Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dublin Death Patrol

Go down 
+4
Smindas
ultmetal
mc666
Troublezone
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

Dublin Death Patrol - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dublin Death Patrol   Dublin Death Patrol - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2007 11:35 am

that just obbsessive
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dublin Death Patrol   Dublin Death Patrol - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2008 9:07 pm

Picked this up today. Listened to it on the way in from town. It's awesome! All of you should own this! Seriously.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dublin Death Patrol   Dublin Death Patrol - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2008 2:34 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Smindas wrote:
They also have Steve Souza amongst them. I heard a few tracks and it doesn't sound half bad.
And Troy Lucketta from Tesla. Not a name I would have put in the same company of Testament or Exodus, but hey, the guy must be pretty good at what he does.
So Troy plays on the covers of "Iron Fist" and "Cold Sweat." So he's still doing the rock drumming thing, not thrash. I'm still curious to know how he got involved in this project. There's nothing in the booklet explaining it.

Either way, I've been listening to this non-stop since yesterday, and it's an outstanding album. The band name is odd, too. I know it points to Dublin, CA, but the album has shamrocks in the artwork and traditional indian music as bonus music. Weird combo.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dublin Death Patrol   Dublin Death Patrol - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2008 3:32 pm

Its a sorta average Thrash release. Maybe worth it for collecting purposes but not mandatory by a long shot, IMO.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dublin Death Patrol   Dublin Death Patrol - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2008 3:36 pm

Eyesore wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Smindas wrote:
They also have Steve Souza amongst them. I heard a few tracks and it doesn't sound half bad.
And Troy Lucketta from Tesla. Not a name I would have put in the same company of Testament or Exodus, but hey, the guy must be pretty good at what he does.
So Troy plays on the covers of "Iron Fist" and "Cold Sweat." So he's still doing the rock drumming thing, not thrash. I'm still curious to know how he got involved in this project. There's nothing in the booklet explaining it.

Either way, I've been listening to this non-stop since yesterday, and it's an outstanding album. The band name is odd, too. I know it points to Dublin, CA, but the album has shamrocks in the artwork and traditional indian music as bonus music. Weird combo.

Troys involvement is basically a friends thing - -actually that was the whole purpose of the "band" to begin with. They were a gang in the early eighties and got nicknamed the Dublin Death Patrol because of their homeparts in the Bay Area. It seems they were a bit rowdy and the tag got stuck and so used when the idea of recording the material came up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dublin Death Patrol   Dublin Death Patrol - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2008 3:45 pm

St Patrik wrote:
Its a sorta average Thrash release. Maybe worth it for collecting purposes but not mandatory by a long shot, IMO.
I'd say it's well above average.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dublin Death Patrol   Dublin Death Patrol - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2008 3:53 pm

Eyesore wrote:
St Patrik wrote:
I'd say it's well above average.

Oh, its an enjoyable release from time to time. Im so used to thinking critically that I dont necessarily view average as bad or anything.

Edit: here's the review I wrote for it, BTW:
http://metalexpressradio.com/menu.php?main=reviews&id=2175
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dublin Death Patrol   Dublin Death Patrol - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dublin Death Patrol
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2