Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Favorite Metal Magazines

Go down 
+18
Required Fields
bgast1
Olafsto
Lurideath
ghost
Thrasher73
MetalGuy71
thejokeriv
spiritoradio
kmorg
Wargod
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
krokus
Troublezone
mc666
arttieTHE1manparty
Temple of Blood
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Favorite Metal Magazines Empty
PostSubject: Favorite Metal Magazines   Favorite Metal Magazines Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2007 10:09 pm

What is/are your favorite metal magazines?

I currently subcribe to Decibel and the Heaven's Metal Fanzine, and I occassionally pick-up Revolver.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Metal Magazines   Favorite Metal Magazines Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2007 10:31 pm

Snakepit
Metal Forces
Back to top Go down
arttieTHE1manparty
Administrator
arttieTHE1manparty

Number of posts : 863

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Metal Magazines   Favorite Metal Magazines Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2007 10:42 pm

Brave Words & Bloody Knuckles, thought it is very hard to come by in these parts.

Arttie
Back to top Go down
http://christianmetalrealm.niceboard.com
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Metal Magazines   Favorite Metal Magazines Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2007 12:24 am

Ill Literature
Slayer
Revolver
Metal Maniacs
Brave Words
Decibel
The Grimoire Of Exalted Deeds

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Metal Magazines   Favorite Metal Magazines Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2007 1:27 am

The internet.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Metal Magazines   Favorite Metal Magazines Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2007 3:47 am

arttieTHE1manparty wrote:
Brave Words & Bloody Knuckles, thought it is very hard to come by in these parts.

Arttie
It's common where I'm from, which makes sense since I'm from Canada. I went to Toronto, where it is published, a few weeks ago and met Tim Henderson from that mag. Seemed like a pretty cool guy.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Metal Magazines   Favorite Metal Magazines Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2007 3:52 am

When i was a kid i liked RIP magazine now i read Revolver.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Metal Magazines   Favorite Metal Magazines Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2007 12:06 pm

POPULAR 1, ROCK HARD, and THIS IS ROCK. Before KERRANG, HEAVY ROCK and METAL HAMMER were good but today they only talk about smurf poo bands.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Metal Magazines   Favorite Metal Magazines Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2007 12:12 pm

I pretty much rely on the internet.

Back before the internet I was into all sorts of magazines, Circus,
RIP, Kerrang, Hit Parader, Metal Maniacs, Metal Edge, among others. I
also use to subscribe to host of different underground zines.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Metal Magazines   Favorite Metal Magazines Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2007 1:12 pm

The only magazine I still buy regularly is Metal Maniacs, although occasionally I'll pick up an ish of Terrorizer, BW&BK, etc.
I had a HUGE collection of metal mags growing up, I read just about everything back then... Circus, RIP, Hit Parader, Metal Edge, etc...then I discovered the great British mags like the mighty Metal Forces (best metal mag EVER, hands down) and the U.K. version of Metal Hammer (which is still around but it sucks now) so I read those almost exclusively for a number of years, as well as any other underground zines I came across in my travels.
Like an idiot, I recycled my entire collection of old magazines when I moved out of my Mom's house into my first apartment in the early 90s... I now have a pretty decent collection built up again after all these years, but it kills me to think of all the great reads I got rid of!!! (SOB)

Useless trivia: did anybody know that RIP magazine (arguably the best U.S. metal/hard rock mag during the mid to late 80s) was published by LFP Inc., a.k.a. Larry Flynt Publications? That's right, the same fine folks who bring us Hustler magazine. It's true. Smile
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Metal Magazines   Favorite Metal Magazines Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2007 1:41 pm

Were I hail from we have no access to any good metal mags, wish we did!

Wargod48

NP: Manticora - The Black Circus-Part 2-Disclosure
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Metal Magazines   Favorite Metal Magazines Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2007 4:24 am

mc666 wrote:

Slayer

Is this the Norwegian fanizne, created by Metallion? Didn't think he still did this....

I subscribe to Scream Magazine and Heaven's Metal fanzine. I also buy all of Sweden Rock Magazine, and on occasions I lso buy Classic Rock.

Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Metal Magazines   Favorite Metal Magazines Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2007 6:00 am

yeah that's the one, & no he doesn't make it anymore. but i still have a ton of them. it was my fave read for a long time. the topic starter asked for favorites, since someone before me listed Metal Forces, i figured i could include that one.

they don't make the Ill-Literature fanzine anymore either.

spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Metal Magazines   Favorite Metal Magazines Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2007 2:49 pm

It's not quite a metal magazine per-say, but I really like Classic Rock Magazine. It's from the U.K. so it's like 9 dollars an issue, but it's awesome.

You know what magazine sucks a lot these days? Hit Parader, WOW! All it is now is a hundred "Top guitar players of the..." type polls in every issue. They also have an obsession with Slipknot, now I'm not saying that they are a horrible band, because I have never really listened to them, but 11 out of the 12 covers each year feature them and there is some stupid story about them. Just lame is all.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Metal Magazines   Favorite Metal Magazines Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2007 4:00 pm

ultmetal wrote:

I'm with you - I usually rely on the internet. Back in the day - Circus, Hit Parader, Kerrang and later Metal Edge where the magazines to read. Everyone I knew in to metal or hard rock picked one of them up the day they came out - then traded for another one with a friend.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Metal Magazines   Favorite Metal Magazines Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2007 8:00 pm

for me, i simply collect the magazines as i do cds. so i like to have the physical thing, as opposed to something on the computer.

i read alot of internet sites too though.

MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Metal Magazines   Favorite Metal Magazines Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2007 8:55 pm

I'll pick up a copy of Revolver from time to time if the cover catches my eye, but I pretty much rely on the web these days.

Back in the day, I had a subscription to RIP and I used to "borrow" copies of Circus, Metal Edge, Hit Parader, etc. from the supermarket where I worked.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Metal Magazines   Favorite Metal Magazines Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2007 9:05 pm

I miss Ill Literature. That was a GREAT mag.

I just picked up my first-ever issue of Revolver a couple of weeks ago, because the cover story was "The History of Thrash"... great article, brought back lots of memories and it was full of awesome vintage pix of Metallica, Slayer, Megadeth, Exodus, etc.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Metal Magazines   Favorite Metal Magazines Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2007 5:46 am

Fat Freddy wrote:

I just picked up my first-ever issue of Revolver a couple of weeks ago, because the cover story was "The History of Thrash"... great article, brought back lots of memories and it was full of awesome vintage pix of Metallica, Slayer, Megadeth, Exodus, etc.

That is a good issue. The feature on Dave Mustaine was good too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Metal Magazines   Favorite Metal Magazines Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2007 11:00 am

Eyesore wrote:
The internet.

That's me.

I still like flipping through Metal Maniacs, Unrestrained and whatever other Metal Mags I can find at the bookstore...but I rarely buy any.
Back to top Go down
arttieTHE1manparty
Administrator
arttieTHE1manparty

Number of posts : 863

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Metal Magazines   Favorite Metal Magazines Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2007 11:00 am

I still pick up Metal Edge every other month or so... It is pretty much the only mag that is available here, other than Guitar or Guitar World.

Arttie
Back to top Go down
http://christianmetalrealm.niceboard.com
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Metal Magazines   Favorite Metal Magazines Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2007 11:56 am

ultmetal wrote:

I'm with you on this Ult,the internet has done away with my magazine reading
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Metal Magazines   Favorite Metal Magazines Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2007 1:43 pm

Like a few people said I mainly rely on the internet anymore.

I sometimes pick up BW & BK when they have copies in at the Barnes
And Nobles by my apartment which is like once every two or three
months. I occasionally read Metal Maniacs, Revolver and Metal
Edge too.

When I was a kid I would pick up Metal Edge, Circus and a bunch of others.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Metal Magazines   Favorite Metal Magazines Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2007 5:17 pm

I grew up reading magazines like RIP, Screamer, Metal Edge and Metal Maniacs (when Bori, and later Katherine Lugwig, were at the helm).

Some other old favorites: Ill Literature, the Grimoire, Promethean Crusade, Metalcore, Metal Rules!, Lamentations, Unrestrained!, SOD, Midwest Metal.

Many of those are gone now, with a couple of exceptions.

Today, I enjoy reading BWBK, Decibel, Terrorizer, and Metal Maniacs. MM isn't really the same as it used to be, though--it feels much more "corporate" now, somehow. Every article feels like a four-page ad for the record label. But then, the mags I write for aren't always any better, BAST excluded.

)+(
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Metal Magazines   Favorite Metal Magazines Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2007 12:38 am

STIGMATADOR wrote:
MM isn't really the same as it used to be, though--it feels much more "corporate" now, somehow. Every article feels like a four-page ad for the record label.
i agree, i still subscribe because it features alot of great bands, but the editor that took over for Mike G just plain sucks.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Metal Magazines   Favorite Metal Magazines Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorite Metal Magazines
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: