Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Screamo loving coworker

Go down 
+16
Smindas
SideShowDisaSter
Stender
Schbopo
Lurideath
Chairman_Smith
black halo
T-Roy
sam
EvyMetal
tohostudios
MetalRob331
ultmetal
manny
mc666
scottmitchell74
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Screamo loving coworker - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Screamo loving coworker   Screamo loving coworker - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 5:17 pm

Nothing wrong with that screamo "genre" as a whole, but the majority do tend to fail at writing good songs. That's all it takes, really. A good song can make a bad vocalist shine. Screamo bands--smurf poo, younger bands in general--just don't get that these days.

It's so easy to create music now, that bands skip right over the fundamentals and go straight into a "working" band. Do bands toil away in garages for years now, before even recording a demo? Hell no. They're together for a month, and they've got a brand-spanking-new CD on the market.
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Screamo loving coworker   Screamo loving coworker - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 5:32 pm

T-Roy wrote:
POISON RULES....CAREFUL!!! 🤘

It must be because I'm so young.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Screamo loving coworker   Screamo loving coworker - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 6:32 pm

I try not to discriminate genres, but most of this screamo stuff is crap. Most everybody over here either listens to rap or screamo/grindcore junk, and have the "If it's not like this, it's crap" mentality.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Screamo loving coworker   Screamo loving coworker - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 6:45 pm

I was going to post something similar to what Black halo said, but my computer froze up and I got depressed after typing like 3 paragraphs...here it goes again.

I try not to make fun of the screamo/metalcore/numetal crowd too much because I truly believe they are one and the same as us metallers. It all boils down to all of us likeing heavy edged music. Its just they dont understand whats all out there in the metal realm so they have to make due with the trendy shite. The only difference is that they believe they "know" metal...but they really dont. I say, we be gracious to these people and try and introduce them to real heavy metal as much as possible.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Screamo loving coworker   Screamo loving coworker - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 6:57 pm

Stender wrote:
I say, we be gracious to these people and try and introduce them to real heavy metal as much as possible.

I've tried, trust me. I played some Saxon for one of these douches once and he said it 'wasn't heavy enough' and hated the vocals. I left and let him rock out to some Dying Fetus.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

PostSubject: Re: Screamo loving coworker   Screamo loving coworker - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 6:59 pm

Schbopo wrote:
Stender wrote:
I say, we be gracious to these people and try and introduce them to real heavy metal as much as possible.

I've tried, trust me. I played some Saxon for one of these douches once and he said it 'wasn't heavy enough' and hated the vocals. I left and let him rock out to some Dying Fetus.

oooh....Dying fetus....Br00tAL
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Screamo loving coworker   Screamo loving coworker - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 9:25 pm

Lurideath wrote:
Well metalcore is just wannabe tough guy music
doesn't that describe heavy metal as a whole?

mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Screamo loving coworker   Screamo loving coworker - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 9:30 pm

Stender wrote:
why not just leave them the hell alone & let them enjoy what they want. if they wish to explore further then that's what the internet is for.

Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

PostSubject: Re: Screamo loving coworker   Screamo loving coworker - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 10:49 pm

mc666 wrote:
Stender wrote:
why not just leave them the hell alone & let them enjoy what they want. if they wish to explore further then that's what the internet is for.

I dont know man. I just know it dosnt hurt to try. Nothing to prove nothing to lose right?
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

PostSubject: Re: Screamo loving coworker   Screamo loving coworker - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 25, 2008 12:57 am

mc666 wrote:
Lurideath wrote:

NO!! I'm a troo badass!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Screamo loving coworker   Screamo loving coworker - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 25, 2008 3:06 am

mc666 wrote:
Lurideath wrote:
If I had to lay money down, I'd be willing to bet that 9 times out of 10, a metalcore fan would kick the shit out of a metal fan.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Screamo loving coworker   Screamo loving coworker - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 25, 2008 3:08 am

Stender wrote:
mc666 wrote:
Stender wrote:
I dont know man. I just know it dosnt hurt to try. Nothing to prove nothing to lose right?
It does hurt, though. Let people be who they want to be. There is no right music, no better music. It's all subjective, so just let people like what they like. Metalcore. Penis. Mc666. Whatever.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Screamo loving coworker   Screamo loving coworker - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 25, 2008 3:41 am

Quote :
a metalcore fan would kick the smurf poo out of a metal fan.

thinking :goodluck:
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

PostSubject: Re: Screamo loving coworker   Screamo loving coworker - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 25, 2008 4:14 am

I don't know, A lot of metalcore kids I see around look like they don't even know how to throw a punch.
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

PostSubject: Re: Screamo loving coworker   Screamo loving coworker - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 25, 2008 11:40 am

Eyesore wrote:
It's so easy to create music now, that bands skip right over the fundamentals and go straight into a "working" band. Do bands toil away in garages for years now, before even recording a demo? Hell no. They're together for a month, and they've got a brand-spanking-new CD on the market.

Post of the year right there folks.

You don't often see that MONSTER of a debut album anymore. You don't hear those songs that bands have probably been working on for years. Nowadays a band doesn't have to flat out blow away a record exec before they have access to the ability to get a CD out. Hell, you don't even see the two or three year wait before a new CD much anymore.

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Screamo loving coworker   Screamo loving coworker - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 25, 2008 11:40 am

Eyesore wrote:

That's true. It takes a while to start gelling as a band.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Screamo loving coworker   Screamo loving coworker - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 25, 2008 2:02 pm

EvyMetal wrote:
T-Roy wrote:
POISON RULES....CAREFUL!!! 🤘

It must be because I'm so young.
Can't be. I'm as young and Poison are one of my favourites ;P

Also, I find myself agree with Eyesore far too much nowadays, the guy is right again - there just isn't enough development time in modern day bands for songs to be honed and polished. Debut albums used to be one of a band's best because they had spent their 'club days' (for lack of a better phrase) tweaking their songs to their utmost potential before recording. All too often, half-arsed songs now make the cut straight away which is a shame.

PostSubject: Re: Screamo loving coworker   Screamo loving coworker - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 25, 2008 9:11 pm

SideShowDisaSter wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Post of the year right there folks.

You don't often see that MONSTER of a debut album anymore. You don't hear those songs that bands have probably been working on for years. Nowadays a band doesn't have to flat out blow away a record exec before they have access to the ability to get a CD out. Hell, you don't even see the two or three year wait before a new CD much anymore.
Just look at YouTube. You've got these kids that fire up the guitar and then record themselves playing, and it SUCKS! Yet there are people on there that'll tell them they're great. Then there are the haters, so rude that nothing they say sinks in, even though it's probably true. And that turd playing the guitar like a parapalegic with nubs for hands--he's the new breed of musician. And he's definitely got a MySpace page, with the Snocap software on his page so you can download his music. And he's probably got a CD his band is selling for $15 plus $5 S&H, which arrives as a CDR that's had the band's name scrawled on it with an Eraserboard marker, that comes in a plain white CD sleeve, making the worst cassette demos of the 80s look like works of creative genius.

Pffft!
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Screamo loving coworker   Screamo loving coworker - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 25, 2008 10:17 pm

Eyesore wrote:

Just look at YouTube. You've got these kids that fire up the guitar and then record themselves playing, and it SUCKS! Yet there are people on there that'll tell them they're great. Then there are the haters, so rude that nothing they say sinks in, even though it's probably true. And that turd playing the guitar like a parapalegic with nubs for hands--he's the new breed of musician. And he's definitely got a MySpace page, with the Snocap software on his page so you can download his music. And he's probably got a CD his band is selling for $15 plus $5 S&H, which arrives as a CDR that's had the band's name scrawled on it with an Eraserboard marker, that comes in a plain white CD sleeve, making the worst cassette demos of the 80s look like works of creative genius.

Pffft!

gotta agree with eyesore on this, spent a few minutes looking up some "metal riffs" and every single one I listened to was that stupid dud dud dum dud dum dud dum dud dum da da da dada type of riff.

and then there this this guy

Quote :
One hour after picking up the guitar for the 1st time ever... I'm a BEGINNER people! nasty comments are NOT advice...

lol!
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Screamo loving coworker   Screamo loving coworker - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2008 1:20 am

I guess i dont look at it this way at all. Granted that girls playing is really bad, but we all have played like that. I would never make a video of myself if i played that bad. She is trying and thats more then I can say for a lot of the posters on youtube who comment on guitar.

I think there is always a good way to saying something bad. Instead of saying "Gosh you suck" try "Keep practicing".

I have about 15 videos on youtube and none of them have comments....

As for the other 2 riffs, i actually prefer the firsy guys even though its sloppy. The second guy is tuned way too low, and i'm not a big fan of death metal riffs...
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Screamo loving coworker   Screamo loving coworker - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2008 9:08 am

It's not that the first guy is a terrible player per se, but I don't think I've seen such bland and unimaginative riffs in a long time.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Screamo loving coworker   Screamo loving coworker - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2008 9:38 am

Eyesore wrote:
Jeez. Can I get a better example?

Quote :
One hour after picking up the guitar for the 1st time ever... I'm a BEGINNER people! nasty comments are NOT advice...

lol!

Good grief. If she were at least somewhat hot, I could let that guitar "performance" slide... but mmm, nope.

By the way, I was never a big death metal guy, don't care for the whole WOOOOAAARRRRRGH vocal style, therefore screamo/metalcore/etc. never did anything for me either.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Screamo loving coworker   Screamo loving coworker - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Screamo loving coworker
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next