Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

She & Him (Zooey)

Go down 
+5
jstate
scottmitchell74
manny
Shiney
thejokeriv
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

She & Him (Zooey) Empty
PostSubject: She & Him (Zooey)   She & Him (Zooey) Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 1:08 am

Perfect cure for the blues, a beautiful girl with a pretty voice obviously having fun playing music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOs5UwFHa6w&feature=related
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

She & Him (Zooey) Empty
PostSubject: Re: She & Him (Zooey)   She & Him (Zooey) Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 10:10 am

Dallas Black will be all over that!
Back to top Go down

She & Him (Zooey) Empty
PostSubject: Re: She & Him (Zooey)   She & Him (Zooey) Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 11:16 am

thejokeriv wrote:
Dallas Black will be all over that!

Yeah, that's one of the reasons I posted it.
Back to top Go down

She & Him (Zooey) Empty
PostSubject: Re: She & Him (Zooey)   She & Him (Zooey) Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 11:18 am

DB's poor foreskin. dancingthing
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

She & Him (Zooey) Empty
PostSubject: Re: She & Him (Zooey)   She & Him (Zooey) Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 12:51 pm

It'll be the ***shot heard 'round the world....

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

She & Him (Zooey) Empty
PostSubject: Re: She & Him (Zooey)   She & Him (Zooey) Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 4:49 pm

Dallas Black - Where are you to defend youself?!?
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

She & Him (Zooey) Empty
PostSubject: Re: She & Him (Zooey)   She & Him (Zooey) Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 4:59 pm

Dallas Black's future wife has a beautiful voice, usually I hate when actors/actresses try to become rock stars (Don Johnson, Keanu Reeves) but this sounds very promising
Back to top Go down

She & Him (Zooey) Empty
PostSubject: Re: She & Him (Zooey)   She & Him (Zooey) Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 5:08 pm

manny wrote:
Dallas Black's future wife has a beautiful voice, usually I hate when actors/actresses try to become rock stars (Don Johnson, Keanu Reeves) but this sounds very promising

Agreed. When I heard her sing "Baby, It's Cold Outside" in the movie Elf I was impressed and figured she'd get around to recording one of these days. She needs some "seasoning" but the raw talent is most definitely there.

She's also got a wacky sense of humor, check out this video from her debut album:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtlO0RXktlo
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

She & Him (Zooey) Empty
PostSubject: Re: She & Him (Zooey)   She & Him (Zooey) Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 6:42 pm

Quote :
DB's poor foreskin. She & Him (Zooey) 342505

Laughing very hard Laughing very hard Laughing very hard

When I first saw Elf I assumed that was not her singing. Makes her more hot.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

She & Him (Zooey) Empty
PostSubject: Re: She & Him (Zooey)   She & Him (Zooey) Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 6:51 pm

I really liked that and the other stuff on youtube too. Might have to get that album at some point. Somehow I always thought they'd be something I wouldn't like - think I may have heard M. Ward's stuff at some point. I like Zooey's voice. And she definitely needs to smile more often.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

She & Him (Zooey) Empty
PostSubject: Re: She & Him (Zooey)   She & Him (Zooey) Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 7:38 pm

spectrefate wrote:

He still hasn't replied to this thread - what's he been doing?
Back to top Go down

She & Him (Zooey) Empty
PostSubject: Re: She & Him (Zooey)   She & Him (Zooey) Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 7:40 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
spectrefate wrote:

Doesn't he work like 27 jobs or something?
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

She & Him (Zooey) Empty
PostSubject: Re: She & Him (Zooey)   She & Him (Zooey) Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 7:45 pm

detuned wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
spectrefate wrote:

Doesn't he work like 27 jobs or something?

Something think that - he works way too much. Wonder if he's got a "side job" like some people I knew in college. I went to ODU in Norfolk, Va and the Eastern VA Medical School near by had a famous fertility center (jones center) that had made test tube babies in the past. They did need large donations of spooge to keep up their reseach, so you could "donate" for money - great place for beer money. The guys I knew that did this were making money hand over fist.
Back to top Go down

She & Him (Zooey) Empty
PostSubject: Re: She & Him (Zooey)   She & Him (Zooey) Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 8:00 pm

I admire someone who can work multiple jobs. I certainly do not have that kind of ethic.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

She & Him (Zooey) Empty
PostSubject: Re: She & Him (Zooey)   She & Him (Zooey) Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 8:35 pm

Quote :
They did need large donations of spooge to keep
up their reseach, so you could "donate" for money - great place for
beer money. The guys I knew that did this were making money hand over
fist.

Abilene needs one of these!! lol!
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

She & Him (Zooey) Empty
PostSubject: Re: She & Him (Zooey)   She & Him (Zooey) Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 9:30 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Quote :
They did need large donations of spooge to keep
up their reseach, so you could "donate" for money - great place for
beer money. The guys I knew that did this were making money hand over
fist.

Abilene needs one of these!! lol!

Always makes you wonder about guys whose right arms are way more musclar than their left!
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

She & Him (Zooey) Empty
PostSubject: Re: She & Him (Zooey)   She & Him (Zooey) Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 10:22 pm

Quote :

I usually check HOM on my days off so I missed this one. I haven't watched the link because I'm trying to distance myself from Zooey. I stated to become obsessed with her and my desire for her was starting effect me. Sounds pathetic? Well it felt that way as well. I need to just wait until love finds me and not dwell on it-though that is easier said than done. There is a woman out there for me so I just need to be more patient and learn not to get wrapped up in crushes.

Quote :
I admire someone who can work multiple jobs. I certainly do not have that kind of ethic.

It's all done out of necessity. I need to get my debt paid off and save up money for when I get a career and a place to live. When I saved enough I will go to mechanic school and I will quit one of the jobs. Hopefully I can get a career going and not need to work so much. Besides I only work 20 hours on top of a 40 hour job (15 hours these days-apperantly Albertsons cuts the hours of the regular employees during the holidays to hire temporary help).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

She & Him (Zooey) Empty
PostSubject: Re: She & Him (Zooey)   She & Him (Zooey) Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 10:38 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
I haven't watched the link because I'm trying to distance myself from Zooey. I stated to become obsessed with her and my desire for her was starting effect me. Sounds pathetic? Well it felt that way as well. I need to just wait until love finds me and not dwell on it-though that is easier said than done. There is a woman out there for me so I just need to be more patient and learn not to get wrapped up in crushes.

There's nothing wrong with crushes, even if it's a celebrity that you'll never meet...it's part of the natural order of things and as long as you don't fly to California and start stalking her...don't worry about it. Enjoy her beauty, her talent...and check out her music because I was pleasantly surprised by how much I liked it.

Cheers,
Shawn
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

She & Him (Zooey) Empty
PostSubject: Re: She & Him (Zooey)   She & Him (Zooey) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 9:25 am

DB - Yeah!!!! You read the thread!!!!

You know we are only messing with you because your the man!!!!

Good luck on the debt reduction plan!
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

She & Him (Zooey) Empty
PostSubject: Re: She & Him (Zooey)   She & Him (Zooey) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 10:10 am

thejokeriv wrote:
DB - Yeah!!!! You read the thread!!!!

You know we are only messing with you because your the man!!!!

Good luck on the debt reduction plan!

Thanks, this time last year I was around $14,000 and now I have a little over $4,ooo. By the end of January it will be gone (if I was better with my money this year it'd be gone by now).
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

She & Him (Zooey) Empty
PostSubject: Re: She & Him (Zooey)   She & Him (Zooey) Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 6:25 pm

detuned wrote:

There's nothing wrong with crushes, even if it's a celebrity that you'll never meet...it's part of the natural order of things and as long as you don't fly to California and start stalking her...

The Detuned one is correct. Hell, I've been crushing on Samantha Fox since I was sixteen years old!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

She & Him (Zooey) Empty
PostSubject: Re: She & Him (Zooey)   She & Him (Zooey) Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 7:13 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
detuned wrote:

There's nothing wrong with crushes, even if it's a celebrity that you'll never meet...it's part of the natural order of things and as long as you don't fly to California and start stalking her...

The Detuned one is correct. Hell, I've been crushing on Samantha Fox since I was sixteen years old!!

Yeah, but you need to understand something, crushes do nothing but remind me how lonley I am. That is why I don't like to dwell on them. I feel it's best to keep my mind off of something I can't control. Right now with two jobs, school comming up, and no social life I must remain in my current state til things get settled. Til then my crushes must be supressed for me to keep my sanity (which was never stable to begin with insane ).
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

She & Him (Zooey) Empty
PostSubject: Re: She & Him (Zooey)   She & Him (Zooey) Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 7:21 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
detuned wrote:

Freddy, I think it may be time to let go of it. Literally, its gotta be raw by now.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

She & Him (Zooey) Empty
PostSubject: Re: She & Him (Zooey)   She & Him (Zooey) Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 8:53 am

DeathCult wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
detuned wrote:

Freddy, I think it may be time to let go of it. Literally, its gotta be raw by now.

NEVER!! She WILL be mine do you hear me? MINE!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

She & Him (Zooey) Empty
PostSubject: Re: She & Him (Zooey)   She & Him (Zooey) Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 12:17 pm

This is going to break Dallas Black's heart, personally I think Dallas can take him and win his love of his life over, but here is the sad news:

Death Cab for Cutie frontman Ben Gibbard and She & Him singer-actress Zooey Deschanel are engaged, a source close to the couple tells Us. The couple are “so thrilled,” the source says, “Zooey was swept off her feet, and Ben is so excited.” To be honest, we didn’t even know Zooey and Ben were an item, and apparently neither did the rest of the media: The announcement came just hours after a false report saying Deschanel was engaged to AFI bassist Hunter Burgan, who immediately denied the reports.
In the end, it was revealed it was Gibbard and not Burgan who is engaged to the Elf actress.
According to some Websites, the couple have been dating for almost a year. In the past, Deschanel has dated artists like actor-drummer-Coconut Records dude Jason Schwartzman and Maroon 5’s Mickey Madden, but it was Gibbard that ultimately, in the words of BeyoncĂ©’s Best Single of ‘08, put a ring on it. While they managed to keep their relationship out of the spotlight, Gibbard and Deschanel have shared the stage on at least one occasion, performing the Everly Brothers’ “All I Have To Do Is Dream” at an Obama fundraiser in August.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

She & Him (Zooey) Empty
PostSubject: Re: She & Him (Zooey)   She & Him (Zooey) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

She & Him (Zooey)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: