Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RIVERBOTTOM NIGHTMARE BAND!

Go down 
+5
tohostudios
sam
scottmitchell74
metalinmyveins
Fat Freddy
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

RIVERBOTTOM NIGHTMARE BAND! Empty
PostSubject: RIVERBOTTOM NIGHTMARE BAND!   RIVERBOTTOM NIGHTMARE BAND! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 3:26 pm

My sons and I just finished watching the classic '70s Muppet holiday special, "Emmet Otter's Jugband Christmas" ... seen it a zillion times since I was a kid and this bit, as always, is my favorite part. The Riverbottom Nightmare Band ROCKS! 🤘

Only in the Muppet universe could a snake play a bass guitar. Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: RIVERBOTTOM NIGHTMARE BAND!   RIVERBOTTOM NIGHTMARE BAND! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 3:32 pm

Lyrics:

River Bottom Nightmare Band
We take what we want
We do anything that we wish
We got no respect
For animal birdy or fish

The grass does not grow
On the places where we stop and stand

We know we're a mess
But I does not like to be clean
We don't brush our teeth
'Cause our toothache can help us stay mean

We don't wish to learn
But we hate what we don't understand
River Bottom

When you see us comin'
You better startin' runnin'
We're always startin' trouble
And we're happiest when things are outta hand

Rivers are for boilin'
Parties are for spoilin'
We either like to sit and pout
Or else go out and terrorize our land

We laugh in your face
Or we practice our growl and our sneer
We break up your place
We are dangerous when we are near

And when we are done with our song
Who will get the biggest hand?
Who?
River Bottom Nightmare Band!
River Bottom Nightmare Band!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: RIVERBOTTOM NIGHTMARE BAND!   RIVERBOTTOM NIGHTMARE BAND! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 3:46 pm

Sadly, this is better than a lot of stuff which is popular today.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: RIVERBOTTOM NIGHTMARE BAND!   RIVERBOTTOM NIGHTMARE BAND! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 4:36 pm

Hey kid!

RIVERBOTTOM NIGHTMARE BAND! RiverbottomII

My Sig at the CMR!!
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: RIVERBOTTOM NIGHTMARE BAND!   RIVERBOTTOM NIGHTMARE BAND! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 7:07 pm

Awesome, thanks freddy
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: RIVERBOTTOM NIGHTMARE BAND!   RIVERBOTTOM NIGHTMARE BAND! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 7:12 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Hey kid!

My Sig at the CMR!!

I knew I'd heard about this band before...

It's the mind's self defense mechanism to block bad memories...

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: RIVERBOTTOM NIGHTMARE BAND!   RIVERBOTTOM NIGHTMARE BAND! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 7:37 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Hey kid!

My Sig at the CMR!!

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!! 🤘

What say we campaign for Ultimatum to add this track to their covers album?? Laughing

Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: RIVERBOTTOM NIGHTMARE BAND!   RIVERBOTTOM NIGHTMARE BAND! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 8:43 pm

Oh, wow! That would simply be incredible!!
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: RIVERBOTTOM NIGHTMARE BAND!   RIVERBOTTOM NIGHTMARE BAND! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 8:57 pm

Nice!!!!!!!! Me and a friend were jamming these guys at work a lot over the summer.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: RIVERBOTTOM NIGHTMARE BAND!   RIVERBOTTOM NIGHTMARE BAND! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 2:57 am

That's cool!
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: RIVERBOTTOM NIGHTMARE BAND!   RIVERBOTTOM NIGHTMARE BAND! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 8:21 am

My Daughter and I watched this the other night.Its a great little show.It always kinda pissed me off that the Nightmare beat Emmets Jug Band at the talent show. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: RIVERBOTTOM NIGHTMARE BAND!   RIVERBOTTOM NIGHTMARE BAND! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 8:44 am

thrasher73 wrote:
My Daughter and I watched this the other night.Its a great little show.It always kinda pissed me off that the Nightmare beat Emmets Jug Band at the talent show. Laughing

Awwww, come on... the Nightmare totally deserved to win... they brought a light show and everything!!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RIVERBOTTOM NIGHTMARE BAND!   RIVERBOTTOM NIGHTMARE BAND! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 8:50 am

I had never seen this before until this morning. Pretty awesome. Smile What the heck is the thing swimming around in the tank in the background?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: RIVERBOTTOM NIGHTMARE BAND!   RIVERBOTTOM NIGHTMARE BAND! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 9:01 am

spectrefate wrote:
I had never seen this before until this morning. Pretty awesome. Smile What the heck is the thing swimming around in the tank in the background?

That's a fish. I don't know his name but he's a member of the "Riverbottom Gang," the local tough guys who make up the band. Earlier in the special the Gang is riding around town in their hot rod and he's in a bucket in the back seat, spitting water at passers-by, haha. When they stop at the music store (so the Snake can get a new string for his guitar), they ask the fish if he wants to go in too, and he sez something like "Nah.. It's a little too dry in there for me." Laughing very hard

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: RIVERBOTTOM NIGHTMARE BAND!   RIVERBOTTOM NIGHTMARE BAND! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 10:52 am

It would be cool if a stoner or doom band covered this. I could see someone like Orange Goblin, BigElf or Fireball Ministry doing something nasty with this tune.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: RIVERBOTTOM NIGHTMARE BAND!   RIVERBOTTOM NIGHTMARE BAND! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 10:57 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
It would be cool if a stoner or doom band covered this. I could see someone like Orange Goblin, BigElf or Fireball Ministry doing something nasty with this tune.

If you just search for the song title on YouTube, several clips pop up of various bands doing live cover versions of the song... including one by Anal C**t, of all creatures.

Someone NEEDS to do a proper studio recording of it though!!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RIVERBOTTOM NIGHTMARE BAND!   RIVERBOTTOM NIGHTMARE BAND! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RIVERBOTTOM NIGHTMARE BAND!
Page 1 of 1