Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Råg i Ryggen - Swedish 70's heavy metal

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Pontus
Metal student
Metal student

Number of posts : 132

Råg i Ryggen - Swedish 70's heavy metal Empty
PostSubject: Råg i Ryggen - Swedish 70's heavy metal   Råg i Ryggen - Swedish 70's heavy metal Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 2:43 pm

Råg i Ryggen were a Swedish heavy metal / progressive rock bands with big Black Sabbath and Uriah Heep vibes. They realesed their one and ony album in 1975 which sold very bad and they were dropped off their label and later disbanded. The guitarist Björn "Nysse" Nyström later went to tour with the Swedish punk rocker Magnus Uggla in the late 70's and started a new 80's rock band called Strix Q.

Sadly, Råg i Ryggen aren't that "well known" as other Swedish old skool heavy metal bands like Gotham City, Neon Rose or Heavy Load. I think they are very overlooked and that they need more attention!

Råg i Ryggen - Swedish 70's heavy metal 4a

Here are YouTube links to some of their songs:

"Land Over the Rainbow" (live)

"Det kan väl inte vara farligt"

"Naked Man"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Råg i Ryggen - Swedish 70's heavy metal   Råg i Ryggen - Swedish 70's heavy metal Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 3:12 pm

i have that vinyl(got it from uppsala for 90-120 kr in one of my trips there, while paying homage to kaarlavagen 119, stockholm 🤘 ). it has 2 good trax in the uriah heep tradition...i don't like the live trax from the bonus of the cd reissue...i'll take neon rose every day(when not spinning full speed at high level, though Laughing )...
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Råg i Ryggen - Swedish 70's heavy metal   Råg i Ryggen - Swedish 70's heavy metal Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 12:44 pm

It was pretty typical of the Swedish prog movement and the metal movement during the 70's to sing in Swedish. Jerusalem and Leviticus are but a few examples. I can see that these guys even had a Swedish band name. That really set them back a lot I would guess.

PostSubject: Re: Råg i Ryggen - Swedish 70's heavy metal   Råg i Ryggen - Swedish 70's heavy metal Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Råg i Ryggen - Swedish 70's heavy metal
Page 1 of 1