Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Wave Of Swedish Sleeze Metal

Go down 
+8
nevermore
exact33
Smindas
Fat Freddy
tohostudios
Thrasher73
krokus
JBall_Z
12 posters

Who is your favorite NWOSSM band?
Babylon Bombs
New Wave Of Swedish Sleeze Metal Vote_lcap0%New Wave Of Swedish Sleeze Metal Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
CrashDiet
New Wave Of Swedish Sleeze Metal Vote_lcap30%New Wave Of Swedish Sleeze Metal Vote_rcap
 30% [ 3 ]
Crazy Lixx
New Wave Of Swedish Sleeze Metal Vote_lcap0%New Wave Of Swedish Sleeze Metal Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Gemini Five
 0% [ 0 ]
Hardcore Superstar
New Wave Of Swedish Sleeze Metal Vote_lcap70%New Wave Of Swedish Sleeze Metal Vote_rcap
 70% [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 10

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
JBall_Z
Metal master
Metal master
JBall_Z

Number of posts : 919

New Wave Of Swedish Sleeze Metal Empty
PostSubject: New Wave Of Swedish Sleeze Metal   New Wave Of Swedish Sleeze Metal Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 9:42 pm

For those of you following the scene, who is your favorite band. I've included a poll, so please vote or write in a favorite not listed, so I can check 'em out. Smile With the exception of the incredible CrashDiet, I've only recently begun to listen to most of these bands. I can't believe what I've been missing.
Back to top Go down
JBall_Z
Metal master
Metal master
JBall_Z

PostSubject: Re: New Wave Of Swedish Sleeze Metal   New Wave Of Swedish Sleeze Metal Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 9:46 pm

BTW, CrashDiet got my vote. Matthew Sweet is an awesome songwriter. However, I really like the latest releases from Babylon Bombs and Gemini Five. I also ordered Hardcore Superstar's new one based on the strength of two songs, "Into Debauchery" and "Beg For It".
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: New Wave Of Swedish Sleeze Metal   New Wave Of Swedish Sleeze Metal Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 6:41 am

I said HARDCORE SUPERSTAR, i love their last 3 albums and their live dvd from 2005. Right now i have a t/shirt on by them and i saw them live a year ago. They kicked ass.
I like CRASHDIET too, they are more glam metal then sleazy in my opinion and i like their debut album, first 7 single and first demo the most. Their second album was a little darker and their new album, is okay again. I like the last CRAZY LIXX album very much, only have that one. Sound more like melodic hard rock to me then sleazy.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

PostSubject: Re: New Wave Of Swedish Sleeze Metal   New Wave Of Swedish Sleeze Metal Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 6:46 am

I like HARDCORE SUPERSTAR the most but only their last 3 albums and their live dvd from 2005. Saw them live a year ago and they kicked ass. Right now i have a tshirt on by them, from BEG FOR IT.
About CRASHDIET, they are more GLAM METAL then Sleazy to me, and i like specialy their first single, demo and first album.
CRAZY LIXX i only have their last album, more melodic hard rock then sleazy again but they are good.
I dont know if you know NASTY IDOLS but they released a killer album last year, BOYS TOWN. They are one of the first sleazy&glam bands from Sweden and influenced many of the bands of today. PARADICE is an other cool band.
And DIRTY PENNY from the States sound a lot like HARDCORE SUPERSTAR last 3 albums.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: New Wave Of Swedish Sleeze Metal   New Wave Of Swedish Sleeze Metal Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 8:02 am

I went with Hardcore Superstar out of those listed.Great band! I also really like Black Rain,I think they're from Sweden as well.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: New Wave Of Swedish Sleeze Metal   New Wave Of Swedish Sleeze Metal Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 10:03 am

Hardcore Superstar for me.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37646

PostSubject: Re: New Wave Of Swedish Sleeze Metal   New Wave Of Swedish Sleeze Metal Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 10:06 am

Of those listed, I've only heard Crashdiet and Hardcore Superstar, and even then I only have one disc from each band (REST IN SLEAZE by Crashdiet and the self titled by H.S.)... both are good but I think I'd give Hardcore Superstar the nod.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: New Wave Of Swedish Sleeze Metal   New Wave Of Swedish Sleeze Metal Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 10:14 am

I basically wish to entirely echo Freddy's sentiments. I also caught Hardcore Superstar at Donington last year, they're a great live band.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: New Wave Of Swedish Sleeze Metal   New Wave Of Swedish Sleeze Metal Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 10:25 am

I'd rank those five thusly:

Hardcore Superstar
Babylon Bombs
Gemini Five
Crazy Lixx
Crashdiet

I have all the Crashdiet albums but they just don't do much for me. Not bad but nothing that makes them stand out either IMO.

Metal master
Metal master
JBall_Z

PostSubject: Re: New Wave Of Swedish Sleeze Metal   New Wave Of Swedish Sleeze Metal Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 2:03 pm

krokus wrote:
I like HARDCORE SUPERSTAR the most but only their last 3 albums and their live dvd from 2005. Saw them live a year ago and they kicked ass. Right now i have a tshirt on by them, from BEG FOR IT.
About CRASHDIET, they are more GLAM METAL then Sleazy to me, and i like specialy their first single, demo and first album.
CRAZY LIXX i only have their last album, more melodic hard rock then sleazy again but they are good.
I dont know if you know NASTY IDOLS but they released a killer album last year, BOYS TOWN. They are one of the first sleazy&glam bands from Sweden and influenced many of the bands of today. PARADICE is an other cool band.
And DIRTY PENNY from the States sound a lot like HARDCORE SUPERSTAR last 3 albums.

Yeah, Krokus, I think I'll definitely like Hardcore Superstar. Looking forward to receiving "Beg For It" in the mail. "Into Debauchery" is excellent. I agree with your assessment of Crazy Lixx. They sound more like a Def Leppard than a Skid Row or Guns N Roses. Oh, and thanks for the recommendations, I will definitely check out Nasty Idols and Paradice. I listened to Dirty Penny's first cd, it was ok, but there was something about it that just didn't quite do it for me.
Back to top Go down
JBall_Z
Metal master
Metal master
JBall_Z

PostSubject: Re: New Wave Of Swedish Sleeze Metal   New Wave Of Swedish Sleeze Metal Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 2:06 pm

Smindas wrote:
I basically wish to entirely echo Freddy's sentiments. I also caught Hardcore Superstar at Donington last year, they're a great live band.

I think I'll defintely dive a little deeper into Hardcore Superstar's catalogue. Thanks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Wave Of Swedish Sleeze Metal   New Wave Of Swedish Sleeze Metal Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 2:10 pm

No Wig Wam?
Back to top Go down
JBall_Z
Metal master
Metal master
JBall_Z

PostSubject: Re: New Wave Of Swedish Sleeze Metal   New Wave Of Swedish Sleeze Metal Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 2:21 pm

TheNazgul wrote:
No Wig Wam?

Wig Wam is awesome, but they are from Norway, so I didn't think I should include them. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Wave Of Swedish Sleeze Metal   New Wave Of Swedish Sleeze Metal Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 2:44 pm

Yeah, but they fit the sound so well. I was kidding though.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: New Wave Of Swedish Sleeze Metal   New Wave Of Swedish Sleeze Metal Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 4:09 pm

I went with HCSS. It was a tough choice though. I would rank the list:

Hardcore Superstar
Gemini Five
Babylon Bombs
Crazy Lixx
Crashdiet

nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25871

PostSubject: Re: New Wave Of Swedish Sleeze Metal   New Wave Of Swedish Sleeze Metal Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 5:41 pm

I haven't heard any of these bands.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: New Wave Of Swedish Sleeze Metal   New Wave Of Swedish Sleeze Metal Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 10:53 am

nevermore wrote:

Me neither. Although judging by the results, Hardcore Superstar are the ones to check out. *sigh* so much music, so little $$$...

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: New Wave Of Swedish Sleeze Metal   New Wave Of Swedish Sleeze Metal Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 10:57 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
nevermore wrote:

Me neither. Although judging by the results, Hardcore Superstar are the ones to check out. *sigh* so much music, so little $$$...

Same here. I'll check 'em out sooner or later.
Back to top Go down
snooloui
Metal master
Metal master
snooloui

Number of posts : 913

PostSubject: Re: New Wave Of Swedish Sleeze Metal   New Wave Of Swedish Sleeze Metal Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 2:45 pm

Crashdiet are my favourites. Though haven't heard a great deal of any of them.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

PostSubject: Re: New Wave Of Swedish Sleeze Metal   New Wave Of Swedish Sleeze Metal Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 3:01 pm

JBall_Z wrote:
krokus wrote:

Yeah, Krokus, I think I'll definitely like Hardcore Superstar. Looking forward to receiving "Beg For It" in the mail. "Into Debauchery" is excellent. I agree with your assessment of Crazy Lixx. They sound more like a Def Leppard than a Skid Row or Guns N Roses. Oh, and thanks for the recommendations, I will definitely check out Nasty Idols and Paradice. I listened to Dirty Penny's first cd, it was ok, but there was something about it that just didn't quite do it for me.

Yeah, CRAZY LIXX are closer to the sound of DEF LEPPARD and other hard rock bands, and less like SKID ROW, LA GUNS, GNR, or FASTER Pu$$ycat for exemple.
I dont have the first DIRTY PENNY album, but i like their second album, check it out. Also MISS CRAZY are a great band.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: New Wave Of Swedish Sleeze Metal   New Wave Of Swedish Sleeze Metal Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 8:01 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
nevermore wrote:

I like HCSS a lot. Probably the first cd Toho recommended to me was the S/T. I got it after Beg for It but it is better. I think the new HCSS - Split your lip is out jan 2011.

I dont think you can go wrong with Gemini Five either (minus their second cd).

stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: New Wave Of Swedish Sleeze Metal   New Wave Of Swedish Sleeze Metal Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 9:43 pm

DANGER or The Poodles maybe, but since they are not on the list I went with CrashDiet

Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
JBall_Z
Metal master
Metal master
JBall_Z

PostSubject: Re: New Wave Of Swedish Sleeze Metal   New Wave Of Swedish Sleeze Metal Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 6:58 pm

Stormspell, you're right, I should have put The Poodles on the list. I haven't heard of Danger. I'll check them out along with Miss Crazy recommended by Krokus. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Wave Of Swedish Sleeze Metal   New Wave Of Swedish Sleeze Metal Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Wave Of Swedish Sleeze Metal
Page 1 of 1