Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Top 20 speed/thrash metal albums ever!

Go down 
+17
DallasBlack
krokus
sovdat
Required Fields
Lurideath
Stender
jstate
arttieTHE1manparty
Schbopo
the sentinel
SideShowDisaSter
Vordul
Temple of Blood
ultmetal
Troublezone
mc666
Gilbert
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Top 20 speed/thrash metal albums ever! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top 20 speed/thrash metal albums ever!   Top 20 speed/thrash metal albums ever! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 10:23 am

biddle wrote:
I see plenty of old records listed. Where are the newer releases and bands? How about kreator - violent resolution or enemy of god? hirax - new age of terror, sodom - code red? ultimatum - into the pit? testament -formation of damnation? sadus -out for blood, death angel -art of dyings? persuader - evolution purgatory? oct 31 - no survivors? some of these newer thrash albums are better than many of the old guard imo.
how about newer bands like avenger of blood? municiple waste? toxik holocaust? evile? merciless death? gamabomb? one dead?

I did put Hirax - New Age of Terror on my list and Dallas Black put Into the Pit in his list.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Top 20 speed/thrash metal albums ever!   Top 20 speed/thrash metal albums ever! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 11:09 am

ultmetal wrote:
biddle wrote:
I see plenty of old records listed. Where are the newer releases and bands? How about kreator - violent resolution or enemy of god? hirax - new age of terror, sodom - code red? ultimatum - into the pit? testament -formation of damnation? sadus -out for blood, death angel -art of dyings? persuader - evolution purgatory? oct 31 - no survivors? some of these newer thrash albums are better than many of the old guard imo.
how about newer bands like avenger of blood? municiple waste? toxik holocaust? evile? merciless death? gamabomb? one dead?

I did put Hirax - New Age of Terror on my list and Dallas Black put Into the Pit in his list.

Thank you.

I await your apology Biddle Very Happy .
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

PostSubject: Re: Top 20 speed/thrash metal albums ever!   Top 20 speed/thrash metal albums ever! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 11:19 am

Screw 20....

Paradox
- Heresy
Wrath - Nothing To Fear
Wrath - Insane Society
Slayer - Reign in Blood
Slayer - Hell Awaits
Megadeth - Peace Sells
Metallica - Ride The Lightning
Metallica - Master of Puppets
Devastation - Signs of Life
Devastation - Idolatry
Viking - Do Or Die
Viking - Man of Straw
Flotsam & Jetsam - When The Storm Comes Down
Flotsam & Jetsam - No Place For Disgrace
Exodus - Bonded By Blood
Exodus - Impact Is Imminent
Dark Angel - Darkness Descends
Dark Angel - Leave Scars
Dark Angel - Time Does Not Heal
Onslaught - In Search of Sanity
Forbidden - Forbidden Evil
Testament - The Legacy
Testament - The New Order
Testament - Souls of Black
Deliverance - S/T
Deliverance - Weapons of Our Warfare
Sepultura - Schizophrenia
Sepultura - Beneath The Remains
Sepultura - Arise
Overkill - Taking Over
Overkill - Necroshine
Anthrax - Among The Living
Coroner - Punishment For Decadence
Coroner - R.I.P.
Laaz Rockit - Know Your Enemy
Believer - Extraction From Mortality
Annihilator - Never, Neverland
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Top 20 speed/thrash metal albums ever!   Top 20 speed/thrash metal albums ever! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 12:04 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
biddle wrote:

Thank you.

Apologize now! :kickbutt:

LOL!

I understand what he's saying. There are some great new releases and bands. I think Hirax, Sodom and Kreator have released some of their best stuff ever in more recent years. I wouldn't say the same for Death Angel, Metallica and Exodus. I prefer their older material.

Also, I think some of the new bands are fantastic. I've been listening to Avenger of Blood a lot in recent weeks.

However, when it comes to music like thrash that has been around for a few decades, nostalgia will always play a part. The "classic" stuff will always be thought of as better, no matter how good the new bands and releases are.

BTW, thanks for including Ultimatum on your list DallasBlack. I'm really proud of that record.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Top 20 speed/thrash metal albums ever!   Top 20 speed/thrash metal albums ever! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 12:28 pm

ultmetal wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
biddle wrote:

Thank you.

Apologize now! :kickbutt:

LOL!

I understand what he's saying. There are some great new releases and bands. I think Hirax, Sodom and Kreator have released some of their best stuff ever in more recent years. I wouldn't say the same for Death Angel, Metallica and Exodus. I prefer their older material.

Also, I think some of the new bands are fantastic. I've been listening to Avenger of Blood a lot in recent weeks.

However, when it comes to music like thrash that has been around for a few decades, nostalgia will always play a part. The "classic" stuff will always be thought of as better, no matter how good the new bands and releases are.

BTW, thanks for including Ultimatum on your list DallasBlack. I'm really proud of that record.

You should be, it's a great album.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Top 20 speed/thrash metal albums ever!   Top 20 speed/thrash metal albums ever! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 1:16 pm

New bands are 70% made of crap. Commercial records...A band is only five years old and already 5 cds... Laughing very hard . I stick with the old. Just like wine.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Top 20 speed/thrash metal albums ever!   Top 20 speed/thrash metal albums ever! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 1:17 pm

Gilbert wrote:
New bands are 70% made of crap. Commercial records...A band is only five years old and already 5 cds... Laughing very hard . I stick with the old. Just like wine.

What bands might you be speaking of?

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Top 20 speed/thrash metal albums ever!   Top 20 speed/thrash metal albums ever! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 1:44 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

What bands might you be speaking of?

Yes please what bands are you speaking of ? Now it is average of 3 years between releases.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 20 speed/thrash metal albums ever!   Top 20 speed/thrash metal albums ever! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 2:06 pm

In the grand scheme of things, thrash had a great 10 year run and then kind of burnt itself out (of course some people won't agree on this). I'm glad their is a renaissance of sorts with this style, but I've "moved on" to the point where I can't get myself excited to hear them.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Top 20 speed/thrash metal albums ever!   Top 20 speed/thrash metal albums ever! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 2:11 pm

these are my favs of the genre

Metallica - Ride the Lightning
Testament - Souls of Black
Testament - Low
Testament - The Gathering
Sacred Reich - The American Way
Sepultura - Arise
Sepultura - Chaos A.D
Sanctity - Road to Bloodshed
Exodus - Tempo of the Damned
Overkill - Horrorscope
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Top 20 speed/thrash metal albums ever!   Top 20 speed/thrash metal albums ever! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 2:13 pm

Only 1 album per band. Man, this was hard!

Believer - Extraction From Mortality
Testament - The Legacy
Vengeance Rising - Human Sacrifice
Equinox - Auf Wiedersehen
Anthrax - Among The Living
Deliverance - Deliverance
Agent Steel - Unstoppable Force
Metal Church - The Dark (maybe more of a power metal album?)
Helstar - Nosferatu
Dark Angel - Leave Scars
Coroner - R.I.P.
Sodom - Agent Orange
Destruction - Release From Agony
Kreator - Pleasure To Kill
Annihilator - Alice In Hell
Paradox - Heresy
Exodus - Bonded By Blood
Megadeth - Rust In Peace
Slayer - Reign In Blood

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Top 20 speed/thrash metal albums ever!   Top 20 speed/thrash metal albums ever! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 12:35 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
In no order as well (remember this is just my opinion):

Testament-Low
Testament-The New Order
Metallica-Master Of Puppets
Metallica-Ride The Lightning
Metallica-Kill 'Em All
Sepultura-Arise
Tourniquet-Microscopic View
Tourniquet-Stop The Bleeding
Ultimatum-Into The Pit
Kreator-Coma Of Souls
Anthrax-Among The Living
Anthrax-Spreading The Disease
Exodus-Fabulous Disaster
Flotsam & Jetsam-Doomsday for the Deceiver
Overkill-W.F.O.
Megadeth-Rust In Peace
Sepultura-Chaos A.D.
Suicidal Tendencies-How Will I Laugh Tomorrow When I Can't Even Smile Today
Xentrix-Shattered Existence
Defiance-Void Terra Firma

As I explore thrash/speed further, this list will change.

I will need to move one of these out because I found out I really love Slayer-South Of Heaven. IMO, this album is the best music I ever heard from Slayer. Dark and melodic without leaving the thrash genre. Such a kick ass album! 🤘
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 20 speed/thrash metal albums ever!   Top 20 speed/thrash metal albums ever! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 12:38 pm

Quote :
Slayer-South Of Heaven

That's a Slayer album that most overlook. I think it's one of their best. Light years better than Seasons In The Abyss.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Top 20 speed/thrash metal albums ever!   Top 20 speed/thrash metal albums ever! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 1:11 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
Quote :
Slayer-South Of Heaven

That's a Slayer album that most overlook. I think it's one of their best. Light years better than Seasons In The Abyss.

Absolutly love this album. I have yet to hear Seasons In The Abyss.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 20 speed/thrash metal albums ever!   Top 20 speed/thrash metal albums ever! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 1:33 am

detuned wrote:
In the grand scheme of things, thrash had a great 10 year run and then kind of burnt itself out (of course some people won't agree on this). I'm glad their is a renaissance of sorts with this style, but I've "moved on" to the point where I can't get myself excited to hear them.

de - You SERIOUSLY need to get the Bonded by Blood album. If that does not re-charge ya, nothing will! I put it up against anything pre-'92. It is that freaking good!!! It is that freaking TRUE!!! It is 100% the definition of thrash, now or then!!! Try to find the 2 cd set. The second disc only has a couple of songs, but they are instant classics.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Top 20 speed/thrash metal albums ever!   Top 20 speed/thrash metal albums ever! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 1:44 pm

SAXON1500 wrote:
detuned wrote:

de - You SERIOUSLY need to get the Bonded by Blood album. If that does not re-charge ya, nothing will! I put it up against anything pre-'92. It is that freaking good!!! It is that freaking TRUE!!! It is 100% the definition of thrash, now or then!!! Try to find the 2 cd set. The second disc only has a couple of songs, but they are instant classics.

Great album! headbanger
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Top 20 speed/thrash metal albums ever!   Top 20 speed/thrash metal albums ever! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Top 20 speed/thrash metal albums ever!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2