Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Metallica 1984

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

Metallica 1984 Empty
PostSubject: Metallica 1984   Metallica 1984 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 2:37 am

I don't know if anyone has seen these, but here are a couple of new videos that have been downloaded on youtube. The first video is pretty darn short, but it shows a few seconds of Metallica in the studio with Flemming Rasmussen, James, Lars, and most of all Cliff. I would love to see more from those days...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRQydqnQoQo

The second clip is from a show in France in 1984 playing Phantom Lord.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jjakbJbMNU&feature=related
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

Metallica 1984 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metallica 1984   Metallica 1984 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 3:26 am

I actually was really close to a girl whose father happens to be the executive producer of Kill em All, his name was John Zazula. Needless to say she was hot and well her daddy was an ass lmao. I would go over there and play my guitar and start playing Phantom Lord and Seek and Destroy and he really doesn't have fond memories so i guess it wasn't a great experience for him.
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

Metallica 1984 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metallica 1984   Metallica 1984 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 6:10 am

ah, those were the days. My favorite era of Metallica, the Cliff era.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

Metallica 1984 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metallica 1984   Metallica 1984 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 2:26 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
I actually was really close to a girl whose father happens to be the executive producer of Kill em All, his name was John Zazula. Needless to say she was hot and well her daddy was an ass lmao. I would go over there and play my guitar and start playing Phantom Lord and Seek and Destroy and he really doesn't have fond memories so i guess it wasn't a great experience for him.

Wow...that's a big name in the music industry! This guy had some major bands in his arsenal when he had Megaforce Records: Metallica, Anthrax, Overkill and Testament. A-hole or not, the guy definitely had an ear for talent. I always thought that he and his wife Marsha looked liked an interesting couple. I always thought it was funny when John once said that he, Metallica, and Dave Mustaine are really the only ones who truly knew what happened when the band fired Dave...LOL

For myself, it's always been a black & white issue. There were drinkers, and then there was Dave! Even though the band had the "Alcoholica" tag during those early years, somehow James, Lars, & Cliff always had the ability to separate that type of lifestyle with the bigger picture at hand....which was to become a driving force within the industry. When you started hearing about Dave beating up on Ron and James early on, because of the famous "Dog" incident, then you have what is a recipe for disaster. If there is that much dysfunction in the band before they've even released a record, then how bad might it have been by the time the band started working on a second album if Dave had not been fired?

I think Johnny Z wanted everyone to believe that there was actually some huge conspiracy going on, and that only he, Metallica, Dave, and maybe his wife were privy to what the supposed "Real" story was.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Metallica 1984 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metallica 1984   Metallica 1984 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 5:53 pm

Even if there was no drinking issue with Dave, I could not imagine him in Metallica, when you have two control freaks like Lars Ulrich and Dave Mustaine in the same band, no wonder James Hetfield drank alot having to deal with those two personalities.

Johnny Z definitley was a big deal in the music industry thru most of the 80's, his label Megaforce I believe for a time was once the most successful independant record label. Great ear for talent as Metalinveins stated.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Metallica 1984 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metallica 1984   Metallica 1984 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Metallica 1984
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: