Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Screamo loving coworker

Go down 
+16
Smindas
SideShowDisaSter
Stender
Schbopo
Lurideath
Chairman_Smith
black halo
T-Roy
sam
EvyMetal
tohostudios
MetalRob331
ultmetal
manny
mc666
scottmitchell74
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Screamo loving coworker - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Screamo loving coworker   Screamo loving coworker - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2008 9:45 am

Quote :
By the way, I was never a big death metal guy, don't care for the whole WOOOOAAARRRRRGH vocal style, therefore screamo/metalcore/etc. never did anything for me either.

Ditto!

Cookie monster vocals just ruin it for me.

Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Screamo loving coworker   Screamo loving coworker - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2008 11:09 am

Six Feet Under is the only exception for me. I also like Divine Empire
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Screamo loving coworker   Screamo loving coworker - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2008 7:18 pm

If people like screamo, then thats their perogovtive and more power to them. However, a lot of them just listen to it because it either makes them cool or they just don't know better music. Many of them are very ignorant of what good heavy music really is. They don't believe our music is heavy enough not realizing that they made a lot of their music possible. They don't listen fully to it because it doesn't fit what their conception of what is real heavy metal. People should listen to what they like and not worry about whether something is heavy enough or not.

I agree that the gelling of the bands and lack of talent is a major problem. Nobody should release an album or even a demo if they've only been together a few weeks-months. Nor should they become a band member after only just picking up their instrument (unless they have some great gimic-hey, it worked for Green Jello[y]).

As far as the death metal growls and black metal shrieks, I don't thing I'm being hypocritical by complaining about metalcore sounding samey. I'm pretty sure I have accused death, black, and thrash of the same thing. However those genres' music are much more interesting than metalcore and the vocals are often changed up and clean vocals are sometimes thrown in. I listen to thrash, death, and black but only if I find something ineresting that sets them apart and usually only when I'm in the mood for it.

As far as metalcore fans kicking the ass of a metal fans...I don't think so. Many metal fans I see are usually big or tough looking. Most metalcore fans are usually so thin you'd think a good wind would blow them away.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

PostSubject: Re: Screamo loving coworker   Screamo loving coworker - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2008 8:03 pm

sam wrote:
and the exception to the rule: