lion.Like FF said it wasnt that great.
As far as an answer to your question,As much as you seem to enjoy collecting I would say you'll take the habit to your grave.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When Is Enough...Enough?   When Is Enough...Enough? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 4:49 pm

When God Turned Away is the one coming to me.

And Spec, there was no real question. There will never be enough! It is retarded, though. Haha.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When Is Enough...Enough?   When Is Enough...Enough? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 6:01 pm

I think Vertex was a Stephen Pearcy Project. I had the indie first press that I thought Ratt fans would dig, but I think it sold for about 5 bucks.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: When Is Enough...Enough?   When Is Enough...Enough? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 6:21 pm

SAXON1500 wrote:
I think Vertex was a Stephen Pearcy Project. I had the indie first press that I thought Ratt fans would dig, but I think it sold for about 5 bucks.

That is correct, it was a project done by Stephen Pearcy and Al Pitrelli, it was Pearcy's attempts at industrial metal, sort of like Nine Inch Nails, it was not bad, I own this CD but I have not listened to it for several years.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: When Is Enough...Enough?   When Is Enough...Enough? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 8:16 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

I have the cd When God Turned Away. Is that the one you're looking for? I don't know if that's their 1st though. I'll check out your trade list. No more Labryinth though. sick

EDIT: Sorry Freddy, nothing on your list right now. I was looking for that Supershine cd forever and I finally got a copy in a trade from Eyesore.

Ahh well, no biggie. I was looking for their self-titled WWIII album anyway, not When God Turned Away.

As for Eyesore's original question, "When is enough... Enough?" ... as far as my wife is concerned, any time I come thru the door with new CDs in my hand these days, it's "enough." Women!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: When Is Enough...Enough?   When Is Enough...Enough? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 9:38 pm

I don't care for the WW III album. However as far as collecting, I'm a pretty enthusiastic (addicted?) collector. But for a long time now my collecting has been focused even when it's been out of control. That is to say I might buy a flood of stuff, but I keep it usually within a certain genre or era that I happen to be interested in at a certain time. That keeps me at least somewhat in touch with what I'm getting and listening to as there is sort of a theme to it.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: When Is Enough...Enough?   When Is Enough...Enough? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 10:32 pm

When I buy in a bulk it is usually some killer deal and I will buy anything that strikes up my interest with no regard to genre, styles etc.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: When Is Enough...Enough?   When Is Enough...Enough? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 10:24 am

there is no enough... Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: When Is Enough...Enough?   When Is Enough...Enough? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 11:05 pm

When is enough...enough? I don't really know. When I had about 350 or so CD's I thought I would stop at 500. When I reached that I thought 750 or so would be the stopping point and then the 1000 plateau was reached. I am now at almost 1200 with another 175 or so on my want list. I guess maybe when I don't have the amount of disposable income I have now, I will stop? There are hundreds of bands out there and thousands of albums I have not heard. I really don't know. Good question. Peace.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When Is Enough...Enough?   When Is Enough...Enough? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 4:13 pm

Eyesore wrote:
And Spec, there was no real question. There will never be enough! It is retarded, though. Haha.
And to further illustrate. My Jan 2009 acquisitions:

(HED)pe - New World Orphans (w/Bonus Tracks)
Adagio - Sanctus Ignis (w/Bonus Track)
Aerosmith - Rock In A Hard Place
Aldo Nova - Aldo Nova
Antiproduct - Made In USA
Aurora - EOS **
Aurora - Sadiam (EP) **
Avian - From The Depths Of Time
Back Door Slam - Roll Away
Banshee - Race Against Time
Bars - Introducing...
Belladonna - Belladonna **
Beyond Fear - Beyond Fear **
Biohazard - Means To An End **
Blackthorne - Afterlife **
Blood For Blood - Revenge On Society **
Blues Traveler - Live On The Rocks **
Brighton Rock - A Room For Five - Live
Britton - Unleashed
Bronx Casket Co., The - The Bronx Casket Company
Bullet Lavolta - Gimme Danger (EP) **
Bullet Lavolta - Swandive **
Cathedral - Caravan Beyond Redemption
Cathedral - Hopkins (The Witchfinder General) (EP)
Cathedral - Soul Sacrifice (EP)
Cathedral - Static Majik (EP)
Cathedral - The VIIth Coming
Chesterfield Kings, The - The Mindbending Sounds Of...
Children Of Bodom - Blooddrunk
Colonel Claypool's Bucket Of Bernie Brains - The Big Eyeball In The Sky **
Colonel Les Claypool's Fearless Flying Frog Brigade - Live Frogs: Set 1 **
Cooper, Alice - The Last Temptation **
Cooper, Alice - Trash **
Coverdale, David - Into The Light
Crown Of Thorns - Lost Cathedral (w/Bonus Tracks)
Dead 60's, The - The Dead 60's
Derek Trucks Band, The - Already Free
Domination Black - Haunting (EP)
Doozers - Blood, Sweat And Beers: Complete Recorded Anthology
Duke, The - Demos Of Change/My Kung Fu Is Good Instrumentals (2CD)
Edguy - Tinnitus Sanctus (w/Bonus Track)
Eterna - Terra Nova
Evile - Enter The Grave
Eyeliners, The - No Apologies
Fandango - Fandango
Fandango - One Night Stand
Fear Factory - Burn (CD Single w/Non-LP Tracks)
Ferrick, Melissa - Melissa Ferrick (w/Bonus Track) **
Flaming Sideburns, The - Save Rock 'N' Roll
Fozzy - Unleashed, Uncensored, Unknown (DVD) (Autographed)
Franz Ferdinand - Tonight
Gamma Ray - Heaven Or Hell (CD Single w/Non-LP Track)
Gathering, The - In Motion (DVD) ***
Gossard, Stone - Bayleaf **
Graffin, Greg - Cold As The Clay ^
Grave Digger - Pray (EP)
Gravy Train - Staircase To The Day
Hatchet - Awaiting Evil
Heathendom - Nescience (w/Bonus Track)
Hellion - Uh Oh! (Limited to 500)
Hellion - Up From The Depths
Hest, Ari - The Break-In *
Hunger, The - Grip **
Iron Savior - Iron Savior
Jackal - Awake
Kottonmouth Kings - The Green Album (2CD)
L.A. Guns - Cocked & Loaded
L.A. Guns - Hollywood Vampires
L.A. Guns - Vicious Circle
Lagwagon - Let's Talk About Feelings **
Legen Beltza - Insanity
Live - Turn My Head (CD Single w/Non-LP Tracks)
Lostboys - Lost And Found
MDFMK - MDFMK **
Meat Puppets - Out My Way (EP) **
Mindless Self Indulgence - MDC/Evening Wear (EP)
Monroe, Michael - Not Fakin' It
Moore, Abra - On The Way
Nervous Return, The - Wake Up Dead
Noisy Mama - Everybody Has One
Obituary - World Demise **
Operatika - The Calling
Overdose - Circus Of Death
Pallas - The Blinding Darkness (2CD)
Paradise Lost - Lost Paradise
Phantom's Opera - Phantom's Opera
Pirner, Dave - Faces & Names
Quarter After, The - Changes Near **
Rainbow - Straight Between The Eyes **
Rhino Bucket - And Then It Got Ugly
Rough Silk - Wheels Of Time (2CD)
Royal Hunt - Paradox (w/Bonus Tracks) **
Rye Coalition - Curses (CD/DVD) **
Serpent Saints - Leather Lucifer (EP w/Bonus Track)
Shutdown - Turning The Tide (EP)
Silver Sunshine - Silver Sunshine
Skunk Anansie - Brazen (EP) **
Sleeze Beez - Powertool
Soul Asylum - Hang Time
Soul Asylum - While You Were Out **
Spock's Beard - Gluttons For Punishment (2CD) **
Stratovarius - Dreamscape
Stuck Mojo - Southern Born Killers Instrumentals (w/Bonus Tracks)
Suicidal Tendencies - Year Of The Cykos
Sun Red Sun - Sun Set (3CD) ^
Sympathy - Anagogic Tyranny
Tangent, The - The World That We Drive Through (w/Bonus Track)
Taylor, Maria - Lynn Teeter Flower
Theocracy - Mirror Of Souls
Therion - Live In Midgard (2CD)
Thrash Clash Vol. 3 (Split w/ Blood Exile & Sacrilegio) (469 of 1,000)
Thrash Clash Vol. 4 (Split w/Infantry & Pyrotoxic) (463 of 1,000)
Three Fish - The Quiet Table **
Throwdown - Venom & Tears **
Thundertrain - Teenage Suicide (w/Bonus Tracks)
TNT - Transistor
To/Die/For - IV
Unanimated - In The Forest Of The Dreaming Dead
Unitopia - The Garden (2CD)
Unsun - The End Of Life
Vandenberg - Vandenberg
Various Artists - Soul Arch: The Theologian Compilation
Vertex - Vertex **
Vishusgruv - Vishusgruv
W.A.S.P. - The Real Me (CD Single w/Non-LP Tracks)
War Babies - War Babies
Willowz, The - The Willowz **

lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When Is Enough...Enough?   When Is Enough...Enough? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 4:22 pm

I bought 1 new CD in January and a few cheap used ones.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When Is Enough...Enough?   When Is Enough...Enough? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 4:43 pm

detuned wrote:
I bought 1 new CD in January and a few cheap used ones.
Most of those came used, some for free.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When Is Enough...Enough?   When Is Enough...Enough? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 4:58 pm

Eyesore wrote:

Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) is a mental disorder most commonly characterized by intrusive, repetitive thoughts resulting in compulsive behavior and mental acts that the person feels driven to perform...

When Is Enough...Enough? 56834
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When Is Enough...Enough?   When Is Enough...Enough? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 5:02 pm

detuned wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) is a mental disorder most commonly characterized by intrusive, repetitive thoughts resulting in compulsive behavior and mental acts that the person feels driven to perform...

When Is Enough...Enough? 56834

There's a few of us on this board. I have been actually diagnosed with the disorder. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When Is Enough...Enough?   When Is Enough...Enough? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 5:06 pm

I have recurrent Major Depressive Disorder myself....

...it's a load of laughs.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When Is Enough...Enough?   When Is Enough...Enough? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 5:19 pm

I think I just have the money, that's all. I've not always been like this. And I don't buy if I need money for other things.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: When Is Enough...Enough?   When Is Enough...Enough? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 8:01 pm

Eyesore wrote:

The question is, when do you have to time to even listen to all this music, or at enjoy while you listen? This past summer I got rid of maybe 300 albums. It's gotten to a point that if I will not put a cd in the cd player, it's out!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When Is Enough...Enough?   When Is Enough...Enough? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 9:04 pm

GrandNational wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

The question is, when do you have to time to even listen to all this music, or at enjoy while you listen? This past summer I got rid of maybe 300 albums. It's gotten to a point that if I will not put a cd in the cd player, it's out!
I've answered this so many times. Haha. I should put it in my signature.

The answer is simple: I listen to music nearly every hour I'm awake. I watch maybe three or four TV shows per week, and beyond that I'm either driving and listening to music, working and listening to music, or writing/farting around on the PC and listening to music. I sleep about six hours a night, so on any given day, I'm listening to music for 15+ hours.

Plus I go through genre spurts, where I'll listen to all punk/hardcore for a while, or power metal, or whatever. And I don't have any one style in greater quantities than others. So everything gets a spin. Now that I've got this external drive, though, I've just been listening to stuff on shuffle. It's awesome. Hardly any metal, though, since all those CDs are still downstairs and I'm ripping all other styles first because they're upstairs.

Either way, I love it.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: When Is Enough...Enough?   When Is Enough...Enough? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 9:11 pm

Eyesore wrote:
GrandNational wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

I've answered this so many times. Haha. I should put it in my signature.

The answer is simple: I listen to music nearly every hour I'm awake. I watch maybe three or four TV shows per week, and beyond that I'm either driving and listening to music, working and listening to music, or writing/farting around on the PC and listening to music. I sleep about six hours a night, so on any given day, I'm listening to music for 15+ hours.

Plus I go through genre spurts, where I'll listen to all punk/hardcore for a while, or power metal, or whatever. And I don't have any one style in greater quantities than others. So everything gets a spin. Now that I've got this external drive, though, I've just been listening to stuff on shuffle. It's awesome. Hardly any metal, though, since all those CDs are still downstairs and I'm ripping all other styles first because they're upstairs.

Either way, I love it.

In your signature Eyesore, you should put "Listens to music non-stop for 15 hours a day!" Very Happy I find myself more and more spending time reading books when before I would listed to music. Maybe I'm just getting older, or I've just had this desire lately to cram as much info into my head as possible. I go through weird spurts myself every now and then.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: When Is Enough...Enough?   When Is Enough...Enough? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

When Is Enough...Enough?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: